Custom Rom and Dock Audio?

Search This thread

Wilarico

Mar 3, 2012
I have tried several versions CM9, CM10 and Paranoid ROMs but do not have dock audio working properly with any of them. I am specifically referring to the Samsung dash mount for the Galaxy Note. I am currently running CM10 from H0tW1r3 08.03.12 and when I go into settings/dock the option for routing the audio is greyed out. I am able to plug into the audio jack on the phone and it always works when I do that but would like to just plug into the dock and go and skip this setup if possible. Am I missing an APK?

Any help is appreciated, yes I searched and searched again. Thanks in advanced for your help!

rknight68

Apr 10, 2007
WARRENTON
Feeling your pain...but....

I have tried several versions CM9, CM10 and Paranoid ROMs but do not have dock audio working properly with any of them. I am specifically referring to the Samsung dash mount for the Galaxy Note. I am currently running CM10 from H0tW1r3 08.03.12 and when I go into settings/dock the option for routing the audio is greyed out. I am able to plug into the audio jack on the phone and it always works when I do that but would like to just plug into the dock and go and skip this setup if possible. Am I missing an APK?

Any help is appreciated, yes I searched and searched again. Thanks in advanced for your help!

I have the same dock and the same problem...my solution was to remove the headphone cord from the dock and plug it into the phone directly. Sorry, but that's the only way I've been able to enjoy custom ROMs and music from my phone in my car. BTW, same thing in my house on the Samsung dock

borgib

Jul 25, 2008
Tampa, FL

CM9 has options for this in the settings, but support needs to be added in the kernel. At this point we have to wait for a dev to make it happen.

Wilarico

Mar 3, 2012
Calling all DEVs!

CM9 has options for this in the settings, but support needs to be added in the kernel. At this point we have to wait for a dev to make it happen.

I'm ready to donate to this! If anyone is able to work on it let me know, I'm lazy and want to avoid plugging in the cable if that is feasible!

Thanks!

kaluoshi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2011
South Italy
hi! the solution for now is to flash custom rom based on stock firmware. i'm gonna make something like this for galaxy note next week, but if you flash a rom like that you still have touchwiz. i'll try to put the gs3 touchwiz version for cooler aspect :) note my name and visit my profile next week ;)
bye

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Wilarico

Wilarico

Mar 3, 2012
CM10 - Dock Audio Please

hi! the solution for now is to flash custom rom based on stock firmware. i'm gonna make something like this for galaxy note next week, but if you flash a rom like that you still have touchwiz. i'll try to put the gs3 touchwiz version for cooler aspect :) note my name and visit my profile next week ;)
bye

I'd like to stay on CM10 and get dock audio working... a man can dream can't he? I don't really want to go to a stock based rom since they are always so behind.

Muenchen04

Nov 25, 2005
I am also desperately looking for a solution with custom ROM and dock audio.

Currently I run Omega which is Sammy based. I'd rather use a custom ROM with AOSP and AOKP mix. Tried several but neither worked in the dock. Is there any chance to build one which includes USB audio?

simon.edlund

Dec 29, 2013
Any news on this issue

I am also desperately looking for a solution with custom ROM and dock audio.

Currently I run Omega which is Sammy based. I'd rather use a custom ROM with AOSP and AOKP mix. Tried several but neither worked in the dock. Is there any chance to build one which includes USB audio?

I'm using a samsung galaxy SII, I've tried the CM 10.2, but the dock audio does not work on that one. Any ROM that has this great feature? Unless I can find something real soon, I'll revert to stock, which i sad since samsung has dropped S2 support.

tuxilein

Dec 13, 2010
I know this is kind of old but i'm stuck here on the same issue. Seems like Samsung and other manufacturers(Motorola does so definitely) have USB audio solutions or the like built into their docking stations. If your Kernel/ROM does not recognize the chip used or does not have the appropriate routines, modules and drivers, you're out of luck.
I'm also having a Samsung P1000 and a docking station for it. It also does not work with anything else but stok or modded stock, even though the audio connection to the dock is purely analog and the HDMI out is plain&simple MHL.
I absolutely thick, this should be doable but i'm more of the hardware guy. If someone with interest to this matter requires some info on hardware like docks for Samsung Galaxy Note(v2 and upwards)/Galaxy Tab(any version)/Galaxy S(v2 and upwards) or for Motorola Atrix 4G i'm more than happy to tear these docks apart and dig deep for the info you need.

Tmos88

Sep 11, 2013
Hi!

Same problem here, with P1000 as a car tablet.
Dock audio works (only) on the newest HumberOS, but otherwise quite buggy rom. Youtube, HomeDJ, Spotify does´t work. Maps is laggy.... Not great for a car tablet.
AND Humber has stopped developing it.

But this meas, that it is doable, and I really hope, that someone would make this works. :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bye