Can someone undertake adaptation of the script for us?

Search This thread

xpirt

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 19, 2013
If you can test it, I think he will support our phone officialy, @Patrics83 is a nice guy!

xpirt

M

Modding.MyMind

I have used this on my device. Made slight changes, works great :). I just haven't shared it here because I haven't asked for permission to do so, and out of respect I wouldnt want to trump the dudes work.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bataya

Apr 12, 2010
Belgrade
Public version work without problem, I use it after update to 4.2.2. Only bug is that it remove fm radio so you need to push it back to system after running rom cleaner.

Sent from my HTC One SV

Patrics83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
Hi!
Useful thing. Can someone adapt it to us?

One X version should work. What might be a problem is the "update-binary-installer" (device dependent)
If the update-binary-installer isn't compatible with your device, the updater-script will fail and show a blank install screen.

I have used this on my device. Made slight changes, works great :). I just haven't shared it here because I haven't asked for permission to do so, and out of respect I wouldnt want to trump the dudes work.

Slightly changes as in?

Please let me know.

And thanks for not sharing without permissions ;)

Public version work without problem, I use it after update to 4.2.2. Only bug is that it remove fm radio so you need to push it back to system after running rom cleaner.

Sent from my HTC One SV

And I'm sorry to say this but users like you is what keeping me away from supporting too many devices.

Helping lazy users all days isn't why I came here to XDA and developed ROM Cleaner.

Terms of Use

ROM Cleaner will remove apps and files
from your device.

If basic ROM Cleaner setup removed too much
apps and files after running, just download
"ROMCleaner_user.txt" or "NO-Sense_user.txt"
or "CM-AOSP_user.txt" from ROM Cleaner thread
@xda and make your personal edits.
More details can be found in second post...

ROM Cleaner is well tested by us and thousands
of users and should not make your phone unstable.
If you do get into trouble, make a post in the
adequate ROM Cleaner thread and we will help you.

Important!
When you flash this script you will heavily
modify the ROM! So before you report bugs or
non working apps (etc) in ROM Development threads,
think twice and please feel free to ask us first.

Requirements
- You can read this...
- Bloated HTC device

With other words, that's not a bug in ROM Cleaner.
You just didn't read about the ROMCleaner_user.txt.

How To Edit Your Personal User.txt

Steps you need to do:

--- Windows users, download Notepad++ and install it.
--- Download "ROMCleaner_user.txt" or "NO-Sense_user.txt" from the firstpost
--- Open the text file with Notepad++

In the text file you will find two columns with app names and a description in this guide we use AdobeReader.apk as an example.

To Remove a file with ROMCleaner

Code:
AdobeReader.apk         Adobe Reader PDF reader

In the case above "AdobeReader.apk" will be removed.

To keep a file with ROMCleaner If you decide to keep it, add a "#" at the beginning of the line:
Code:
[COLOR=Red]#[/COLOR]AdobeReader.apk         Adobe Reader PDF reader

Let's say we are done with the edits. To continue just complete next list:

--- Press the "X" in the upper right corner of the screen to save the changes.
--- Copy the file onto your sdcard. The file must be located in "/sdcard/ROMCleaner" folder.

Now ROM Cleaner script will always read that file!​

You need to comment out:

Code:
[COLOR="red"]#[/COLOR]FMRadioService.apk                                  FMRadioService 
[COLOR="red"]#[/COLOR]FM_Radio.apk                                        FM Radio App

M

Modding.MyMind

I don't understand. You are using non public version?

No. I took the one he shares on that thread. I went in the zip file and made minor adjustments for my 4.1.2 Rom. Then used it. I haven't shared it because even though I made some changes, it is ultimately his work so I haven't shared the one I made modifications to due to me not asking for his permissions to distribute it publicly on our forum. So I have held on to it as a personal resource.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Slightly changes as in?

Please let me know.

When I get the chance I will send it your way with a list. Been busy working, so free time has been short. Also, I have something else for you to consider in regards to the list of launchers to choose from. I will let you know more details.

bataya

Apr 12, 2010
Belgrade
One X version should work. What might be a problem is the "update-binary-installer" (device dependent)
If the update-binary-installer isn't compatible with your device, the updater-script will fail and show a blank install screen.

Slightly changes as in?

Please let me know.

