Fastboot not recognizing phone after HBOOT downgrade

Search This thread

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi guys. I wanted 2 restore my HTC One firmware through RUU. I followed nkk71's guide to do so. So i downgraded the bootloader to 1.44 to flash the RUU. However, after the downgrade, my One isnt recognized by fastboot. Whenever i type any command, its Waiting for device........... I have installed HTC Sync and tried uninstalling also. No success.
But this laptop has both USB 3.0 ports and is on Win 8.1 Is the USB 3.0 port the problem??
But on HBOOT 1.54, the phone was easily recognized.'

Thanks sincerely for any help

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
You need the newer hboot with Windows 8.1.

An alternative is a Linux live CD.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi guys. I wanted 2 restore my HTC One firmware through RUU. I followed nkk71's guide to do so. So i downgraded the bootloader to 1.44 to flash the RUU. However, after the downgrade, my One isnt recognized by fastboot. Whenever i type any command, its Waiting for device........... I have installed HTC Sync and tried uninstalling also. No success.
But this laptop has both USB 3.0 ports and is on Win 8.1 Is the USB 3.0 port the problem??

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2610783&page=2

Reactions: raghav kapur

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

thanks a lot for your suggestion. Win7 did the trick. But I have another question. Wen im doing the push adb command for installing the guru bootloader reset zip, its not happening.

What I've done is:
1) Put the guru bootloader reset zip in fastboot folder
2) adb push xxxx.zip (Ive just dragged the zip file from fastboot folder to command prompt)
3) Then I get a whole huge bunch of letters

Is it possible 2 simply drag the zip file to my virtual sd card and then flash from CWM, the way its done for flashing a rom
Or could you please tell me what command to put to flash the guru bootloader reset from command prompt

Really sorry if im irritating you

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
thanks a lot for your suggestion. Win7 did the trick. But I have another question. Wen im doing the push adb command for installing the guru bootloader reset zip, its not happening.

What I've done is:
1) Put the guru bootloader reset zip in fastboot folder
2) adb push xxxx.zip (Ive just dragged the zip file from fastboot folder to command prompt)
3) Then I get a whole huge bunch of letters

Is it possible 2 simply drag the zip file to my virtual sd card and then flash from CWM, the way its done for flashing a rom
Or could you please tell me what command to put to flash the guru bootloader reset from command prompt

Really sorry if im irritating you

you should look at the guide in a little bit more detail (including post 7, which has "visuals" both of the command prompt and the screenshots, so you can see what kind of output you get.

the command is "adb push <name of file>.zip /data/media/" <- yes, you need to mention the destination

here's a little trick it seems many are missing: in the command prompt type:
Code:
C:\ADB3>adb push g
then press TAB, and looky here:
Code:
C:\ADB3>adb push Guru_Bootloader_Reset_1.0.zip
then you can continue and type "<space>/data/media/"

if there is more than one file that starts with "g" press TAB again (and again) until the correct file is displayed.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
you should look at the guide in a little bit more detail (including post 7, which has "visuals" both of the command prompt and the screenshots, so you can see what kind of output you get.

the command is "adb push <name of file>.zip /data/media/" <- yes, you need to mention the destination

Code:
Code:

if there is more than one file that starts with "g" press TAB again (and again) until the correct file is displayed.

i keep getting device not found error

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 57

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

Code:
Code:

can I just copy the bootloader reset zip to my internal storage through ES File Explorer and then flash using CWM ?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
are you in recovery or booted up rom (with USB debugging enabled?), anyway if you can see your phone with MTP in Windows, then fine just drag it onto the phone.

It initially wasn't working thru adb. So I just decided 2 boot the phone after that. The phone is booting fine. So this is what I plan to do :
1) Copy the boot loader zip to internal storage
2) Boot CWM
3) Flash the zip
4) Lock the Boot loader and remove tampered
5) Run RUU when the phone is in fastboot

Is this the correct procedure ?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
It initially wasn't working thru adb. So I just decided 2 boot the phone after that. The phone is booting fine. So this is what I plan to do :
2) Boot CWM
3) Flash the zip

yep, sounds good.

STAY S-OFF

Reactions: raghav kapur

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
REALLY THANKS A LOOT. I really don't know how to thank you enough. My phone is back to normal :D
One last question: HTC UAE has told me that the phone has to be S-ON to be repaired for free. So simply running that command provided in the guide will get it S-ON right ?

yes as mentioned in the guide, however you have to do this before updating to 3.xx because hboot 1.55 is patched for that (as mentioned in the guide)

so if you're just sending to repair, and think it's necessary go ahead with s-on. after that you can take OTA updates... then again why bother, i'm sure they'll update it in the repair center.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2610783&page=2
    2) Boot CWM
    3) Flash the zip

yep, sounds good.

STAY S-OFF