[APP] Battery Charged Silencer

Search This thread

OndrejP

Feb 16, 2011
This application mutes notification sound when battery is fully charged. It can also disable vibrations if selected in options. It mutes before batery is charged (usually 99% ro 100%) - it mutes only notifications not phone calls.

Vibrator supression works with SGS2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1, it is strange that it does not work with other Samsung phones (quite puzzled).

Android Market link

Last edited:
Definitely checking this out, but I think it's kinda sad we have to resort to an app to tell Samsung about this issue, when my old Galaxy S was doing the same crap a year ago and people hated it then! It's like "yes, the device IS fully charged, thanks for telling me in the middle of the night when I have it charging for a reason, and no, I'm not going to take it off the charger just because it's fully charged now!!!"

It's one thing to want to be enviro-friendly, it's another to bug the crap out of you to unplug your device 5 hours before you need it for the day just because it's "done charging...."

Reactions: WTFunk

OndrejP

Feb 16, 2011
Samsung should remove this feature completely. Issue is with some phones, e.g. droid charge, where vibration setting does not work - and this setting in app turns off vibrator :-/ Nevertheless it works for relevant devices which are SGS2, American SGS2 and new Tab.

Luutarhuri

Mar 10, 2011
Any possibility to get this to work on SGS i9000 also?
This "feature" is bugging the crap out of me with 2.3.5 version. Didn't have this problem when I was using Froyo.

edit: Actually, it seems to work in i9000 already. I'll add more information about it in future.

Last edited:

fedorflasnik

Jan 26, 2012
Senec
Many thanks for this hilarious application. Finally my tablet don't wake me up at night.

It works also while listening to TuneIn Radio where the tone makes the streaming sound stopped... :cool:

WTFunk

Oct 16, 2010
New York
Definitely checking this out, but I think it's kinda sad we have to resort to an app to tell Samsung about this issue, when my old Galaxy S was doing the same crap a year ago and people hated it then! It's like "yes, the device IS fully charged, thanks for telling me in the middle of the night when I have it charging for a reason, and no, I'm not going to take it off the charger just because it's fully charged now!!!"

It's one thing to want to be enviro-friendly, it's another to bug the crap out of you to unplug your device 5 hours before you need it for the day just because it's "done charging...."

I just thanked you because I couldn't possibly agree more with everything you said. I feel like long tossing the tablet everytime it wakes me up! Going to try this app, thanks OP

dextroamphetamine

Jan 28, 2012
Thank you so much! I sleep with my Tablet as I use one of the sleep cycle monitor apps and it always wakes me up when it's done charging.

craigccfl

Mar 5, 2011
thanks a bunch, I too found the beep rather annoying especially when you're charging off the PC and using the tab to do other functions during work. I'm downloading this fix right now.

rico_35

Oct 5, 2007
Rennes
Hello Ondrej,

Could you make it compatible with GS2 NFC (GT-O9100P) because I can not acces to your application on Play Store (not compatible...).

Many thanks

OndrejP

Feb 16, 2011
I disabled application for devices for which users wrote it does not work comments.
I can test application only with devices which I have (which is not GT-O9100P)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This application mutes notification sound when battery is fully charged. It can also disable vibrations if selected in options. It mutes before batery is charged (usually 99% ro 100%) - it mutes only notifications not phone calls.

Vibrator supression works with SGS2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1, it is strange that it does not work with other Samsung phones (quite puzzled).

Android Market link