And I'm sorry to say this but users like you is what keeping me away from supporting too many devices.

Helping lazy users all days isn't why I came here to XDA and developed ROM Cleaner.

Terms of Use

from your device.

Important!

Requirements
- You can read this...
- Bloated HTC device

You need to comment out:

Code:
[COLOR="red"]#[/COLOR]FMRadioService.apk                                  FMRadioService 
[COLOR="red"]#[/COLOR]FM_Radio.apk                                        FM Radio App

Did i complain about it or something? Did I spamming your topic or your inbox because it remove radio apk?

Someone ask does script work with one sv because it doesn't officially support it. I wrote that it work but you need to push radio back to system.

Don't see why you have problem with that.

Sent from my HTC One SV

Patrics83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg
Did i complain about it or something? Did I spamming your topic or your inbox because it remove radio apk?

Someone ask does script work with one sv because it doesn't officially support it. I wrote that it work but you need to push radio back to system.

Sent from my HTC One SV

LOL, read again what I wrote...

FM Radio is removed by default (is that a bug?)

If you still want fm radio then customize your ROMCleaner_user.txt

Sent from my HTC One

Reactions: MarckX

MarckX

Feb 13, 2009
HTC One X
HTC Desire HD
Well I stop reading from part where you wrote that I'm lazy user.

Sent from my HTC One SV

Well, you should know how frustrating it is developing, writing manuals and people not reading what they are flashing or how to use the freely provided software correctly. It takes lots of time dev-ing making it as user-friendly as possible. Most questions are answered in the manual, which you agreed to have read it while flashing.

Using ROMCleaner and edit it to your demands isn't really rocket science.
So don't stop reading manuals and replies, it will only lead to more frustration for us and to other users.

Having this said: I urge you leaving the discussion as it is, and PLEASE keep reading, as it shows some respect to Patrics83 and his team.

Let's go on with this thread. Cheers!

Result -? We must use the version from X or version will be made for our model?

Yep, that's the first step. Just use that version and provide us some more feedback, we will keep an eye in this thread and provide help if needed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!
    Useful thing. Can someone adapt it to us?

Slightly changes as in?

Please let me know.

Sent from my HTC One SV

Terms of Use

from your device.

Important!

Requirements
    - You can read this...
    - Bloated HTC device

How To Edit Your Personal User.txt

Steps you need to do:

--- Windows users, download Notepad++ and install it.
    --- Download "ROMCleaner_user.txt" or "NO-Sense_user.txt" from the firstpost
    --- Open the text file with Notepad++

In the text file you will find two columns with app names and a description in this guide we use AdobeReader.apk as an example.

To Remove a file with ROMCleaner

Code:
    AdobeReader.apk         Adobe Reader PDF reader

In the case above "AdobeReader.apk" will be removed.

To keep a file with ROMCleaner If you decide to keep it, add a "#" at the beginning of the line:
    Code:
    [COLOR=Red]#[/COLOR]AdobeReader.apk         Adobe Reader PDF reader

Let's say we are done with the edits. To continue just complete next list:

--- Press the "X" in the upper right corner of the screen to save the changes.
    --- Copy the file onto your sdcard. The file must be located in "/sdcard/ROMCleaner" folder.

Now ROM Cleaner script will always read that file!​

You need to comment out:

Code:
    Well I stop reading from part where you wrote that I'm lazy user.

Sent from my HTC One SV

Well, you should know how frustrating it is developing, writing manuals and people not reading what they are flashing or how to use the freely provided software correctly. It takes lots of time dev-ing making it as user-friendly as possible. Most questions are answered in the manual, which you agreed to have read it while flashing.

Using ROMCleaner and edit it to your demands isn't really rocket science.
    So don't stop reading manuals and replies, it will only lead to more frustration for us and to other users.

Having this said: I urge you leaving the discussion as it is, and PLEASE keep reading, as it shows some respect to Patrics83 and his team.

Let's go on with this thread. Cheers!

Yep, that's the first step. Just use that version and provide us some more feedback, we will keep an eye in this thread and provide help if needed.

Sent from my HTC One SV

LOL, read again what I wrote...

FM Radio is removed by default (is that a bug?)

If you still want fm radio then customize your ROMCleaner_user.txt

Sent from my HTC One

This device will not be officially supported, sorry.

Sent from my HTC One