[Q] I was about to install but a ROM but I saved the file already unzipped

Search This thread

juantobia

Jan 15, 2014
Ok so I rooted my phone succesfully, and hours later i followed to try to install cyanogenmod 10.2 which is the latest available for the samsung GT-I9300. I tried this with cyanogenmod app, but since it was not working, i followed to download the rom by myself and install it manually. Since it is the first time i did this i was following a video tutorial step by step, but i made a huge mistake, the cm 10.2 should have been a .zip file, but i missed that, and i instead unzipped it before saving to my sd card, so i followed every step, and when there should have been a zip file, there was nothing. I came up with the stupid idea that if i selected reboot normally itll just work, but of course, it got bricked. so, how can i go back to ANY rom? is it possible? (i do not care which rom i just want my phone back)

Note: I did not back up my stock rom or any rom at all. and my computer does not detects the phone
Please help me.

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Ok so I rooted my phone succesfully, and hours later i followed to try to install cyanogenmod 10.2 which is the latest available for the samsung GT-I9300. I tried this with cyanogenmod app, but since it was not working, i followed to download the rom by myself and install it manually. Since it is the first time i did this i was following a video tutorial step by step, but i made a huge mistake, the cm 10.2 should have been a .zip file, but i missed that, and i instead unzipped it before saving to my sd card, so i followed every step, and when there should have been a zip file, there was nothing. I came up with the stupid idea that if i selected reboot normally itll just work, but of course, it got bricked. so, how can i go back to ANY rom? is it possible? (i do not care which rom i just want my phone back)

Note: I did not back up my stock rom or any rom at all. and my computer does not detects the phone
Please help me.

OK, so can you go to recovery mode(press vol up+power+home button simultaneously..)??
If yes then download any ROM and remove your SD card and place that in it by SD card reader or another phone maybe... then go to recovery mode and flash that file without unzipping... If u can't do that then see if you could go to download mode (vol down+ power+home nu button) and download a firmware suitable for your phone(do check your mobile variant cause there are different firmwares for different variants)from sammobile.com.. install the proper drivers on your PC and then attach your phone via USB cable while it is in download mode... Install Odin..search for it (Google)... and you can see a video of that if you don't understand anything about how to flash a firmware by Odin... this should revive your phone...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app