[FIX] A2DP Bluetooth fix for CM10 Based Builds/Compiled ROMs

Search This thread

jagguli

Aug 26, 2011
Ok so now it's fixed partially in cm9 but I haven't checked in cm10. In cm9 I can Get call audio in headset but not on speaker.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

racky29

Nov 5, 2012
west midlands
This fix works for us using HTC Desire C CM10 Roms

all the cm10 roms for this device have have 48000
If we change it to 44100 everything works.
This is good thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depreciated -------- posted Sept-14-2012:
    A2DP fix for media: Currently CM10(CyanogenMod JB) based builds the Bluetooth device works just to stream audio to make calls but it doesn't work when streaming media(Pandora, PowerAmp Music player)

Looks like sample rate is missing in the at a2dp line in the "audio_policy.conf"(/etc) line "sampling_rates 48000" and the 44100 needs to added before the 48000 with this "|" symbol and it should look like this "sampling_rates 44100|48000".:good:

After changing the sampling rate reboot your device in order for it to take effect.

Edit file with root explorer text editor.
    Before:
    sampling_rates 48000
    After:
    sampling_rates 44100

The fix is for Hercules/Skyrocket CMX based builds:
    - CM10
    - CM10-ParanoidAndroid
    - AOKP JB

File is located at root of system you can use Root Browser or Solid Explorer and open as Text Editor to edit. Make a back up of the file just in case.

File location:
    /system/etc/audio_policy.conf

Solid Explorer:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer

Root Browser Lite:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

Edit Sept-17-2012 10:14pm:
    As of Sept17+ some builds have been implemented with the fix by the OPs, not sure if CyanogenMod has done it yet.

Edit Sept-19-2012 11:04pm: Fix has been implemented by CyanogenMod, it looks like the 48000 sampling rate is not required. I've tested it too and all audio works(with just 44100) except during calls and plays the audio on earpiece of the phone/device instead of streaming it to BT earphones. See Post by budjb.

××× Workaround ×××
    I notice that during a call if you turn OFF the Bluetooth earphone while connected to your device(phone) then turn ON the BT earphone it'll connect and also stream the phone call to BT earphone. :screwy:

I can confirm that bluetooth audio and calls work on the sept 13th build. By default, that build's audio_policy.conf has a2dp's sampling rate set to 48000, which does not work, however changing the rate to 44100 allows both audio streaming and calls to work. Having both rates (44100|48000) does not work, it has to be only 44100.

This exact same config that works on the 13th does not work on the 17th or 18th builds. On those builds, I can get audio streaming to work but not calls over bluetooth. On those builds, calls will only play through the phone's speaker with the sampling rate set only to 44100. When I add 48000, audio streaming still works, and calls no longer play out of the phone's speaker while bluetooth is connected, however, the stream to the bluetooth device is completely silent.

So looks like something broke between the 13th build and anything after. Hope this helps, and hope you can fix it!

---INFO---
    Code:
     [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_rate"]Info about sampling rates:[/URL]
    [B]44,100 Hz[/B] Audio CD, also most commonly used with MPEG-1 audio (VCD, SVCD, MP3). Originally chosen by Sony because it could be recorded on modified video equipment running at either 25 frames per second (PAL) or 30 frame/s (using an NTSC monochrome video recorder) and cover the 20*kHz bandwidth thought necessary to match professional analog recording equipment of the time. A PCM adaptor would fit digital audio samples into the analog video channel of, for example, PAL video tapes using 588 lines by 3 samples by 25 frames per second. Much pro audio gear uses (or is able to select) 44.1*kHz sampling, including mixers, EQs, compressors, reverb, crossovers, recording devices and CD-quality encrypted wireless microphones.

[B]48,000 Hz[/B] The standard audio sampling rate used by professional digital video equipment such as tape recorders, video servers, vision mixers and so on. This rate was chosen because it could deliver a 22*kHz frequency response and work with 29.97 frames per second NTSC video - as well as 25 frame/s, 30 frame/s and 24 frame/s systems. With 29.97 frame/s systems it is necessary to handle 1601.6 audio samples per frame delivering an integer number of audio samples only every fifth video frame.[6] Also used for sound with consumer video formats like DV, digital TV, DVD, and films. The professional Serial Digital Interface (SDI) and High-definition Serial Digital Interface (HD-SDI) used to connect broadcast television equipment together uses this audio sampling frequency. Much professional audio gear uses (or is able to select) 48*kHz sampling, including mixers, EQs, compressors, reverb, crossovers and recording devices such as DAT.

Sent from my ♛ SGH-T989 ♛ w/CM10-Hybrid PA v2.14(9-22-12) by: michinohatoresu using XDA app.
    Hi,

How do you access "audio_policy.conf" to modify it? Please let me know I am a newbie. Thanks.

Gave you a free thanks, i hit/selected the wrong selection .... lol

Is located at root of system you can use Root Browser or Solid Explorer and open as Text Editor to edit. Make a back up of the file just in case.

File location:
    /system/etc/audio_policy.conf

Solid Explorer:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer

Root Browser Lite:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree

Sent from my ♛ SGH-T989 ♛ w/CM10-Hybrid PA v2.14(9-22-12) by: michinohatoresu using XDA app.
    Will this work on AOKP JB?

Sent from AOKP JB Goodness :D

The fix is in the AOKP thread
    Will this work on AOKP JB?

Sent from AOKP JB Goodness :D

Yes, AOKP JB rom builds uses CyanogenMod's Github to compile AOKP ROMs.

Sent from my SGH-T989 w/CM10-Hybrid ParanoidAndroid v2.12(9-16-12) by: michinohatoresu using XDA app.
    Hi,

How do you access "audio_policy.conf" to modify it? Please let me know I am a newbie. Thanks.