[Q] ICS update with unlocked Bootloader?

Search This thread

cannuks76

Nov 16, 2011
Cumbria
ok, so this might sound N00bish, but i wanted to know when the Atrix ICS update rolls out, will i be able to update OTA with an unlocked bootloader?

caster62003

Jan 6, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
Nobody knows the answers to your questions. Motorola is keeping this under tight wraps, for all we know know, we may be done with at gb, and the only way to get ics is with unofficial roms.

I am only speculating at this point, but I would assume having an unlocked boot loader should have no effect on the update, but if u can install a custom rom , why bother with the bloat ware?

CaelanT

ok, so this might sound N00bish, but i wanted to know when the Atrix ICS update rolls out, will i be able to update OTA with an unlocked bootloader?

If you are anything but stock, i.e. rooted, frozen/deleted any Blur apps, etc., you won't be able to OTA until you are back to stock again. As for the unlocked bootloader, no idea if that will stop you.

cmoG530

Sep 7, 2009
^^^ Agreed and I'm sure moto-ics won't be that great anyhow.

#Sent from my God given Atrix 4G

cannuks76

Nov 16, 2011
Cumbria
thanks everyone for the answers, i think ill stick to CM9 :) and plus the backup of the stock ROM is almost 4 months old lol (I.E lots of apps missing :) if they do release the official update, at that point there will be a CM11 coming out with Jelly Bean ;)