[Q] Emulator Optimizations

Search This thread

NintendoSpy

Apr 2, 2011
I just got an OEM MHL to HDMI adapter and eagerly began to play GBC games on my plasma. Problem is that I get a lot more audio lag when I am playing on the big screen so I was wondering of there is anything I can do to make the emulators run a bit faster. Also is there a way to make the emulator hide the soft keys (trying to avoid burn-in)?

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Nexus running Android Revolution 2.1.2 using xda premium

Last edited:

Hydera5

May 4, 2011
i believe the latest versions of the "oids" (gameboid, n64oid) will hide them automatically after a minute or two without touching the screen. I bought an adapter as well but mine was junk and was not working. can you send me a link with the adapter?

hope this helped!

NintendoSpy

Apr 2, 2011
i believe the latest versions of the "oids" (gameboid, n64oid) will hide them automatically after a minute or two without touching the screen. I bought an adapter as well but mine was junk and was not working. can you send me a link with the adapter?

hope this helped!

My version of GBCoid does not, nor my version of Gensoid. I am getting them from the SlideME marketplace so I am not sure if there is somewhere else I should be going.

As for the MHL to HDMI adapter, I picked up the OEM one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LGUDKK/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Its working nicely so far. Sometimes the AV hiccups and then rehooks up again in a second so I don't really mind. Ive played through an entire game of Toejam & Earl without any major problems so I would recommend it. It says it is for the SGS2 but I can confirm it works fine with the Nexus.

Playing a genesis ROM on my big plasma with bluetooth on really drains the battery (even if it is charging!) So one thing to have in mind. 4 hours took it down to 40%