Is there a project management app on Android?

Search This thread

Cleargrey

Mar 30, 2010
London
I'm unfortunately going to have to post this in a few places because I don't know where it's going to get the most exposure, but I'll start here because I have a Desire.

I need an app to manage the various projects that I have going on. In some ways, you can think of it as a todo application which has subtasks, projects/groups, action lists, sorting via time till due/time taken/project/importance etc.

If you have the time, check out this site where there guy goes through a number of options and criteria for a good GTD (getting things done) application.

I've tested:
OpenLoops
Astrid
Goals Todo

For starters, Astrid cannot sort by tag/project and non have sub-tasks.

I'm really hoping there is a project management app out there and someone can help me.

Cleargrey

Mar 30, 2010
London
Is this purely an offline GTasks? (I couldn't really see much in the way of features.) If it is, GTasks is quite a basic todo manager, let alone project manager.

daveob

Feb 17, 2010
Projects feature for Astrid is currently in development. Don't expect it all that soon though.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Desire

dirran

Jan 18, 2009
ActionComplete?

I'm unfortunately going to have to post this in a few places because I don't know where it's going to get the most exposure, but I'll start here because I have a Desire.

I need an app to manage the various projects that I have going on. In some ways, you can think of it as a todo application which has subtasks, projects/groups, action lists, sorting via time till due/time taken/project/importance etc.

If you have the time, check out this site where there guy goes through a number of options and criteria for a good GTD (getting things done) application.

I've tested:
OpenLoops
Astrid
Goals Todo

I'm really hoping there is a project management app out there and someone can help me.

Have you tested 'action complete'
Their website: http://actioncomplete.com/android
Review of it: http://www.androidtapp.com/actioncomplete/

It's free and was built around GTD system afaik. It allows for sorting and projects with 'actions' and 'waits' within them. Good luck

Powder79

May 7, 2010
You might want to try Thymer.
It's online and I believe it's not free but they have a beta running for Android.

Cyaegha

Apr 27, 2010
I'm also looking for something similar. My only real requirement is sub-tasks though.

Got To Do seems nice, but to get sub tasks you have to pay for a pro license for ToodleDo, after you pay for the app itself. I'm sure its not expensive, but still...

Action Complete doesn't seem to have sub tasks.

I've also checked out Astrid and OpenLoops.

I thought the whole idea of GTD was to break a task down into smaller sub-tasks so you can "get things done".

I think I was actually using ToodleDo on my iPhone, but I don't recall having to pay to get sub tasks. Perhaps that is new.

Cleargrey

Mar 30, 2010
London
Any methodologies in mind? Any back end software like MS Project Server or open source PM apps / servers in mind? I.e. how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

How far? Currently I don't need to intergrate with any MS software (or similar) though if it was offered and useful I wouldn't say no.

What I would like to have as a high priority are:

1. Ability to manage different projects (obviously).

2. Ability to plan projects - form project trees, some may have tasks, some may have notes, some may have links etc.

3. An online/desktop backup/sync. Simply because I hate the thought of all my information being in one place.

4. A UI that is easy to assess what is going on and what is coming up.

There are obviously other things required but it's difficult to list everything which is why I attached that site that pretty much lists most of them.

@Powder79, I just looked at Thymer. It looks a bit too basic but thanks for the suggestion.

Currently I'm trying out Toodledoo + Got To Do. It seems to have most but it really does suck for giving your tasks/actions a quick look to see the state (active/waiting/reference/etc). It just has date due and overdue.

If you imagine a bastard love child of Astrid (Android), Goals ToDo (Android), Toodledoo (online), Projekt (Symbian) and Mindmanager (desktop) then you will have my perfect project manager application.

Oh, and a desktop widget for easy viewing.

I don't ask for much obviously.

solox

Dec 30, 2007
Project manager

Me too is looking for a good project manager.
Yet haven't found one that handles Values/Visions.

Values/vision is like a direction, it can't be completed. There should be mesure of how well one is living the value/vision.
And projects/goals to hold the direction.
And tasks to complete project. Yet, have only seen project at best.

Need, with overview:
Value1>Projects>Tasks
Value2>Projects>Tasks
Value3>Projects>Tasks
and so..

I-A

Oct 4, 2010
Sorry to bump up an old thread but anyone interested in a simple project management / to do list tool might like to take a look at my app: Organisa Lite. Its on Android Market currently. It offers some features I think some people might find useful - such as updating the android calendar with chosen dates and organising notes in a hierarchical manner. The user interface is unique too: you can minimise and maximise projects and sub-notes as required and manage everything from the one screen.

I'd like to make Organisa Lite completely free and add a Pro version with much more advanced features but I need some initial confirmation and support that it is what people want in the way of paid downloads.

Last edited:

hawkmoonsoftware

Jan 17, 2011
Mobile Project Manager (MPM)

Have youbtried MPM (Mobile Project Manager)? It has unlimited subtasks, predecessor tasks, and allows importing and exporting to/from project management desktop software. Search MPM in the market.

Richa Shaily

Sep 11, 2013
Project Management App on Android

I have been a user of Project Management App, "Project Planning Pro" on iOS for long. This award winning app has helped me significantly in my Project management needs.
However, the app is now available on Android platform & I have given it a try. It works like a breeze. Its a totally worthy app to have.

Best of Luck:good::good:

Last edited:

Richa Shaily

Sep 11, 2013

I've tested:
OpenLoops
Astrid
Goals Todo

Did you gave a try to "Project Planning Pro"
It meets all your requirements. Give it a try..