[Q] Gear 2 Neo not working VZW Note 3

Search This thread

jdubya42

Jun 26, 2013
Greensboro
I am unable to connect my Neo with my Note 3. I tried this on stock firmware with the .apk from the s5 and the version from Samsung Apps (which is newer). I see that people have gotten it to work. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am currently running Clean ROM 1.7.

When using the S5 version of the app, it pairs, then downloads extra stuff, then indefinitely sits at the connecting screen. When I hit cancel and open the app again it says it is not compatible with my device. The one from Samsung Apps just doesn't open at all.

Last edited:

Aduarte

Nov 6, 2004
I am unable to connect my Neo with my Note 3. I tried this on stock firmware with the .apk from the s5 and the version from Samsung Apps (which is newer). I see that people have gotten it to work. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am currently running Clean ROM 1.7.

When using the S5 version of the app, it pairs, then downloads extra stuff, then indefinitely sits at the connecting screen. When I hit cancel and open the app again it says it is not compatible with my device. The one from Samsung Apps just doesn't open at all.

see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719514

Aduarte

Nov 6, 2004
What does this link have to do with the OP? It talks about S Health... not getting the Gear 2 Neo working with the N3 running CleanROM.

It has everything to do, the link is pointing to an app (fitness with gear) that is specifically designed for note 3 to run NEO. The intention is to see if with that app he is able to connect both. I am not pointing as a solution for sure but he can try, it doesn´t hurt.

Regards.

shoresteve626

Aug 20, 2010
Again... that has nothing to do with it. If he can't get the gear to connect to his Note 3 it doesn't matter which app he is trying to use... the connection to the phone is the problem. The gear doesn't connect directly to any "fitness or S Health" app. It connects to "Gear Manager"

To the OP.... delete your gear manager app and then go to the first page of the CleanROM 1.7 thread and click on the "removed" apps link. From there... download the gear manager zip file and flash it in recovery. When the phone reboots, open it up and it will prompt to update. Voila.... the connection will be made and all of the correct components will install. Scott, the dev of CleanROM, figured this out so all credit goes to him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app