What phone would you get?

Search This thread

Dkesler76

Dec 17, 2010
Dixie
I think i would get the inc4G since its not a beast phone. but have the same specs in smaller package.

Last edited:

Pete02

Dec 6, 2011
Google Pixel 3
I'm looking at the Inc4g myself but downgrading the camera?! That doesn't sound too good and the possible unlockability of it would suck even more. However hearing that Andybones will be dev'n it is a bonus for sure! :-D

I'll most likely wait and see what happens in a few more months because right now I'm running cm9 vivow unofficial with aeroevan's latest kernel and my phones running faster than it ever has!

david_hume

Jan 25, 2012
The Land of the Ninjas
I'm looking at the Inc4g myself but downgrading the camera?! That doesn't sound too good and the possible unlockability of it would suck even more. However hearing that Andybones will be dev'n it is a bonus for sure! :-D

I'll most likely wait and see what happens in a few more months because right now I'm running cm9 vivow unofficial with aeroevan's latest kernel and my phones running faster than it ever has!

What do you mean by "downgrading the camera"?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

Pete02

Dec 6, 2011
Google Pixel 3
What do you mean by "downgrading the camera"?

Sorry about that, poor wording on my part. :eek: From what I understand the camera is not going to be equipped with the new HTC imagesense that their using in their 'one' series phones. So its not that its been 'downgraded' by any means whatsoever. It actually has the same megapixels and all, its just lacking the software I guess. Apologies for any confusion.

ryryrocco

Nov 17, 2010
New Hampshire
Sorry about that, poor wording on my part. :eek: From what I understand the camera is not going to be equipped with the new HTC imagesense that their using in their 'one' series phones. So its not that its been 'downgraded' by any means whatsoever. It actually has the same megapixels and all, its just lacking the software I guess. Apologies for any confusion.

If it is just lacking the software it should be able to be updated. Maybe they will include it before or shortly after release.

Is there any word on if/when verizon is doing away with the unlimited data plans once you upgrade. I am due for an upgrade in july. I would probably get the htc inc3-4g-lte.

I have gotten all my android phones for free-nearly free so far

Signed proud owner of

2 droid eris phones (kids use as wifi only mp3 players) running gsb final version

1 droid incredible (my wifi only mp3 player) running jermaine's stock plus

1 droid inc2 (my current phone which is really a great one for me right now - no 4g in my area yet) running andybones stock with all the mods. So smooth.

htc for lyphe

Pete02

Dec 6, 2011
Google Pixel 3
If it is just lacking the software it should be able to be updated. Maybe they will include it before or shortly after release.

Is there any word on if/when verizon is doing away with the unlimited data plans once you upgrade. I am due for an upgrade in july. I would probably get the htc inc3-4g-lte.

I have gotten all my android phones for free-nearly free so far

Signed proud owner of

2 droid eris phones (kids use as wifi only mp3 players) running gsb final version

1 droid incredible (my wifi only mp3 player) running jermaine's stock plus

1 droid inc2 (my current phone which is really a great one for me right now - no 4g in my area yet) running andybones stock with all the mods. So smooth.

htc for lyphe

I spoke with a Verizon rep a couple of days ago and she told me that right now the nix on the grandfather issue is just a rumor at this point. She said that they will eventually implement it but will notify all customers by mail first and supply a date at which this will take place. She also told me that the Inc4G will be out VERY soon! :D

On a side note she also told me about something called agreement swapping. I have three phones on my account (family share) and one of them is overdue for a renewal so I can use that renewal for my line (to get the Inc4G) and my renewal date will get pushed to the other phone line. Should come in handy since I'd like to get that phone before they do kill the grandfathered plans.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010
Verizon has released a letter to news outlets stating how the unlimited data service will work. I've posted their response probably 4 times now yet everyone seems to keep hypothesizing their own theories about it. I'll post it yet again though:

– Customers will not be automatically moved to new shared data plans. If a 3G or 4G smartphone customer is on an unlimited plan now and they do not want to change their plan, they will not have to do so.
– When we introduce our new shared data plans, Unlimited Data will no longer be available to customers when purchasing handsets at discounted pricing.
– Customers who purchase phones at full retail price and are on an unlimited smartphone data plan will be able to keep that plan.
– The same pricing and policies will be applied to all 3G and 4G LTE smartphones.

The unlimited data plan IS going away. What this means is that when you sign up for a phone or renew a contract you will have to pick a tiered plan. Gone are the days of just signing up for unlimited data. If you are currently on a plan with unlimited data they cannot just switch you over just because they have to honor any current plan you have in place. The ONLY time they can switch you over is A. if you ask or B. if you renew a contract since they can't have you sign a contract for something they don't offer anymore. If you want unlimited data for another few years you can A. buy a phone off contract via eBay or Craigslist or B. upgrade before the rumored shared data plans go into effect in July.

IF these new share plans offer the ability for me to get a MiFi device and not have to pay extra per month for it I'll gladly give up my data provided the price is right. Right now I'm paying $60/month for two phones that barely hit 4GB total so if the current structure of $50/5GB carries over AND I can get a MiFi as part of that shared data than sign me up. Hell, I'd consider selling my iPad in favor of a LTE version since it appears it could go this route.

