[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Search This thread

BoostedB18C

Sep 19, 2012
San Jose
Says the guy with 10 thanks in 6+ years, everything you need is there if you look

Thanks doesn't really mean anything. You can help a million people or develop an awesome rom and get thanks. But you can also just be an a hole to everyone and some people will give you thanks just for the hell of it.

But you are correct, if he would search for it for more than 10 seconds he wouldn't be asking for someone to do the work for him. I'm estimating 90% of all question are already answered and can be found by a few simple searches

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
So update to this: using the sprint build prop will let you use wallet without any issues. It will also let you still use snote, which the galaxy nexus build prop breaks. The xposed wallet module also does not seem to work.

But I've found you will prevent your phone from connecting to your network if you are on att or t-mobile. This can be shown by tweaking your build prop, rebooting, and going into settings -> mobile networks. You will get "mobile data has stopped unexpectedly" and you will not be able to connect to the network at all.

Now, if anyone knows how to fix this, this would make using wallet really easy for anyone.

Note<3

dillman

Sep 14, 2008
Im on AT&T and have no trouble connecting to my network.
Im using xposed with both modules active, and using modified build.prop, modified to Sprint.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

dillman

Sep 14, 2008
GW locked me out, 2 days ago, and again this morning. Both times it reset, and re-setup without any additional steps, but it is very annoying. It presents the PIN entry screen as usual, but will not accept the correct PIN.

I wish they could fix it so it would never lock, as an option. I know the risk, but my phone never leaves my side.. :)

Anyone else that has a working GW experienced this at all?
Anyone know of a fix?

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
The thanks meter means absolutely nothing, almost the same as the titles under people's names.

I tend to disagree. I don't take it as the end all means of telling who helps and contributes, but it does show someone thought enough to thank the person for something.

Point is the guy says "The whole point of XDA is to assist, not to withhold." but if you look at his previous posts all he does is ask for things? Have yet to see where he "assists".

edit: and you have "thank me if i helped you" in your sig...for what purpose then if you don't believe in the thanks meter?

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
I tend to disagree. I don't take it as the end all means of telling who helps and contributes, but it does show someone thought enough to thank the person for something.

Point is the guy says "The whole point of XDA is to assist, not to withhold." but if you look at his previous posts all he does is ask for things? Have yet to see where he "assists".

edit: and you have "thank me if i helped you" in your sig...for what purpose then if you don't believe in the thanks meter?

I didn't actually see his text, and would have to agree with you more now after seeing his ignorance of what this site is based upon. So I apologize on that account. The reason I have that in my sig is for people that actually find it of importance, i got tired of people not respecting what I said on this site due to a low thanks meter. What I was trying to get at in my response but obviously didn't expand enough on what I was saying, is that people shouldn't look at the thanks meter or the fact that someone is a recognized developer and think they are all high and mighty and know every little thing.I know plenty of people that are more informative and better at developing than some RD's on here due to the low requirements back in the day to become a RD.

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
I didn't actually see his text, and would have to agree with you more now after seeing his ignorance of what this site is based upon. So I apologize on that account. The reason I have that in my sig is for people that actually find it of importance, i got tired of people not respecting what I said on this site due to a low thanks meter. What I was trying to get at in my response but obviously didn't expand enough on what I was saying, is that people shouldn't look at the thanks meter or the fact that someone is a recognized developer and think they are all high and mighty and know every little thing.I know plenty of people that are more informative and better at developing than some RD's on here due to the low requirements back in the day to become a RD.

Gotcha...I understand. Some devs open a rom thread with posts reserved and never used strictly because people will thank every single one of them

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Gotcha...I understand. Some devs open a rom thread with posts reserved and never used strictly because people will thank every single one of them

I'm not taking any sides, I didn't read all of the bickering posts, but for the love of god, please everyone keep your arguing out of this thread.

On topic: For those who have a working sprint build prop, which lines did you edit? Anyone have any luck with the xposed wallet apk? I couldn't get it to set up using xposed.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: gregsarg

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
I'm not taking any sides, I didn't read all of the bickering posts, but for the love of god, please everyone keep your arguing out of this thread.

