Official kitkat for N9005

Search This thread

mirek190

Dec 6, 2009
Generally, when you use a "Nand Erase All" than you need a PIT file to recover partitions on your device. I did it in the past with my old S3 and I had to find the correct PIT file before recovering the soft brick I caused...
If with note 3 is different I don't know... but ... why risk so much when a wipe data does the job??

Without the pit if you have checked nand erase the operation of installing a new rom will be terminated I tried on odin 3.09 and note 3.

luis1987

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry but it seems I can't help You. For me the Rom made that automatically at first configuration, XEO to TPH, after I had enter Portuguese.
Like I have all in my language like the keyboard for example, the same to csc.

Me too, I have all the languages for the samsung keyboard, the same of the CSC.
What is not clear to me is this thing. My glaxy note (N9005) is an european version. When I bought the version installed was the MJ7 and the CSC was ETL that is Czech Republic.
Then I flashed through odin the MK2 firmware from Poland (XEO) but the CSC changed not in XEO but in CYO. Then I flashed the 4.4.2 firmware from poland (XEO) and my CSC is still CYO. Every time I flashed through odin I did a factory/data reset and wipe cache. What is my mistake?

mirek190

Dec 6, 2009
Any one confirm me if I use pit file from leaked kitkat ,and try to flash official poland kitkat rom with repartition with erase nand enabled in odin , will it go well .. ? And also any idea about knox counter is it remain cool at 0x0 ?
FYI: My phone is BTU region

I did with pit and nand erase all and everything is ok.
About knox I don't know.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Hello mirek190

Where can I find the pit for 3 Notes?

What version of Odin you used?

This evening I would like to try

Thanks.

Pit is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48422982

I used odin 3.09.

frilli

Jul 9, 2010
I did with pit and nand erase all and everything is ok.
About knox I don't know.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Pit is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48422982

I used odin 3.09.

Thanks mirek190

Tests this evening and then I know !!!

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Thanks mirek190

Tests this evening and then I know !!!

Hello mirek190

Sorry but your 9005 is 16 or 32 GB?

Thanks

theresident

Aug 16, 2013
Kelsterbach
Gravity KK for xposed works with this firmware

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1389808712380.jpg
    1389808712380.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 578

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Me too, I have all the languages for the samsung keyboard, the same of the CSC.
What is not clear to me is this thing. My glaxy note (N9005) is an european version. When I bought the version installed was the MJ7 and the CSC was ETL that is Czech Republic.
Then I flashed through odin the MK2 firmware from Poland (XEO) but the CSC changed not in XEO but in CYO. Then I flashed the 4.4.2 firmware from poland (XEO) and my CSC is still CYO. Every time I flashed through odin I did a factory/data reset and wipe cache. What is my mistake?

Deleted. I'm sorry I was wrong.

Last edited:

bladehawk

Apr 15, 2013
If I'm rooted on a T-Mobile Note 3, in the US, (Knox not tripped) and using Wanam Xposed to report an "official" version of android, fully up to date. Will installing this trip Knox? Will SuperSU's rootkeeper maintain root? if not, is there a way to root Kit Kat without tripping the counter?

Last edited:

gadjet

Oct 3, 2004
Gloucestershire, UK
Strange

I reflashed the offiical XEO firmware 4.4.2 and after a factory data reset my language on first boot is always greek and my csc is CYO. I used odin 3.09 thicking also phone bootloader update. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi luis1987
Same odin as me, I just selected "N9005XXUENA6_N9005OXXENA5_N9005XXUENA2_HOME.tar.md5" in AP box of odin, diden't tick anything else other then defaults when I opened odin.
Did you get the new kitkat single file ROM from SamMobile?

Attachments

• kk.jpg
    kk.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 438

paultje162

Oct 16, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I Installed Custom recovery: n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.6-kitkat(0113)

Then I downloaded and copied Sweet ROM V7 NA6 4.4.2 KIT KAT on external SD.

I factory reset and cleared cache. Tried to clear Dalvik cache, but it nothing was happening.

I then selected install zip through the CWM, and installed SweetROM.

BUT I still have the phone stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Note Screen

I now have CWM recovery and download mode, but ROM not loading!

:crying::crying:

Update you're bootloader in odin while flashing 4.4.2

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JN9

rinuvimal

Mar 31, 2011
Thiruvananthapuram
[SOLUTION] Hong Kong 16GB N9005 who were stuck after 4.4.2 Official update.

This is for Hong Kong 16GB N9005 who were stuck on the 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' screen after getting a 'Invalid: ext4 image' or 'Repartioning failed' errors while installing 4.4.2 OFFICIAL (Single File ROM) via Odin.

Many Thanks to @Volrath for his/her post in another forum with this solution. I have tried and it worked. I've tried almost every other solution without avail. So, this is probably the only solution available at the time I'm writing this post.

Binary: Custom
Knox: 0x1

Method:

In Odin mode

1. Flash the latest cf-autoroot (Kitkat support) in PDA/AP slot. Get it here: [http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-...x-smn9005.zip]
2. Flash the latest CWM - 6.0.4.6 (the one that supports KitKat) in PDA/AP slot. Get it here: [http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00094/gb3...280113).tar]

Download Sweet Rom and place it in ExtSDcard (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2487425)

I tried external sd-card with various format and could not install the ROM. After format my SD Card to FAT32, the ROM can be installed.

