[APP] Road Rage -[R]- 2/22/11 -[V]- 1.0

Search This thread

enahs_

Oct 18, 2009
Name: Road Rage

This is my first App for Windows Phone 7 (or any system actually). It is a simple to use program to tell those other drivers what you think! This small and quick loading program presents you with 9 words to display on your screen in big bold letters. Sayings included:
Wait!
Move!
Jerk!
Idiot!
Blinker!
Faster!
Slower!
My Bad!
Sorry!

The other advantage is they all have a 'mirror' mode, so other drivers can read the messages in their rear view mirrors! This was harder to do then just write the characters of the message backwards!

Takes advantage of the users selected theme as well. It is also very small and takes up little storage space. Screenshots of main screen and one of the mirror messages is attached below.

*download*
It is available for free, ad supported, on the Windows Phone 7 Market Place. Either search for 'Road Rage' on the Marketplace or click the following link (should launch Zune software): Get 'Road Rage'
*download*

I originally had a few more harsh words in the program, but it was rejected by Microsoft for excessive use of adult language. It took several tries to get it approved. I originally had the words "ASS" and "****er" and was rejected, so I tried to go all Battlestar Galactica and substitute "Fracker!", but it was still rejected. So I then removed them and went with "Jerk!" and "Idiot!". I also predict that this program will be emulated/copied onto the iPhone and Android system by somebody else fairly soon, but I did it first!

If there is enough demand I will update the program to allow users to create their own messages and save them to the menu for quick easy selection, to by-pass Microsofts explicit language policy.

*WARNING* Operating a portable electronic device while driving is dangerous and is probably illegal in your area, and probably pretty stupid too. Use at your own risk!

Attachments

• splashscreenimage.jpg
    splashscreenimage.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Reactions: failtorespond

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Hmm... Have you ever tried a finger? Much more effective and no ads at all LOL

P.S. BTW, do you really think that someone is able to see a handset's screen at the rear-view mirror??? ;-/

enahs_

Oct 18, 2009
Hmm... Have you ever tried a finger? Much more effective and no ads at all LOL

P.S. BTW, do you really think that someone is able to see a handset's screen at the rear-view mirror??? ;-/

Yes, they are, we tested it. That is why the messages are short, so they can take the full screen. The text will be larger then US license plate lettering on any screen bigger then 3.5 inches. And it has more contrast then most license plate color combination's, so it should be no problem at all for most people and a decent distance away.

sxeanleedavid

Feb 24, 2011
What if you have tinted windows ? Also, holding UP the phone like that while driving is kind of dangerous. The effort versus affect isn't worth the trouble. Try that in parts of California and you'll be wearing your WP7 up your arse, get shot at, or laughed at such a feeble minded display of cowardice. Better to be a defensive driver to avoid an accident. :)

Reactions: failtorespond

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
I don't see anything that comes in handy! Nice effort mate but i still prefer my mouth and my finger.. it's much faster than Unlock your phone, open app and show it to the driver! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Road Rage

This is my first App for Windows Phone 7 (or any system actually). It is a simple to use program to tell those other drivers what you think! This small and quick loading program presents you with 9 words to display on your screen in big bold letters. Sayings included:
    Wait!
    Move!
    Jerk!
    Idiot!
    Blinker!
    Faster!
    Slower!
    My Bad!
    Sorry!

The other advantage is they all have a 'mirror' mode, so other drivers can read the messages in their rear view mirrors! This was harder to do then just write the characters of the message backwards!

Takes advantage of the users selected theme as well. It is also very small and takes up little storage space. Screenshots of main screen and one of the mirror messages is attached below.

*download*
    It is available for free, ad supported, on the Windows Phone 7 Market Place. Either search for 'Road Rage' on the Marketplace or click the following link (should launch Zune software): Get 'Road Rage'
    *download*

I originally had a few more harsh words in the program, but it was rejected by Microsoft for excessive use of adult language. It took several tries to get it approved. I originally had the words "ASS" and "****er" and was rejected, so I tried to go all Battlestar Galactica and substitute "Fracker!", but it was still rejected. So I then removed them and went with "Jerk!" and "Idiot!". I also predict that this program will be emulated/copied onto the iPhone and Android system by somebody else fairly soon, but I did it first!

If there is enough demand I will update the program to allow users to create their own messages and save them to the menu for quick easy selection, to by-pass Microsofts explicit language policy.

*WARNING* Operating a portable electronic device while driving is dangerous and is probably illegal in your area, and probably pretty stupid too. Use at your own risk!
    Nice app but my road rage includes much harsher words and phrases 0:)
    What if you have tinted windows ? Also, holding UP the phone like that while driving is kind of dangerous. The effort versus affect isn't worth the trouble. Try that in parts of California and you'll be wearing your WP7 up your arse, get shot at, or laughed at such a feeble minded display of cowardice. Better to be a defensive driver to avoid an accident. :)