XPlay 2 Announcement??

Search This thread

Reapman

Oct 5, 2010
As epic as that would be... my money is on it being the launch of the "real" PS Suite on the Xperia Play :/

TheCraig

Sep 3, 2011
Helloooooooooooooo
I think its just PS Suite and some other games, I don't have plans to get a new device soon either so I kind of hope its not a Xperia Play S or whatever because I need to face the temptation lol...

Off course it would be great for a successor but for me its just the wrong time lol, and by the time I do want a new device it would probably be by Jan 2013.

ShahinTehShiz

Jun 16, 2011
London
I think its just PS Suite and some other games, I don't have plans to get a new device soon either so I kind of hope its not a Xperia Play S or whatever because I need to face the temptation lol...

Off course it would be great for a successor but for me its just the wrong time lol, and by the time I do want a new device it would probably be by Jan 2013.

I'm in the exact same boat, would much rather they improved it rather than get something completely new at a time like this.

TheCraig

Sep 3, 2011
Helloooooooooooooo
I'm in the exact same boat, would much rather they improved it rather than get something completely new at a time like this.

Agreed, I would rather pay £1,200 for a new iMac (I desperately need a new one, the computer I have now is about 2 years old) than dash out £600 - £700 for a device which will be out dated within a year or two (As in no more updates from Sony)

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
I will probably not jump on an Xplay2 upon initial release, whenever in life that my or may not come to be, Im to in love with mine the way it is now and I dont really need or care to get a new one, but I have an upgrade on my account that is waiting for one should I ever change my mind ;)

Reactions: CyberScopes

sashake

Apr 7, 2012
Just what if - Sony used the hardcore gamer group, as a test group to how such a phone would be accepted... I for myself love it and many do so too and with all the work we put in, they surely must have recognized that.

They saw that developers jumped on the wagon and optimized their games for the dpad (or at least made it available) 300+ games so far. If you bring a play2 out you can advertise with those + PS games maybe PSP games
They got all the Technologies to actually make a real good media/play phone with Bravia / Playstation / Walkman.

Tho I dont believe it will be with quad core or come out right now. It will probably be a Dual Core on 2ghz 1-2gig ram, some sony assigned graphics chip, 2 gb internal storage - so you have to buy the new special sony memory cards that will only fit in the phone.
Deliver it to Christmas and pay the review magazines properly this Time and cash in on the casual gamers.

(So basically the play was a succesfull testrun, sony now commits and makes resources available for a play2 )

// To be serious.

Also think it will be PS Suite

216Monster

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Just what if - Sony used the hardcore gamer group, as a test group to how such a phone would be accepted... I for myself love it and many do so too and with all the work we put in, they surely must have recognized that.

They saw that developers jumped on the wagon and optimized their games for the dpad (or at least made it available) 300+ games so far. If you bring a play2 out you can advertise with those + PS games maybe PSP games
They got all the Technologies to actually make a real good media/play phone with Bravia / Playstation / Walkman.

Tho I dont believe it will be with quad core or come out right now. It will probably be a Dual Core on 2ghz 1-2gig ram, some sony assigned graphics chip, 2 gb internal storage - so you have to buy the new special sony memory cards that will only fit in the phone.
Deliver it to Christmas and pay the review magazines properly this Time and cash in on the casual gamers.

(So basically the play was a succesfull testrun, sony now commits and makes resources available for a play2 )

// To be serious.

If they were smart they would make it quad core. HTC and Samsung already use quads and Motorola is working on it also. If the really make a play 2 I don't understand why it wouldn't be up to date on the physical end, dual cores are nice but a huge selling point would be pure power.

Edit : plus the vita isn't that old . An Xperia play 2 would probably hurt vita sales even if the xp2 came out for Christmas time. They have slightly different markets, sure, ones a phone and ones not but.. just my 2c

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Last edited:

Geeve

Jul 10, 2011

// To be serious.

Nice post, same thoughts also.

PS: Sony Xperia Vita XD

Trygon

Jan 7, 2010
Bremerton
Agreed, I would rather pay £1,200 for a new iMac (I desperately need a new one, the computer I have now is about 2 years old) than dash out £600 - £700 for a device which will be out dated within a year or two (As in no more updates from Sony)

You'd rather replace a two year old device then buy a device that will be outdated in two years?

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Reactions: Inferno986return

Top Liked Posts