[Q] GPS issues

Search This thread
Jun 17, 2014
Hey guys, ever since flashing a custom ROM onto my Verizon GS4, I've had issue with getting my phone's location. Given the location options on 4.4.3, the phone is able to get a rough location on the High Accuracy setting but can't do anything under Device Alone. As such, I'm pretty sure it's the GPS having issues. Others have had compass problems with the ROM I'm currently on, but everyone seems to be able to get a GPS lock when I can't. I've done a dirty flash, a clean flash, and even redownloaded the .zips from other locations in case the file was bad, but nothing has solved my problem. I use my phone's location settings for a variety of apps, so I'd really like to get it working again. Does anyone know of diagnostics I could perform? My hope is that it's just a software issue, and that I didn't do any permanent damage to the hardware. Thanks for the help!

(also, I'm posting here because I'm new to the forum and can't post in the developer threads yet)

rnh

May 14, 2008
Boston
Try faster fix in the play store. I've used it with several roms on several phones and it is very good

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hey guys, ever since flashing a custom ROM onto my Verizon GS4, I've had issue with getting my phone's location. Given the location options on 4.4.3, the phone is able to get a rough location on the High Accuracy setting but can't do anything under Device Alone. As such, I'm pretty sure it's the GPS having issues. Others have had compass problems with the ROM I'm currently on, but everyone seems to be able to get a GPS lock when I can't. I've done a dirty flash, a clean flash, and even redownloaded the .zips from other locations in case the file was bad, but nothing has solved my problem. I use my phone's location settings for a variety of apps, so I'd really like to get it working again. Does anyone know of diagnostics I could perform? My hope is that it's just a software issue, and that I didn't do any permanent damage to the hardware. Thanks for the help!

(also, I'm posting here because I'm new to the forum and can't post in the developer threads yet)

this is what I have done to get GPS working, I'm kitkat and echo v24 rom

1. I reflashed gigilies wifi fix in safestrap
2. installed gps status app from playstore
3. app found the satellites and now I have gps working

Reactions: joshm.1219
Jun 17, 2014

I looked up the fix you're talking about. Others seem to have had success through the gps status apps available on the playstore. Unfortunately, they didn't have any effect on my phone. I'm still stuck at searching for GPS on any app that uses it. Those who had success seem to have had it with a ROM that originally worked, but lost the ability to successfully connect. My issue seems to be in the ROM itself, or at least that's what makes sense to me. Thanks for the advice and trying to help.

rnh

May 14, 2008
Boston

Did you try the faster fix app yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.