[EC09][KERNEL]NAMELESS EC09 Kernel v1.1b Final - EXT4/CIFS/TUN/BusyBox/Root/FixPerms

Search This thread

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
NAMELESS EC09 Kernel v1.1b Final

Credits: me, and nemesis2all (info, tools, etc) thanks!

--

This kernel is based off of the EC09 leaked kernel with a repacked initramfs. Basically what it does is take the stock kernel and repackage it with some things we want. Thought I would throw something out to play with today, this will probably see a few more versions after user testing. Flash in CWM recovery.

--

Features:
  • EXT4 Mounting Support
  • CIFS Module (untested)
  • TUN Module (untested)
  • init.d script support - works!
  • DBDATA/DATADATA symlink (restores usage of the original directory, fixes common script problems like fix_permissions)
  • FOTA & PREINSTALL rework - "Extra storage support" (find /extstorage1 & /extstorage2 in root, free internal user storage for saving files)
  • Reworked init files
  • SU/root (2.3.6.3 efgh + Latest Superuser.apk) automatically installed
  • Busybox (1.19) automatically installed
  • fix_permissions (2.04) automatically installed
  • Custom error detection script written by me, which scans the phone on boot for missing directories or files that cause common force closes, and fixes them, this happens every boot! never lose!
  • Custom init.d script with options to control the automatic install of root/busybox/fix_permissions, change values to stop function, but even if you delete the entire file, it will be restored on boot! never lose!
  • SD read speed tweak built-it
  • Kernel performance tweaks built-in

--

Version 1.1b:

This version can and should be flashed over all other versions.

CHANGELOG
  • Minor update to some script files

http://www.mediafire.com/?gvmcw42grnh37x8

--

Version 1.1:

CHANGELOG
  • Fixed init.d script loading
  • Custom error detection script
  • Automatic root install
  • Automatic busybox install
  • Automatic fix_permissions install
  • SD card read speed tweak
  • Kernel performance tweaks
  • Custom error detection
  • Updated BusyBox to 1.19

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0g3d5exz254bjr

--

Version 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?20at8ml0ryda4jf

Last edited:

nemesis2all

Sep 14, 2010
Columbia, SC
Does wifi work with this? I was testing one that Nemesis made a couple days ago and turning on wifi causes a hot boot.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Should since that kernel is just providing ext4 support, not actually reformatting. A workaround for losing wifi after running ext4 formatter is to wipe data/factory reset. Thanks to killa for telling me about the work around.

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
Can this be used with stock ECO9?
Will it allow cwm recovery to stay accessible? (rooted of course)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Headcase8911

Dec 2, 2010
okay so I'm running the ec 09 radio however I am running a froyo rom, will this kernel work?

Headcase8911

Dec 2, 2010
okay so I'm running the ec 09 radio however I am running a froyo rom, will this kernel work?

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
Should since that kernel is just providing ext4 support, not actually reformatting. A workaround for losing wifi after running ext4 formatter is to wipe data/factory reset. Thanks to killa for telling me about the work around.

Just in case there might be some confusion, the wipe data/factory reset workaround has to be done immediately after flashing the formatter and before flashing the rom/kernel. Or at least that is how it always worked for me. Thanks for the mention nemesis.

Last edited:

thedoman

Apr 26, 2011
Ohio
I'll pose the question again. This can be used with stock ECO9?

jami2976

Apr 8, 2011
just curious if after installing this kernel has anyone had any issues downloading from the market? whenever i try to download an app if force closes then cycles my phone into safe mode..had to wipe cache/dalvik/data then reinstall the 4.1 rom with the orig kernel in order to fix the market...and I tested the kernel 3x and each time having to restore 4.1 wiping each time to get the market to download correctly am I doing something wrong?:confused::confused:

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
just curious if after installing this kernel has anyone had any issues downloading from the market? whenever i try to download an app if force closes then cycles my phone into safe mode..had to wipe cache/dalvik/data then reinstall the 4.1 rom with the orig kernel in order to fix the market...and I tested the kernel 3x and each time having to restore 4.1 wiping each time to get the market to download correctly am I doing something wrong?:confused::confused:

Yeah, you're not the only one, I had the same issue, guessing it's one of the issues being addressed by the upcoming bug fixes.

jami2976

Apr 8, 2011
Good deal glad I'm not the only one having this issue can't wait till its fixed, thanks to all the devs for all you do for us :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NAMELESS EC09 Kernel v1.1b Final

Credits: me, and nemesis2all (info, tools, etc) thanks!

--

This kernel is based off of the EC09 leaked kernel with a repacked initramfs. Basically what it does is take the stock kernel and repackage it with some things we want. Thought I would throw something out to play with today, this will probably see a few more versions after user testing. Flash in CWM recovery.

--

Features:
    • EXT4 Mounting Support
    • CIFS Module (untested)
    • TUN Module (untested)
    • init.d script support - works!
    • DBDATA/DATADATA symlink (restores usage of the original directory, fixes common script problems like fix_permissions)
    • FOTA & PREINSTALL rework - "Extra storage support" (find /extstorage1 & /extstorage2 in root, free internal user storage for saving files)
    • Reworked init files
    • SU/root (2.3.6.3 efgh + Latest Superuser.apk) automatically installed
    • Busybox (1.19) automatically installed
    • fix_permissions (2.04) automatically installed
    • Custom error detection script written by me, which scans the phone on boot for missing directories or files that cause common force closes, and fixes them, this happens every boot! never lose!
    • Custom init.d script with options to control the automatic install of root/busybox/fix_permissions, change values to stop function, but even if you delete the entire file, it will be restored on boot! never lose!
    • SD read speed tweak built-it
    • Kernel performance tweaks built-in

--

Version 1.1b:

This version can and should be flashed over all other versions.

CHANGELOG
    • Minor update to some script files

http://www.mediafire.com/?gvmcw42grnh37x8

--

Version 1.1:

CHANGELOG
    • Fixed init.d script loading
    • Custom error detection script
    • Automatic root install
    • Automatic busybox install
    • Automatic fix_permissions install
    • SD card read speed tweak
    • Kernel performance tweaks
    • Custom error detection
    • Updated BusyBox to 1.19

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0g3d5exz254bjr

--

Version 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/?20at8ml0ryda4jf

No this is a .35 gb kernel

There are.plenty of custom froyo kernels out there