[Kernel]N8000 ICS/JB [1704Mhz OC kernel]

Search This thread

brieuwers

Aug 18, 2011
IJmuiden
Looks nice. I sure wish we could get some 8013 development.

Any idea what was causing the wifi disconnect problems?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I really dont know what is causing the wifi problems.
It kind a hard to develop a kernel for a device I do not own.
Kernel developping needs testing and thats where the problem is when I dont have the right device.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
I really dont know what is causing the wifi problems.
It kind a hard to develop a kernel for a device I do not own.
Kernel developping needs testing and thats where the problem is when I dont have the right device.

Have you changed this kernel in some way to no longer support 8013 or are you simply stating that you no longer support it because of the existing wifi issues?

Also, on your prior iteration of this kernel, I wasn't able to overclock above 1.5 without it freezing up. Have you done something to improve this so it can work better at higher levels?

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Huh, Gave it a try on my 8013 anyway.

SetCPU at 1704 seems stable running at Performance. Tried 1600 and crashed. Who knows?

Anyway, just turned in a Quadrant Score of 6308. Pretty frickin impressive. ;)

Reactions: brieuwers

brieuwers

Aug 18, 2011
IJmuiden
Have you changed this kernel in some way to no longer support 8013 or are you simply stating that you no longer support it because of the existing wifi issues?

Also, on your prior iteration of this kernel, I wasn't able to overclock above 1.5 without it freezing up. Have you done something to improve this so it can work better at higher levels?

I dont know what it is with your device. I got my first freeze ever running at 1800mhz.
So I stopped supporting other devices then N8000 because I cant test the kernel before launch.
Im running 1704mhz for 10 days now without any problems.
Working on 1800mhz right now but its not stable and gave me my first freeze ever on the note 10.1.

Reactions: mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I dont know what it is with your device. I got my first freeze ever running at 1800mhz.
So I stopped supporting other devices then N8000 because I cant test the kernel before launch.
Im running 1704mhz for 10 days now without any problems.
Working on 1800mhz right now but its not stable and gave me my first freeze ever on the note 10.1.

See my above post. Stable at 1704. Just didn't like 1600 for some odd reason. So far wifi seems stable. Who knows?

P.S., I made a post in the General Section pointing people here. You should be getting some more traffic.

Great work!

Reactions: brieuwers

Mister_Mxyzptlk

Dec 5, 2011
Louisville, KY
Boy do I have one funky device now.... a GT-N8013 ODIN-flashed with GT-N8010 firmware and running a custom OC'd GT-N8000 kernel. I wonder what Samsung would say if I sent it in for repair.... even with the flash counter at zero and showing official binary?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: tbogunro

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Damn this tablet is fast now. Notice it most of all when typing in forums online. No lag. I'm happy :)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Ah I see why this is stable at 1704 but it wasn't at 1600. You nudged the voltage up to 1425 mv from 1300 at 1704.

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Cool it works on 8013 sucks 8013 was dropped from issues

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Cool it works on 8013 sucks 8013 was dropped from issues

Well have mine set at 1.7 performance with cfq scheduler in SetCPU and haven't have a single wifi disconnect yet.

Perhaps the increased voltage to 1425 mv is helping? Maybe overclocking above 1.4 at 1300 mv was causing wifi to crash? So maybe it was never a driver issue at all, just a lack of power?

lm that guy

Jan 22, 2012
Well have mine set at 1.7 performance with cfq scheduler in SetCPU and haven't have a single wifi disconnect yet.

Perhaps the increased voltage to 1425 mv is helping? Maybe overclocking above 1.4 at 1300 mv was causing wifi to crash? So maybe it was never a driver issue at all, just a lack of power?

Hmm im no dev but that makes sense

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
I dont think a voltage or clock would cause wifi or 3g say on a phone or tablet crash...

Usually data related stuff is its own thing in a kernel ?

