[init.d SCRIPT] Turn OFF touch key light!!!

Search This thread

pyronia

Oct 11, 2011
Puchong
First of all thanks to ketut.kumajaya for finding this :)

This for kernel that support init.d only, if u on stock please flash CF-ROOT

Its just a simple script to turn off touch key light (the 2 touch key on left and right of your home button)

It save battery when the light is off-forever :p
It can be turn on again when u remove the script...

I'm not a dev, so i just share here the script without cwm zip, i try to make a flashable zip but i cant change the permission...it always goes rwx--r--r when i flash it...sorry

Here the script -> TOUCH KEY LIGHT OFF

Copy it to system/etc/init.d folder then set permission to rwxr-xr-r like below picture...
uploadfromtaptalk1328017715746.png
Then reboot!

Done! No more back light on the 2 button...like iphone :p (if u admire iphone)

Terminal emulator method:

Put the script to sdcard.
Run terminal then type;
--
su
push 98button-backlight /system/etc/init.d/
--

then..
--
su
chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/98button-backlight
--

Reboot!

Update: if u download the script via PC and it became notepad file with .txt extention, dont panic dude :D just put it in your sd then rename the script by remove the ".txt".

Original thread about the script can be found HERE

regards,
•ƒγяύs ργяσ™•

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2011
hmm.. this is just the stock rom.. as in from Samsung... so I dont think I have CF-Root. Thanks for the info. I'll check for CF-Root roms

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
There's alot of update.zip file around here, from CF-Root for an example. Use it as a reference! To disable a script, you can change script permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--) from 755 (rwxr-xr-x).

pyronia

Oct 11, 2011
Puchong
There's alot of update.zip file around here, from CF-Root for an example. Use it as a reference! To disable a script, you can change script permissions to 644 (rw-r--r--) from 755 (rwxr-xr-x).

Youre right! Change the permission to disable it, finally i got a script that really see it working...no more annoying light below screen :)

regards,
•ƒγяύs ργяσ™•

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but on cm7.1 with oc kernet it isn't working.

pyronia

Oct 11, 2011
Puchong

Maybe it crash on other script u have on init.d folder...

For me, i think a simple script with even 1 line on it is more dependable then 1 script with all the tweaks in it....

Why not u try do what i do, move all other script from init.d then try again...

regards,
•ƒγяύs ργяσ™•

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
Maybe i'm doing something wrong when i'm downloading the script. I'm clicking ppm at the link and choosing save as. It's "98button-backlight.txt". Should I only delete ".txt" and put script to init.d folder and change permissions and reboot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all thanks to ketut.kumajaya for finding this :)

This for kernel that support init.d only, if u on stock please flash CF-ROOT

Its just a simple script to turn off touch key light (the 2 touch key on left and right of your home button)

It save battery when the light is off-forever :p
    It can be turn on again when u remove the script...

I'm not a dev, so i just share here the script without cwm zip, i try to make a flashable zip but i cant change the permission...it always goes rwx--r--r when i flash it...sorry

Here the script -> TOUCH KEY LIGHT OFF

Copy it to system/etc/init.d folder then set permission to rwxr-xr-r like below picture...
    uploadfromtaptalk1328017715746.png
    Then reboot!

Done! No more back light on the 2 button...like iphone :p (if u admire iphone)

Terminal emulator method:

Put the script to sdcard.
    Run terminal then type;
    --
    su
    push 98button-backlight /system/etc/init.d/
    --

then..
    --
    su
    chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/98button-backlight
    --

Reboot!

Update: if u download the script via PC and it became notepad file with .txt extention, dont panic dude :D just put it in your sd then rename the script by remove the ".txt".

Original thread about the script can be found HERE

regards,
    •ƒγяύs ργяσ™•
    Is this script safe to use on the stock rom? I have DXKPB

Yes, but u do u have init.d support? I use stock rom also with cf-root kernel that support init.d folder..

regards,
    •ƒγяύs ργяσ™•
    hmm.. this is just the stock rom.. as in from Samsung... so I dont think I have CF-Root. Thanks for the info. I'll check for CF-Root roms

I update 1st post...u can find cf-root above...

regards,
    •ƒγяύs ργяσ™•
    Better alternative - download adjbrightness from market and turn off touch key-lights using that. All you need is a rooted ace.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
    Sorry but I am noob.. it shows me, #!/system/bin/sh
    # pyronia - just make it easy for u :)

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness
    chmod 444 /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/brightness

How do I make it a script???

Do u download it and it became notepad file with .txt extention? Put it on your phone then rename the file, remove .txt at the back...

regards,
    •ƒγяύs ργяσ™•