[Q] how do i use the provider unlock code

Search This thread

skyline66

Jan 26, 2014
i got four unlock codes for my s III. how do i use the provider unlock code??? will it unlock the phone permanently??

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Power off the phone, put in a sim from another carrier, enter your unlock code when prompted to do so.

Where did you get the unlock codes? Normally, only one code can sim unlock the phone.

skyline66

Jan 26, 2014
Power off the phone, put in a sim from another carrier, enter your unlock code when prompted to do so.

Where did you get the unlock codes? Normally, only one code can sim unlock the phone.

i got the codes from unlock.my i used the network unlock code to use a different sim card but there is supposed to be a way to permanently unlock so that i can just put any sim in it and not need to do a network unlock everytime. the codes they gave me are:network unlock, provider unlock, sub provider unlock, and defreeze

Last edited:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
i got the codes from unlock.my i used the network unlock code to use a different sim card but there is supposed to be a way to permanently unlock so that i can just put any sim in it and not need to do a network unlock everytime. the codes they gave me are:network unlock, provider unlock, sub provider unlock, and defreeze

Once the phone is unlocked using the network unlock code, it will be permanently unlocked. The other codes aren't necessary unless you hard lock your sim and phone.