Cant change they keyboard to Swype.

Search This thread

UnLucky12

Oct 29, 2011
Oslo
Hi. I am trying to change my keyboard to Swype,but it wont let me. When I choose either Swype or Swiftkey, it jumps to the one over it. That means "engelsk USA"
I am on stock, Franco kernel 36 and dalvik.

Have tried re installing, restart device, delete the standard keyboard, but then the keyboard wont show.

What is wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395484807500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395484807500.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 394
  • uploadfromtaptalk1395484822430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395484822430.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 330

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014
Hi. I am trying to change my keyboard to Swype,but it wont let me. When I choose either Swype or Swiftkey, it jumps to the one over it. That means "engelsk USA"
I am on stock, Franco kernel 36 and dalvik.

Have tried re installing, restart device, delete the standard keyboard, but then the keyboard wont show.

What is wrong?

Only one keyboard layout should be checked at a time with it's corresponding keyboard!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I have thought about that also. But that don't work. Then no keyboard are showing up when I am going to write a message or type something.

Are you running ART or Dalvik runtime? Just installed Swiftkey and all went fine on Dalvik, it is now my default keyboard. Must be something on your end, followed the correct installation procedure?

-Edit- just installed Swype (paid version which i allready had) too and installation and setting as default keyboard ok. Did you get Swype from Play or somewhere else?

Last edited:

UnLucky12

Oct 29, 2011
Oslo
Are you running ART or Dalvik runtime? Just installed Swiftkey and all went fine on Dalvik, it is now my default keyboard. Must be something on your end, followed the correct installation procedure?

-Edit- just installed Swype (paid version which i allready had) too and installation and setting as default keyboard ok. Did you get Swype from Play or somewhere else?

I can't get past "Choose swiftkey" step on the installation..

Maybe it is something from my end... I am running dalvik. Since ART are not compatible with xposed framework yet. I did get Swype (paid version) from Google play.

Well, seems I need to try to reflash stock rom or something. See if that works..
Doing it in a minute, and will update. Just strange.. :(

UnLucky12

Oct 29, 2011
Oslo
Did reflash stock. Works now. Don't know how or what was wrong but.