On topic: For those who have a working sprint build prop, which lines did you edit? Anyone have any luck with the xposed wallet apk? I couldn't get it to set up using xposed.

This.....^^^^^^.....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.

Here this is what I did, and got it to work perfect. And the funny thing is it acted up today on me! Had to reset GW after reset, it set right back up with no problems... Hopefully this will help those that are having issues..:confused::D:D

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42992826&postcount=2037

Reactions: gregsarg

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Here this is what I did, and got it to work perfect. And the funny thing is it acted up today on me! Had to reset GW after reset, it set right back up with no problems... Hopefully this will help those that are having issues..:confused::D:D

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42992826&postcount=2037

I'll give this a go tomorrow, since I've got the day off. Looks like I did the same thing as you except had wifi and such on and changed my build prop to the sprint note 2 after getting everything set up, which lets you update wallet and still use s note. Seemed to work for a while, but eventually my data stopped connecting until I reflashed (and therefore erased the changes made to my build prop). The reflash broke wallet (it told me my device/network was not yet supported).

I believe the trick to this may be to set everything up by flashing skynote's step 1, then installing the xposed wallet patch, then changing your buildprop back to ATT (or whatever carrier you're on). But like I said, will try tomorrow and report back!

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I'll give this a go tomorrow, since I've got the day off. Looks like I did the same thing as you except had wifi and such on and changed my build prop to the sprint note 2 after getting everything set up, which lets you update wallet and still use s note. Seemed to work for a while, but eventually my data stopped connecting until I reflashed (and therefore erased the changes made to my build prop). The reflash broke wallet (it told me my device/network was not yet supported).

I believe the trick to this may be to set everything up by flashing skynote's step 1, then installing the xposed wallet patch, then changing your buildprop back to ATT (or whatever carrier you're on). But like I said, will try tomorrow and report back!

Ok. Yeah let me know:thumbup:.
Because if it works for you I might just write up a new wallet thread with exactly what I did.
And a few other things that people have problems doing!! :D:D:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Birdsfan

Jun 3, 2010
Doylestown, PA
Ok. Yeah let me know:thumbup:.
Because if it works for you I might just write up a new wallet thread with exactly what I did.
And a few other things that people have problems doing!! :D:D:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Are you running a TW based ROM and were you previously getting "Device set up failed" Check you connection" or something like that?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Are you running a TW based ROM and were you previously getting "Device set up failed" Check you connection" or something like that?

Yes I am on TW Rom SKY NOTE. And yes was getting device set-up failed! :banghead: Until I tried the GW apk I had from b4. I also have it set up on a TMO GN2. And just yesterday, it wouldn't let me put my pin in. I reset it on the TMO GN2, then set it back up no PROBLEM!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

dillman

Sep 14, 2008
I've heard people refer to the secure element in different ways that I think are somewhat incorrect. Like you can break it or wipe it.
Trust me..it comes and goes. I dont know what factors cause this but sometimes when I reset GW, the secure element is "not present", and others its ok and days version "2.0".
Lately, its been locking me out, more and more, and I have to reset. Its really getting old, and its wearing me down. Im getting tired of it. :(

Ive gotten it all setup, working, even made a purchase...and the next time I try..locked out..it wont take my pin. Forced to reset again..setup again..

Also, I know it doesnt require a carrier, because I have it setup on a US Cellular GN2 that has NO SERVICE, and never has. I just fired it up. GW still working, but it first showed "you have not selected a card". I refreshed it a couple times and the card appeared.

Just a few observationd I thought I'd share.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
    ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO
    Was holding off, but now must root! Damn you,XDA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Root it. Its not "your" phone unless you root it.
    Are you ****ting me?!?
    Its hardly witholding when the information is there for all to see.
    You would rather I RETYPE a detailed, step by step post, that I posted to try to help others, so YOU dont have to exert your clicky finger and go BACK 2 PAGES..
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but go $#@& yourself. If you had even tried to look, you would've quickly discovered the posts, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Im sorry to everyone else who had to read this.

What the step 1 instructions feel like...

how-to-draw-an-owl.png