[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

NoBody20013

Jul 4, 2008
Whats the Deal with the "Battery light"?

Note doesnt have a battery/notification light.... is the light from the menu/back buttons meant with this?

thx!

(couldn´t find anything about this)

Bigv69er

May 10, 2011
Los Angeles
Yep it is.

Im not sure about the USB stick though.

Sent from my GNote!

Cus everyone on the nfts thread said to change it to that for when you insert USB stick.. well to try ext_SD first and if that didn't work them emmc

But what your saying makes sense. Because navigating to emmc. Shows me what I have in my micro SD.. and to external SD pathway

I will give it a try when I get home

Sent from my GT-N7000 PINK using xda premium

Last edited:

MohElShafei

Jul 2, 2011
Cairo
Not likely. Assume that any theme which includes "flash in CWM" is poorly designed and highly likely to break when moving to a different device or even when CM makes a change to something the theme touches.

The theme engine exists for a reason, themers need to learn to use it.

Thank you so much for your answer .. you are the best :)

sorcio46

May 6, 2011
Rome
As i wrote on IRC, i don't have any idea of how to make a log of my phone

But here's the Bug Report:
During a call using headphones, if i take a picture the audio of the call goes to the speaker of the device (for about 1 second), instead of hearing it in my headphones

(using CM x705 nightly, stock kernel and samsung original headphones with mic)

Last edited:

scourgeofgod

Sep 13, 2011
Probably a dumb question... but

When and how does a build progress from nightlies to stable version ... ??
Is the process similarly long for other devices, where builds are tested over months before it can be declared stable ?

Iam not a developer by anymeans but somehow i feel the CM9 builds on N7000 are quite stable and functional for most purposes.
95% of functions work and 90% of those work well for 99% of the time. So why this wait to declare it stable ?

Exceptions like stylus shouldnt be a matter IMO because CM9 development for Note is not supposed to support additional functions of stylus anyway.

Basically when can we expect to see GNote's image listed in Cynogenmod page as officially supported device ??:D

trell959

Dec 20, 2010
California
Probably a dumb question... but

When and how does a build progress from nightlies to stable version ... ??
Is the process similarly long for other devices, where builds are tested over months before it can be declared stable ?

Iam not a developer by anymeans but somehow i feel the CM9 builds on N7000 are quite stable and functional for most purposes.
95% of functions work and 90% of those work well for 99% of the time. So why this wait to declare it stable ?

Exceptions like stylus shouldnt be a matter IMO because CM9 development for Note is not supposed to support additional functions of stylus anyway.

Basically when can we expect to see GNote's image listed in Cynogenmod page as officially supported device ??:D

It is an officially supported device. The site rarely gets updated.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Reactions: scourgeofgod

kailashnj

Nov 1, 2007
Guys,

I am able to connect using wifi direct to another handset, but when I go to the file explorer to share files, I have no options to share them via wifi on the CM9 rom. Please help.

Kailash

Guys I have still not received answer to this question of mine and hence bumping the thread.

Thanks.

gartner83

Jun 14, 2012
Well,it seems,that when cm reboots,the mobile and wifi network location settings are forgotten or the yahoo weather tries to refresh based on the wrong parameters.

I did full wipe,formatted everything and this pattern is repeating again. So, I guess it's a bug. Ca someone else confirm that?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

I found another pattern.

Well,I know now when it works and when it doesn't. When cm reboots and if you refresh the weather,when you haven't entered the PIN yet,it won't work until you uncheck and check mobile network location.

But if you refresh the weather after you enter the PIN and you wait that everything connects than the lock screen weather will refresh everytime.

But I did notice that refresh time doesn't refresh on the first refresh tap,you have to refresh it twice for it to refresh it's last refresh time. A little complicated. Well,maybe the dev will look inside these issues if it is an issue of cm at all.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

samXLR

Feb 12, 2012
because it's quite stable?:laugh::good:

lol, nice word catching but in all seriousness I didn't have a single crush or reset or any issue at all (not a single "___ has stopped responding" message). sense hmm... last week's or the week before nightly (to this date).

<3 CM :good::highfive:

Top Liked Posts