Also i dont want to use the n8000 kernel because it might contain stuff that doesnt pertain to my device 8013... Being the kernel is the middle man between software and hardware. .thats where issueals might arise

lm that guy

Jan 22, 2012
Id like to test this theory out with a 8013 kernel. Im willing to test before an official launch if the dev is ok with it.

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Was running at 1704 for hours perfectly then things started getting a little funky and crashed a few times. Tried backing off to 1600 and reset voltage to 1425 mv. This used to lock things up but at 1425 things seem solid.

I wonder how high we can go safely with the voltage?

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Went back to 1704. Seems fine.

Best quad score yet 6538.

images

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Tried it on JB OTA, didn't boot. It didn't even go in to Samsung boot screen, after the first splash screen saying Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 it just goes black. To bad,I wanted to try this but I'm not going back to ICS. Keep up the good work OP.

Skickat från min GT-N8000 via Tapatalk 2

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Tried it on JB OTA, didn't boot. It didn't even go in to Samsung boot screen, after the first splash screen saying Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 it just goes black. To bad,I wanted to try this but I'm not going back to ICS. Keep up the good work OP.

Skickat från min GT-N8000 via Tapatalk 2

Wow you like living dangerously :) Luckily you didn't hard brick that thing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mister_Mxyzptlk

Dec 5, 2011
Louisville, KY

Did some investigating. This is anecdotal, but I tried this kernel on my device running an ODIN-flashed stock 8013 ROM, and had zero WiFi issues. However, when running an ODIN-flashed stock 8010 ROM, this kernel made wifi go haywire... which is a good movie by the way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a kernel build for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
    Running on 1704Mhz. With extra 100, 50 and 25Mhz step. So it runs 25 to 1704 instead of 200 to 1400.
    Custom bootanimation support. (Standard bootanimation wont work)
    Triangle away support.

Update N8000BRV2 (ICS)
    -better voltage settings
    -better wifi drivers
    -BFQ scheduler back
    -updated linux version
    -other minor tweaks

Update N8000Jelly_OC
    -Build for JellyBean

edit.
    N8013 and N8010 support pulled back because of the wifi problems

source https://github.com/brieuwers/N8000Kernel

Thanks to Gokhanmoral, Espenfjo, Entropy512 and Franciscofranco.

Flash tar with odin or zip with CWM.

Everything at your own risk.

Greetz Bas.
    Thanks!
    Yes, and no... I do get the occasional boot-loop situation which after a few loops usually boots and allows me to power off normally so that the device can cool down. If I do not power off and let it cool down before restarting, after having had bootloops, it will be unstable and reboot into a new cycle of bootloops.

However, it seems as if the CPU frequency both for min. and max. is set to 1.7 GHz at boot, and remains that way.
    If I get a successful cold-boot, I use System-Tuner Pro to change min. to 100 MHz and keep max. at 1.7 GHz. I do not think I have had a reboot/bootloop situation with the changes settings from cold-boot.

I forgot to set the minimum frequency.
    Here's a beta2 for you for testing with other voltage settings.
    Maybe this one will work fine.
    Let me now if it works.
    N8013 kernel loaded. No problems installing. SPen good. Using Nova launcher - extremely snappy. Did not change governor (default is pegasusq). Cleared background tasks before each run. Benchmarks so far:
    Linpack - average 190
    Quadrant - average 6100
    RL Bench (SQL) - average 18.2
    Antutu - average 13900
    Wifi - when out of range of 5Ghz, automatically switched to 2.4Ghz. No problems with hitting top speeds on either. Signal range for 5Ghz seems a little shorter than before, but not drastically.
    Seems stable. Wouldn't be surprised if this can be OC'd higher.
    Will use throughout the day and report any problems.
    Thanks, and yes, the first kernels worked fine.

Could you try this kernel for me and report back if it still bootloops or not?
    XDA seems to have some problems right now.
    Editing and uploading new kernel wont work.
    I will try again later.