Urgent help needed!!!!

Search This thread

Youngin

Jul 30, 2010
MY DAD HAS THE EVO AND HIS KNEE WENT OUT AND HE FELL INTO OUR JACUZZI AND I'VE TRIED THE RICE TRICK AND IT MADE SOME PROGRESS BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I TURN IT ON THE FLASH KEEPS GOING OFF.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

VSack

Nov 21, 2008
MY DAD HAS THE EVO AND HIS KNEE WENT OUT AND HE FELL INTO OUR JACUZZI AND I'VE TRIED THE RICE TRICK AND IT MADE SOME PROGRESS BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I TURN IT ON THE FLASH KEEPS GOING OFF.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE YOUR HERO200 ALSO HAS SOME SORT OF KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION.

In the meantime, sell your jacuzzi. Buy your father a knee brace for his condition and an Evo to replace the one he Adrian Peterson'ed into the jacuzzi that has no hope of ever recovering. Problem solved.

nukedukem

Jun 23, 2010
Wow, the way you worded that I thought there was something wrong with your dad, not his phone!

In all likelyhood, since you've already attempted to turn the phone back on, the phone is toast. For future reference if you electronic device falls into water immediately pull the battery and get the device into some dry rice. Leave it there for at least 3 days and do not be tempted to put the battery in and turn it on until then.

Youngin

Jul 30, 2010
Wow, the way you worded that I thought there was something wrong with your dad, not his phone!

In all likelyhood, since you've already attempted to turn the phone back on, the phone is toast. For future reference if you electronic device falls into water immediately pull the battery and get the device into some dry rice. Leave it there for at least 3 days and do not be tempted to put the battery in and turn it on until then.

he has a gash in his arm and it's in the rice right now I pulled the battery as soon as he got out the water and cut me some slack people im 14.

Youngin

Jul 30, 2010

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Sounds like that evos done for do you have insurance?
We do have insurance but sprint is probably going to find a way to screw us.
IT ALSO LOOKS LIKE YOUR HERO200 ALSO HAS SOME SORT OF KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION.

In the meantime, sell your jacuzzi. Buy your father a knee brace for his condition and an Evo to replace the one he Adrian Peterson'ed into the jacuzzi that has no hope of ever recovering. Problem solved.

I like the terms you used lol and my dad has a knee brace had to get surgery though.

Malefickus

Aug 30, 2008
If you have the insurance, you'll have to deal with the insurance company, not with Sprint directly. There will be a$100 deductible but that's far cheaper than buying a new EVO

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G

Youngin

Jul 30, 2010
Yea this happenedwith my hero but why is there a deductible when you're already paying for insurance?

dami00976

Dec 27, 2008
my friend life isnt fair and why you pay a deductible i ask that same question my self why am i paying for something that im already paying? but what ever its better then buying it full price and your in luck even if they send you the phone(only the phone) ill be new they dont have referbished yet ohh and they will send you what ever they have first black our white so good luck

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
duuuuuuuuuude hah your paying for the luxury of saving money on a replacement. I understand your dad may have leg problems but he fell in a smallish body of water...i hope he is alright but that's not sprints fault. So you deal with insurance claim with asurion or whatever and pay 100 instead of a few hundred.

Not to be rude, but, you are 14 so the fact that you don't understand the idea of insurance is of no surprise.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Youngin

Jul 30, 2010
duuuuuuuuuude hah your paying for the luxury of saving money on a replacement. I understand your dad may have leg problems but he fell in a smallish body of water...i hope he is alright but that's not sprints fault. So you deal with insurance claim with asurion or whatever and pay 100 instead of a few hundred.

Not to be rude, but, you are 14 so the fact that you don't understand the idea of insurance is of no surprise.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

No offense taken

sohr

Sep 22, 2007
because that's how insurance works... insurance is a gamble and you lost... but not as much as you would if you didn't have insurance

Insurance is a gamble, but in this case-- he actually won.

Losing is paying for insurance on your phone for 2 years, and trading it in without having had to file a claim.

The loser here is Asurion, who now has to shell out a few hundred dollars for a replacement phone for the meager $7 a month they've collected from his father for the past two months.

Youngin

Jul 30, 2010
Thanks u guys the phone is in rice as well as the battery (it also has the pink sticker) I will post once more on tomorrow to see if it works

UPDATE: Hey guys it's been 3 days and the phone works great! There are a few lines in the screen, but my dad already ordered a replacement :(. As for me I'm stuck with the Hero :((

Last edited: