[Q] Cannot install stock rom with RUU.exe?

Search This thread

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
SOLVED!

I need to send my DHD to repair, so I want to make it (almost) stock. It is now ENG S-OFF, HBOOT 0.85.2007, radio 26.14.04.28_M, CID HTC_Y13.

I think I will let it stay S-OFF, so I would just install a RUU.exe.

I have tried with two different releases of RUU's, both RUU_Ace_sen30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.401.1_Radio_12.65.60.29.

The process stops at the moment when it says "ten minutes". It then shortly shows that I am not using the correct upgrade tool, which probably means that I am using a wrong RUU? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

aliHTCDHD

Jul 5, 2011
it depends which country your in I need to know to help you.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
I am from Denmark, I don't know whether HTC_Y13 is specific danish? It is also the CID of my newly bought Sensation

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
I am from Denmark, I don't know whether HTC_Y13 is specific danish? It is also the CID of my newly bought Sensation

Have you tried reverting to stock with the Hack Kit? maybe that it is working.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

or If you want to stay S-OFF, then u can restore the original backup and unroot...

Reactions: henrylar

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
unfortunately I did not take a backup of the stock, I have just checked :-(

Actually I have the goldcard I used to unlock and root it. However, my vol up button is not working ( vol down is) - which is why it has to go to service.

Is there anything I can do with that when installing the RUU from Windows?

I might go the hack kit, I have never used it that way around. I just try to understand what the problem is about installing the RUU, CID? - the ext4, that it does not like (I am on ARHD, Gingerbread and Ext4 recovery)?

When I try to use the RUU.exe: The fault comes when it is going to restart to bootloader, then it says: "fault 155, fault when updating the image"

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
unfortunately I did not take a backup of the stock, I have just checked :-(

Actually I have the goldcard I used to unlock and root it. However, my vol up button is not working ( vol down is) - which is why it has to go to service.

Is there anything I can do with that when installing the RUU from Windows?

I might go the hack kit, I have never used it that way around. I just try to understand what the problem is about installing the RUU, CID? - the ext4, that it does not like (I am on ARHD, Gingerbread and Ext4 recovery)?

When I try to use the RUU.exe: The fault comes when it is going to restart to bootloader, then it says: "fault 155, fault when updating the image"

If your volume rocker is broken, maybe that is the issue, it stays pressed. You should try to flash a RUU from command prompt and fastboot, but first you have to get the PD98IMG.zip file....

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
Vol up does not act as if it is stuck, more like no reaction. The wifi also turned off a few days later, and I have seen that this is a normal fault, first vol up goes, then wifi - and that it takes a new board.

As said, I have the goldcard with a PD98img.zip on. There is a lot of ".img" files in that. Shall I fastboot flash to the recovery.img, that is within that zip, and then what?

Or do I need to find it from the procedure of looking at a temp-file when I try to install the RUU.exe?

Sorry for asking, but I think that I better double check in this situation

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Vol up does not act as if it is stuck, more like no reaction. The wifi also turned off a few days later, and I have seen that this is a normal fault, first vol up goes, then wifi - and that it takes a new board.

As said, I have the goldcard with a PD98img.zip on. There is a lot of ".img" files in that. Shall I fastboot flash to the recovery.img, that is within that zip, and then what?

Or do I need to find it from the procedure of looking at a temp-file when I try to install the RUU.exe?

Sorry for asking, but I think that I better double check in this situation

you can flash the zip file from fastboot...the img file you will be able just if you are ENG S-OFF

Just get the original RUU and then run it. maybe the PD98IMG.zip file that u have in your sdcard is not the correct one. Make sure that it is the one for your phone!!

Last edited:

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
Thank you - I am eng S_OFF
I am not sure I understand what you propose. Shall I extract the zip file from the RUU? What would the name be I should look for Can I fastboot a zip file, I thought it had to be an .img file?

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
Thank you - I am eng S_OFF
I am not sure I understand what you propose. Shall I extract the zip file from the RUU? What would the name be I should look for Can I fastboot a zip file, I thought it had to be an .img file?

not actually. I think flashing a PD98IMG.zip file is better and safer. I am just saying that you should try using the correct RUU.

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
You can flash the RUU with the phone in fastboot. Plug it in (you should see fastboot USB in red), have the file in the PC, open a cmd session as admin and navigate to where the PD98IMG.zip file is and then type:

Fastboot oem rebootRUU (you should get a black screen with silver HTC)

Fastboot flash zip PD98IMG.zip (when you get the okay in the cmd screen, ignore the green bar in the phone)

Fastboot reboot

That will flash the file without using volume rocker. Hope it works...:cool:

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Reactions: henrylar

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
Thank you very much. I am unfortunately not home for the next days, but will try this which seems at the best solution.

henrylar

Feb 8, 2008
Success!I had to delete HTC sync to make get connection at the boot, but then everything went fine.

Thank you very much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

or If you want to stay S-OFF, then u can restore the original backup and unroot...
    You can flash the RUU with the phone in fastboot. Plug it in (you should see fastboot USB in red), have the file in the PC, open a cmd session as admin and navigate to where the PD98IMG.zip file is and then type:

Fastboot oem rebootRUU (you should get a black screen with silver HTC)

Fastboot flash zip PD98IMG.zip (when you get the okay in the cmd screen, ignore the green bar in the phone)

Fastboot reboot

That will flash the file without using volume rocker. Hope it works...:cool:

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
    Thank you very much. I am unfortunately not home for the next days, but will try this which seems at the best solution.

Yeah, that should work...you can even boot into bootloader from command prompt.

If you need help, just PM me....:)