[Q] Samasung Galaxy S4 SGH-S970G Help Plz!!!!

Search This thread

Chuggalo

Feb 25, 2012
Ok, so first off I rooted my previous phone (a Verizon Motorola Droid X2) without any problems ever. I dropped Verizon as my carrier and switched to Straight Talk and I bought the Samsung Galaxy S4, after a few months of having it I decided to look for a way to root it. After a few days of browsing and reading about I found and root option that worked. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758) This saferoot worked and i had superuser and was able to do everything i wanted to.

I then went on the Google play store and installed apps that I previously had on my old device for rooted phones. Well I installed chainfire3D and opened it up and clicked install the drives (which then requires a reboot) after a sort time I noticed my phone was stuck on the loading screen and I can't get past it.

I then start looking for a unroot/unbrick option in order to restore my phone to default firmware and factory settings to get it to work again.

Now here is the dilemma...
Like it says in the title, the phone model is SGH-S970G and for the life of me I can't find this model's firmware anywhere.

plz help me asap!!!!
Thank you in advance for any useful information to help point me in the right direction or give me a solution!

dratsablive

Feb 20, 2011
HARRISBURG
Ok, so first off I rooted my previous phone (a Verizon Motorola Droid X2) without any problems ever. I dropped Verizon as my carrier and switched to Straight Talk and I bought the Samsung Galaxy S4, after a few months of having it I decided to look for a way to root it. After a few days of browsing and reading about I found and root option that worked. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758) This saferoot worked and i had superuser and was able to do everything i wanted to.

I then went on the Google play store and installed apps that I previously had on my old device for rooted phones. Well I installed chainfire3D and opened it up and clicked install the drives (which then requires a reboot) after a sort time I noticed my phone was stuck on the loading screen and I can't get past it.

I then start looking for a unroot/unbrick option in order to restore my phone to default firmware and factory settings to get it to work again.

Now here is the dilemma...
Like it says in the title, the phone model is SGH-S970G and for the life of me I can't find this model's firmware anywhere.

plz help me asap!!!!
Thank you in advance for any useful information to help point me in the right direction or give me a solution!

If you get your phone fixed, I suggest you skip reinstalling Chainfire 3D. It specifically says it's not for Jelly Bean devices.