TWRP 2.7.1.0 fails to flash xt907 roms

Search This thread

slooksterpsv

Mar 19, 2009
I'm using TWRP 2.7.1.0 on a Droid Razr M Kitkat. Whenever I try to flash an xt907 rom it gives me the error:

This package is for xt925,xt926, ..... and on, and doesn't flash. Here's how I've done the process:

Revert to stock KitKat with the VZW and RSD Lite tool
Install towel root and root my phone
Install motopacalypse and unlocked my phone (it's already unlocked so I've ran that once just to unlock it)
Reboot into fastboot and flash TWRP for Razr M
Then reboot to recovery and try to flash an xt907 rom

I've tried B62-Comotion, I've tried an AOKP PURE rom and various others, but it gives me that same error everytime.

Any help on what to do?

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
I believe the Roms your trying to flash has asserts in the updater-script and is built for the xt925/926 where are you getting the Roms from? Are you sure that they are compatible with the M xt907…? As the asserts in the updater-script are to prevent people from flashing the ROM on a device its not meant for so you won't brick your device...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Pedreo1997

Jan 16, 2013
Caracas
[Q] What I'm doing wrong??

Following my previous question and remembering the great performance of MIUIandroid V4 for GT-i5500, I want to install MIUIv5 4.2.7 ROM for our Smartphone... Because I'm coming from Samsung GT-i5500 and the only thing we need to use is ODIN, I'm searching how to flash ANY rom on our device and I didn't find any information/tutorial/guide/how-to; only the CM guide, what is very awful.

I've finally reached to unlock the bootloader and I verified what I have "UNLOCKED Code 3" FastBoot. I'm in the point where I need to install an recovery.

After almost 30 minutes searching, I found the tool "Flashify". I've the CWM-Based Recovery img on my device and I want to install it (I really don't understand the instructions what CyanogenMod gave me).

Flash > Recovery image > Choose a file > recovery.clo...-xt907.img (I'm reading from the device).

It ask me if I want to flash the recovery. Answer: Yup!

After reboot: The image "Warning Bootloader Unlocked", and... ... ... ... nothing. Just nothing. It lasts A LOT for come out of this screen (that only happened when I installed the Recovery), reboots without any order, shows again that ugly screen and turns on the OS. When I turn off and hold Vol Down + Power buttons, NOTHING.

Can I know what I'm doing wrong??

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
What's your system version...? Sounds like you flashed the incorrect recovery

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Pedreo1997

Jan 16, 2013
Caracas
What's your system version...? Sounds like you flashed the incorrect recovery

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

If you're talking with me:

10616624_10204315102816059_7047221272254189420_n.jpg

I hope this helps. Also, I'm downloading the Recovery what is at the page of rommanager. Flashify didn't found ANY recovery for my smartphone :(

The name of the recovery (I think) explains for itself:
recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-xt907.img

EDIT:
A think what happened recently: When I'm in the OS, the device didn't recognize the commands. meanwhile it says "attatched", when I send any command it says <waiting for device>.

When I reload the fastboot via Power Menu, it recognizes ALL the commands. How I know? I changed the ugly Unlocked BootLoader image with the original M in a red circle :)

Last edited:

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013

I hope this helps. Also, I'm downloading the Recovery what is at the page of rommanager. Flashify didn't found ANY recovery for my smartphone :(

EDIT:
A think what happened recently: When I'm in the OS, the device didn't recognize the commands. meanwhile it says "attatched", when I send any command it says <waiting for device>.

When I reload the fastboot via Power Menu, it recognizes ALL the commands. How I know? I changed the ugly Unlocked BootLoader image with the original M in a red circle :)

OK... I can't see that image bit the name looks right here are the recoveries... And here are some boot logos..

Reactions: Pedreo1997

Pedreo1997

Jan 16, 2013
Caracas
OK... I can't see that image bit the name looks right here are the recoveries... And here are some boot logos..

I'm curious about why you can't see the image. I was hoping, instead, what you were going to confront me about the fact what it's in spanish (I know it's obvious what I'm not from an English-talking country)... If you want, here is the text what is in the image:

System Version: 183.46.10.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Model number: DROID RAZR M

Android version: 4.4.2

Baseband version: SM_BP_101031.042.32.86P

Kernel Version:
3.4.42-g5170b6b
dbbuild@ca88lnxdroid25 #1
Fri May 2 00:30:06 PDT 2014

Comp. number: KDA20.62-10.1

Comp. Date: Fri May 2 00:20:25 PDT 2014

And about the boot logo, it was only an extra I was telling: The fastboot is working because I reached to edit the ugly Warning Image, that's it ;)

For end: Are you telling what for our device the recovery what is in the official page of CyanogenMod isn't the right one? However, I'm going to try with the first link. Thanks :)

Last edited:

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
@pedreo... That's what I was checking for... I don't use CWM but the one for the M on 4.4.2 is CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img which is in the link previously post... I hear a lot of people have issues with CWM... TWRP seems to work best.... Its just best to pull it from the posted link to ensure you have the proper version... RikRong knows more about it(well pretty much everything android) then me ..

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
I'm curious about why you can't see the image. I was hoping, instead, what you were going to confront me about the fact what it's in spanish (I know it's obvious what I'm not from an English-talking country)... If you want, here is the text what is in the image:

And about the boot logo, it was only an extra I was telling: The fastboot is working because I reached to edit the ugly Warning Image, that's it ;)

For end: Are you telling what for our device the recovery what is in the official page of CyanogenMod isn't the right one? However, I'm going to try with the first link. Thanks :)
Yeah, neither CWM or TWRP are official for this phone, so they won't show up on the team's websites. The link that EzKnives posted has the recoveries you want.

Sent from your Mom's M8

Saerayne

Feb 14, 2012
Philz Recovery

If you are intent on using a CWM type of recovery for our Razr M, the current version of philz recovery is working on our devices, thanks to the unified moto_msm8960.

Here is the link:

https: //goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/moto_msm8960/

Being that I haven't posted before on the site, (been lurking for years), I am not able to post the link as clickable, so copy and paste and remove spaces. Please keep in mind that this will only work on the KK Bootloader, but in my tests, it works just fine. I do prefer the TWRP 2.7.1.0 overall, but philz is not bad.

Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT: