HTC One M8 Antutu Benchmark Score

Search This thread

stajam

Sep 22, 2013
St Louis
You must have power saving enabled. You should be able to turn it off with a Venom quick toggle. I s-offed and flashed Venom on my roommate's phone and got about 20k in Antutu so I figured power saver must have been enabled. I edited settings.db and enabled the hidden menu. After turning off power saver I noticed there was a quick toggle for it so unhiding the power saver option probably wasn't necessary. With power saver off I got around 35,000 on Antutu. If you're on Venom 1.5 you should do the OTA update as well.

Instructions for unhiding power saver mode in settings:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701909

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Stock ROM?
Well I disabled power saving mode and I still only got me about 26,000. Here is what I'm running

HTC One M8 Verizon.
Android Ver. 4.4.2
ViperOneM8 ver. 1.6

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
Well I disabled power saving mode and I still only got me about 26,000. Here is what I'm running

HTC One M8 Verizon.
Android Ver. 4.4.2
ViperOneM8 ver. 1.6

You should be getting higher than 26k. Oh I have an idea. I think after disabling power saver on my roommate's phone I discovered that the max CPU freq was still set to a power saving level so check that in venom tweaks. Also use interactive or performance for the CPU governor (pick a governor other than performance after benchmarking) you could also enable CPU boost (or whatever it's called) to increase CPU frequency for benchmarks. I think it's in developer options. For an even higher score put your phone in the fridge while running Antutu.

holla420

Oct 6, 2011
Atlanta,Ga
Yeah, I would've mentioned it but it doesn't make sense because with Android Revolution HD I was at 2.8 GHz and could do the benchmarks fine then suddenly with any other ROM its an instant crash? lol, doesn't make sense.

I flashed teamcode craft 2.8ghz oc kernel. It use to not reboot the phone I had a score of 40k. Not sure why it's rebooting bout only in antutu. Quadrant it doesn't

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
I flashed teamcode craft 2.8ghz oc kernel. It use to not reboot the phone I had a score of 40k. Not sure why it's rebooting bout only in antutu. Quadrant it doesn't

Sent from my Insanely powered M8 using Tapatalk

I was thinking maybe its to prevent people from "cheating"? i don't know if kernels are considered cheating in benchmarks but yeah. Maybe it detects you're using a custom kernel?

stajam

Sep 22, 2013
St Louis
You should be getting higher than 26k. Oh I have an idea. I think after disabling power saver on my roommate's phone I discovered that the max CPU freq was still set to a power saving level so check that in venom tweaks. Also use interactive or performance for the CPU governor (pick a governor other than performance after benchmarking) you could also enable CPU boost (or whatever it's called) to increase CPU frequency for benchmarks. I think it's in developer options. For an even higher score put your phone in the fridge while running Antutu.
Well I guess I could use my phone for a hot plate. LoL.

May 26, 2014
The performance of this phone is so great that I'm willing to settle with marginally reduced performance for great customization. I'm on viperone and I have absolutely no problems with performance.

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
I have a question as well. Do you have any lag while on viper and if so does the stock Rom lag in same area as well?. It doesn't matter about benchmarks if everything is fast and snappy. So is everything perfect or does it ever lag? &if so then when and what lags?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

When you ran viper, what lag did you get? I'm running viper and the only time I experience lag is when typing. Odd.... I usually underclock and have power saver on.. But even on 2.3GHz I still have lag when typing. Its the only time I do though :/ Is it the power saver?I saw in the forum people mentioned it.. It gets kind of annoying though. Having lag on a new phone.. any suggestions anyone?

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
Custom kernel is not cheating BTW. Edited :insignificant info deleted

Last edited:
R

rooted_by_nature

GPE ROM For Verizon HTC M8

The latest version of this ROM is Android 4.4.4, with outstanding performance benchmarks, Quadrant 25000 and Antutu 39000, includes xposed mods.

toknitup420

Jan 8, 2011
boston
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but I was curious if anyone is using ViperOne M8 1.5.0 ROM and checked their Antutu score. I absolutely love this ROM but I can't seem to get a very high score unless I am on stock ROM. ViperOne only getting a score of around 20,000. My stock ROM gets around 39,000. Any ideas on how to get this score up?
If this post is in the wrong place please feel free to move it. Thx.
Sent from my Venomous HTC M8
Be wary as antutu scores do not necessarily mean smooth and proper performance. Especially if your ROM has its own kernel that uses intellidemand. This will cause low scores however performance will still be great.

Reactions: stajam

blineboy

Sep 12, 2014
Are my scores correct for my one m8, in high developer mode i get a score with antutu x of 44713 it is and in antutu my score is 44696. Then my m8 not being in high developer mode in antutu x i get a score of 44959 and in antutu a score of 44850.

Kołek

Jan 3, 2011
Wieleń
Ful stock:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-29-19-37-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-29-19-37-45.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_2015-06-29-19-37-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-29-19-37-49.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 128

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a question as well. Do you have any lag while on viper and if so does the stock Rom lag in same area as well?. It doesn't matter about benchmarks if everything is fast and snappy. So is everything perfect or does it ever lag? &if so then when and what lags?

Here is my latest on 4.4.3 GPE....

Keep in mind benchmarks can be manipulated by tweaking any number of settings or flashing an OC kernel. You can use them as a guide but if the rom is running smooth, I would not worry about it's bench score.
    100% agree. Although, here is my benchmark score on stock sense 6
    I have noticed that my stock rom is much more responsive then that of Viper. I guess I am willing to sacrifice a little lag for all the customization I can do with Viper.

But do you feel any lag? If not, be happy. Benchmarks mean very little, really.
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but I was curious if anyone is using ViperOne M8 1.5.0 ROM and checked their Antutu score. I absolutely love this ROM but I can't seem to get a very high score unless I am on stock ROM. ViperOne only getting a score of around 20,000. My stock ROM gets around 39,000. Any ideas on how to get this score up?
    If this post is in the wrong place please feel free to move it. Thx.
    Be wary as antutu scores do not necessarily mean smooth and proper performance. Especially if your ROM has its own kernel that uses intellidemand. This will cause low scores however performance will still be great.