Reactions: Linch89

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
IF these new share plans offer the ability for me to get a MiFi device and not have to pay extra per month for it I'll gladly give up my data provided the price is right. Right now I'm paying $60/month for two phones that barely hit 4GB total so if the current structure of $50/5GB carries over AND I can get a MiFi as part of that shared data than sign me up. Hell, I'd consider selling my iPad in favor of a LTE version since it appears it could go this route.

yeah the threshold of the tiers is what will be interesting

right now wife and i have unlimited plans each for $60 a month total (less work discounts its more like 47/48)

if there was 5gb shared for 30 a month? idk...still prolly wouldnt take it but it would be nice for the option

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010
yeah the threshold of the tiers is what will be interesting

right now wife and i have unlimited plans each for $60 a month total (less work discounts its more like 47/48)

if there was 5gb shared for 30 a month? idk...still prolly wouldnt take it but it would be nice for the option
Right now it comes down to what will allow me to maximize the plans the most. I don't want to pay more than I am now, obviously, but I may be willing to go up 5-10 if it's right.

david_hume

Jan 25, 2012
The Land of the Ninjas
Assuming the phone doesn't get too much bloatware (this is Verizon though), then the GSIII is going to be my next phone for sure (unless Verizon somehow gets the next nexus again). My stance hasn't changed on this.

I'm glad the rooting community exists though because you can root the phone to rid it of all nasty bloatware. XD HEIL ANDROID!!!

baling

Oct 15, 2011
HTC One

I would get the One X by HTC just because i love the new camera options

sjpritch25

Jan 30, 2011
St. Petersburg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if it was a choice of any phone out in verizon's current inventory (assuming i was burning an upgrade and paying vzw's prices...)

i wouldnt take any (which is why i havent)

reasons i wouldnt take: (all just my personal opinion, not remotely trying to influence anyone...everyone has their own likes/dislikes/needs)

nexus:
    i like having the option of (insert oem skin) and aosp
    radios are a bit iffy (most samsung devices are)
    would get bored of swapping just between aokp and miui4
    i personally wouldnt have anything to do for it
    battery life is mixed (some report great batt life with kernels, others on same kernels disagree so meh)

rezound:
    no working aosp, nor any aosp devs that (i think) can get ril worked out anytime soon
    500 of the exact same sense roms
    still officially on gb
    battery debacle of the different voltage batts
    not much for me to do for it (put out more of the same sense roms?)

(insert motorola device)
    i wont buy motorola on principle
    i hate blur so much it might as well not be an option for me

lg spectrum:
    lol, i had to put this in here...no one bought it

future phones?!

certainly a lot for consideration, but too many unknowns to commit to one right now

sgs3:
    even though its very likely that the verizon version (if indeed there is one) ships with a dual core s4 chip rather than quad core exynos, that would be ok in my book
    a lot depends on pricepoint, actual release date (if it launches in september or something forget it), and the other developers that commit to it (if a billion others do, ill pass rather than do the same stuff they do)
    and lets see what other things verizon does it to it (form factor change, etc)

galaxy note (journal):
    more unknowns
    is it launching? if so, when? (summer is too late for its q4 2011 specs)
    is it really launching with gingerbread ?!?! (it would be a no buy just based on that, given samsung/vzw's terrible history with updating skinned sammy phones..or even the gnex for that matter)

inc 4g/inc3/inc lte/whatever its called:
    ill *most* likely pick this device up assuming that
    battery life is decent
    will it have htc dev unlock support? (att one x doesnt seem to)
    will the latest s-off for htc phones work with it? or is the chipset a no-go
    i can find it on wirefly for around $200 on contract (not paying $300 on contract for it)
    similar camera to the one series
    i like the 4.0 inch screen size, and qhd is a nice bump in resolution
    s4 processor w/ qhd res *should* lead to very good performance
    native full sense 4 and ics is nice
    native ics devices *should* be easier to get aosp working on, as its been speculated that the ril situation should be better than native gb phones (who knows though)

rumored htc note competitor:
    umm, lets see how big it is really :eek:
    how much it costs
    how is battery life?
    is it really going to have sense 5? what the heck is sense 5 lol
    will it have htc dev unlock support? (att one x doesnt seem to)
    As there is nothing available right now that gets my heart racing, I'll be keeping my DInc2 and unlimited data. When I finally want a phone I'll pay full market price and will continue to do it that way for good. The keeping of unlimited data will pay for the phone in just a few months.

What would make my mouth water as far as phones go? Realistically?
    The DInc4G with a 4.3" screen, image sense, and good battery life. I'll pay 5-6 hundred for that. Or wait till I can buy a used one for less.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
    The new samsung galaxy s3 because i think the performance of the new exynos quad core processor would be great......like the old exynos on the galaxy s2 :D:D:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    I just sold my rezound so I can purchase an inc4g once it's released.
    I have an upgrade due,
    but I think I'll purchase the inc4g in full and same the update.
    either way, andybones will be on the inc4g once released :)
    I just sold my rezound so I can purchase an inc4g once it's released.
    I have an upgrade due,
    but I think I'll purchase the inc4g in full and same the update.
    either way, andybones will be on the inc4g once released :)

good to hear man :)