[Q] exif not showing correctly

Search This thread

erniechan

Jan 2, 2012
hong kong
When I move the pictures from internal storage to SD card, the exif info(time,location,exposure…) not showing correctly.

I have checked the exif files using a exif viewer and the informations are correct.

Did I do anything wrong? How can I fix it? Thx

Info in gallery↓
denyrenu.jpg

Exif viewer↓
u7edysad.jpg

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
When I move the pictures from internal storage to SD card, the exif info(time,location,exposure…) not showing correctly.

I could not replicate your problem. My photo EXIF data remains intact after moving a photo from internal storage to the SD card.

This could be caused by an endless number of variables. And since you provided no details about your configuration, we have no way to do anything more than wildly speculate.

You should have posted extensive details about your system and what steps are necessary to replicate the problem. e.g. phone model, firmware version, character set, EXIF viewer name and version, how you moved the file, SD card FS, links to copies of the image before and after you moved it, et cetera.

Try changing each variable and watch for a pattern of which items or steps cause the problem to narrow it down. Could be a bug, a program reformatting your photo, a character set incompatability or many other things. Happy hunting.

Reactions: erniechan

hannamarcelo

Aug 8, 2014
I have the same problem

Whenever I transfer files from my internal sotorage to my sd card, the exifs are different. The files will show a different date and time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I could not replicate your problem. My photo EXIF data remains intact after moving a photo from internal storage to the SD card.

This could be caused by an endless number of variables. And since you provided no details about your configuration, we have no way to do anything more than wildly speculate.

You should have posted extensive details about your system and what steps are necessary to replicate the problem. e.g. phone model, firmware version, character set, EXIF viewer name and version, how you moved the file, SD card FS, links to copies of the image before and after you moved it, et cetera.

Try changing each variable and watch for a pattern of which items or steps cause the problem to narrow it down. Could be a bug, a program reformatting your photo, a character set incompatability or many other things. Happy hunting.