On Device

1. Boot in to Recovery mode by Volume up + Home + Power
2. Wipe Factory reset / Dalvik Cache
3. Format /System (under "mount and storage" menu) [IMPORTANT STEP]
4. Install Rom from SD Card
5. Say your prayer. You'll need it. (The installation could take sometimes. If the device screen shows Samsung boot animation, you're half way there)

Thanks again @Volrath!

Last edited:
Reactions: pyarajaani and Kamy

newstar

Apr 28, 2009
At Last DONE with Re Partition and nand erase all :) and knox at 0x0
thanks all helpers

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XEO Region has 4.4.2, just read tweet from samsung update.:D
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
    Finally update to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM. This is Poland edition. ;) ;) ;)

Firmware: N9005XXUENA6
    Version: Android 4.4.2 - KitKat
    Product Code: XEO
    PDA: N9005XXUENA6
    CSC: N9005OXXENA5
    MODEM: N9005XXUENA2

Cauntion:
    • Phone Bootloader Update must tick at PC Odin3 v3.09, without updating the bootloader, the phone won't success boot to recovery for completing the flashing.
    • Not suitable to try out if you plan on virgin after root without tripping the KNOX as since MJ7 bootloader will trip the KNOX once root.
    • Seems no root for the moment as well, the root for leak S4 ROM not working as XDA member post, I haven't try that yet. (Edit: Root already available)
    Overall Impression:
    • Smooth! It is far better than Android 4.3, I am dirty flash. :D
    • It seems system occupied lesser RAM now, the availability now is 2.71GB :D
    • I love the new lockscreen. :D
    • New lockscreen music playback is cool also, just the cover art a bit blur due to big expand.
    • Finally Samsung remove the ugly Green color battery icon.

Some screenshot of Official Android 4.4.2 - Kitkat new features & look. ;)
    * Roboto Condense font is not include, Samsung still use it own one, mine is intact from previous setup. ;)

11924642284_c85fcff686_d.jpg
    11925045876_7f7b01bfac_d.jpg

11924445943_4ce38448e7_d.jpg
    11924177315_2c45a3d700_d.jpg

11925045096_37de99583a_d.jpg
    11925044836_2f60f8aca1_d.jpg

11924640894_ff6d14aa12_d.jpg
    11924444743_710d1679f6_d.jpg
    Simple step to install Official Poland 4.4.2 KitKat ROM:
    • Download Official Poland Single file KitKat 4.4.2 ROM.
    • Download and install Odin3 v3.09
    • Extract once the downloaded KitKat ROM.
    • Open Odin and load the firmware at AP.
    • Tick Phone Bootloader Update. See screenshot.
    • Click start and wait until it finish.

11926001444_55ee0f4dc3_b_d.jpg

Q&A:
    • What to do if I forgot tick Phone Bootloader Update and now stuck at accessing recovery screen - Take out the battery to turn of the phone, boot back to download mode and reflash the ROM and remember tick Phone Bootloader Update.
    • Is Full Wipe Required? - No and I never do that, if ain't break don't Wipe. Only wipe the phone if phone act abnormal. I did like this since I own 1st Android phone - Google Nexus One.
    • Is official Poland KitKat ROM auto wipe your phone? - No.
    • Is leak Kitkat ROM auto wipe your phone? - Yes.
    • Can I downgrade to 4.3 ROM for N9005 - No.
    • Can I install CM11 base on 4.4 KitKat for N9005 - No as CM11 still under older bootloader.
    • Is flashing different countries ROM via Odin trip the Knox - No.
    • Is rooting in KitKat trip the Knox - Yes due to new bootloader.
    • Is this Poland KitKat support Hong Kong N9005 - No, Hong Kong N9005 is not friendly with others country N9005, cannot cross flashing.
    • What to do if I accidentally flash it under Hong Kong N9005 and soft brick now - The only solution now is flashing custom recovery for KitKat (Knox trip due to custom recovery) and later flash SweetROM v7 KitKat custom ROM.
    • Can I remain Knox 0x0 with root for KitKat - Yes if you still under old bootloader (No if you already at KitKat or bootloader at MJ7 or newer) and follow step here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49501057&postcount=389 or visit here for more in details step, 1st page post 9 - https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3099271
    Here's a quick review:

-Everything seems much faster, unlocking, settings, apps and pretty much everything - yet to notice any stutter anywhere.
    -New lockscreen options, and music player on lockscreen etc.
    -Status bar white and defaults to pure black instead of dark grey when not transparent.
    -More RAM! 2.7GB RAM available now! :)
    -Camera seems to have less problems in low lite and less blur - could be placebo.
    -Pen Window supports more apps and is much much faster!
    -No ART. (probably because it's experimental so far)
    -Excellent battery life (only did 1 drain from 100% so not sure if it gets even better).
    -Interestingly not heating as much while offering better performance.
    -Security Policy and security framework/settings redone - now allows manual updating and has it's own menu.

Probably more I missed.