MoZilla OS for Phone

Search This thread

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Mozilla OS has armv6/256mb ram as minimum hw requirements. The OS is targeted to cheap entry-level phones in the developing world, not multicore ultra expensive devices.

I will have free time and a new lappy in 2 weeks, count on me...

Btw, is a laptop with 8GB RAM and 2.2GHz dual-core good for building? I am buying it for gaming, it has a 2GB Video Card, but the 8GB RAM make it irresistible for development:)

Sent from my LG-P500

thatnextdoorboy

Jan 11, 2011
Bucharest
I will have free time and a new lappy in 2 weeks, count on me...

Btw, is a laptop with 8GB RAM and 2.2GHz dual-core good for building? I am buying it for gaming, it has a 2GB Video Card, but the 8GB RAM make it irresistible for development:)

Sent from my LG-P500

you need core power for building. ram you only need as much as the compiler requires to start. if you would have bought the computer to develop, you would have gained more with 4 gb ram and a quad-core

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
you need core power for building. ram you only need as much as the compiler requires to start. if you would have bought the computer to develop, you would have gained more with 4 gb ram and a quad-core

I know quad-core is best (except octo-core) for building... but how much would it take to build on that? I also have a 2.8GHz dual-core PC, but only 3gigs ram

Sent from my LG-P500

rotorto

Oct 29, 2010
But it isn't android;) or is it?
At least it has linux kernel?

Sent from my LG-P500
The underlying system uses many android components: linux kernel, android init, ueventd, bionic, mediaserver, wpa_supplicant, etc. But it replaces the dalvik vm with the gecko rendering engine and it runs html5 apps instead of dalvik-java apps.

ThaDFazz

Dec 4, 2011
Belgaum
If this goes to beta I'm definitely grabbing it.. looks different.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I came to know about MoZilla New OS B2G for Phone. I thought to share with you guys.

gaiaiuimoz23.jpg

Mozilla has build a new OS for mobile. It's open sourced and not Android. It's completely different from it. Till now it's in very early stage so not all the feature are working. Only few things floating good. For more details you can you can visit it office site. Click here to read more.

It's already been ported to Samsung Galaxy S II. You can have a look here.

If you really want o have it on Phone then you should follow this linkt

You can more details on XDA Portal.
    I will chime in from the sgs2 side. I have tested this for fun and it is VERY smooth and responsive. Needs a lot more work but as of now, for what it is, it is very good. Not a daily driver for sure but definitely something to watch for.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    With the time it will go smooth and everyting will work. Than one day it will be on our phone. Dev are work hard so i don't think we have to wait very long for it...
    Nice look.

Just what to expect from Mozilla.

Hope ROM fully works any time soon.

Can't wait to test it on our O1. :D
    Creator don't even like to make games for small armv6 devices and u expect a os !lol

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
    Mozilla OS has armv6/256mb ram as minimum hw requirements. The OS is targeted to cheap entry-level phones in the developing world, not multicore ultra expensive devices.