[Q] Reflashed stock, now stuck on 4.3

Search This thread

Ellipsis_

May 2, 2014
I used SHIELD RAM to reflash back to stock (was previously rooted on KitKat) which went fine but I can't convince the Shield to get any updates, it just says "Your system is up to date".

I tried doing a factory reset from Recovery Mode but still nothing. I wondered if something had gone wrong so I ran RAM again and did another full restore but am still having the same problem. Help? :(

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
I did reset erase all data in options and that appeared to fix the problem for me. What happened was the OTA update wouldn't download

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellipsis_

May 2, 2014
Thanks eikast, I've just tried that too but the problem remains. If I go to Settings -> About Shield -> System Updates -> Check Now it simply says "Your system is up to date" even though it's running 4.3 (build no JSS15J.01.00.14422.0068)

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Thanks eikast, I've just tried that too but the problem remains. If I go to Settings -> About Shield -> System Updates -> Check Now it simply says "Your system is up to date" even though it's running 4.3 (build no JSS15J.01.00.14422.0068)

What country are you in? If youre not in the united states it could be why. If you cant get it theres a couple methods to do it manually.

Ellipsis_

May 2, 2014
What country are you in? If youre not in the united states it could be why. If you cant get it theres a couple methods to do it manually.

I'm in the UK. I managed to get some help from Josh at Nvidia and he reset the OTA flag their end and the update popped up instantly. It seems Nvidia add devices which have had the update (or think have had it) to a 'group' which can then prevent those devices seeing it again.

Doodle210

Aug 28, 2013
I used SHIELD RAM to reflash back to stock (was previously rooted on KitKat) which went fine but I can't convince the Shield to get any updates, it just says "Your system is up to date".

I tried doing a factory reset from Recovery Mode but still nothing. I wondered if something had gone wrong so I ran RAM again and did another full restore but am still having the same problem. Help? :(

This has happened to me quite a few times... simply use it a few days, it will eventually tell you to update. Other than that, I've never gotten it to manually see the update.

kyuss1972

May 10, 2014
same problem for me...i live in Italy...i not received the update i still remain on 4.3...can someone help me???
thanks