[APP][2.1+]Floating Draw! Draw over ANY screen.

Search This thread

thanosart

Jul 7, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nice app. Screen locked upon initial run. Rebooted into recovery and cleared caches, rebooted. Now all app buttons are working properly. Very useful tool.

Sent from my EVO 4g LTE using xda premium

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
Hi OP, thanks for the app! Please help me, when I save the file it saves my drawing but not the background screenshot. How to resolve? I'm on Nexus 4 thanks!

to save background just take normal screenshot ...

valid point however ... save only saves annotations as transparent png and doesnt show background ...

works awsum on tf700 but ... thanks :highfive:

annoyingduck

Aug 15, 2012
Boston, MA Area
This app is great, nice job - cool idea. I do agree though, what value does the save option have if it does not save the background with it? Screen shot works fine, but I think your save option should be modified. I would also like to see an option to change the default launch location of the "pencil + menu", as it's a bit difficult to see on top of the dock.

helpme

Feb 2, 2006
wonderful app, I will give 90/100. if you can add share function to share the pic to other application, 100/100.

wolfballz

Jul 11, 2012
San Diego. CA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It's unfortunate that the pencil and other buttons on this app show up in the screenshot as well so they cover part of the background. When using the app "Screenshot It" from the play store you take a screenshot and it auto loads its own editor...

lukesky

Mar 26, 2007
looking forward to the next version with screenshots or the ability to save the annotations plus the background...

good job so far!:good:

Just_s

May 6, 2010
Denver/Albuquerque
the images might be different for different screen sizes...gogeta used on mdpi device.your galaxy W is hdpi if i am not wrong?.. OP might be using some other...?..
cant say yet..because i cant download from playstore my data plan on mobile is over...can you upload apk here?

Why not just go to the mobile browser and download the app from the Play store there via wifi? Any browser should work, but Dolphin is especially clean for that.

You definitely don't need a data plan to download apps from the Play store, otherwise all us folks with tablets would be out of luck.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

xdanan

Dec 8, 2010
I love it but fails in my phone

I really love this app, but after some switch off/on it lost the content, like if I had pressed the trash can. My phone, a LG Optimus 2X with Holo Launcher.

Also, if you close the application by accident and you had not saved the note yet, you lose it. I think it should save the current note automatically.

ejezisek

Dec 1, 2012
Working on an update using the Standout Library.

Here's a screenshot of the new menu. It's not uploaded yet, still have some kinks to work out.
Android_ScreenShot.png
Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Just_s

faku1810

Jun 14, 2012
Are you still working on this? I just downloaded it and tested it on my I9300 running CM 11 (Kitkat), and sadly i uninstalled it after I realized it added 3 permanent notifications on my statusbar, and unticking the option of "Show Notifications" in the App Manager renders it unusable, as it won't open anymore. I just installed it again and so far it seems to be normal.. Hide option doesn't work though, it hides it, but i can't bring it back from the notification but it still disables the Back and menu button as if it were open.

Just tested again, opening it from the app drawer, 3 permanent notifications again.. this is bad, I'll uninstall it until it's fixed. Good job though, it would be better if you could add an option to draw while it's hidden, as currently it hides the left side of the screen.

ejezisek

Dec 1, 2012
Are you still working on this? I just downloaded it and tested it on my I9300 running CM 11 (Kitkat), and sadly i uninstalled it after I realized it added 3 permanent notifications on my statusbar, and unticking the option of "Show Notifications" in the App Manager renders it unusable, as it won't open anymore. I just installed it again and so far it seems to be normal.. Hide option doesn't work though, it hides it, but i can't bring it back from the notification but it still disables the Back and menu button as if it were open.

Just tested again, opening it from the app drawer, 3 permanent notifications again.. this is bad, I'll uninstall it until it's fixed. Good job though, it would be better if you could add an option to draw while it's hidden, as currently it hides the left side of the screen.

I've been making a lot of changes to it. I believe the notification error is due to you having a more recent phone and various changes to Android. I will be attempting to fix this soon. (I initially said it wasn't as important, but, it's the next thing on my task list after allowing users to do text again which is almost done)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Renamed Floating Draw Online!
    Allows you to draw over friends phones/random peoples phones, gives you draw rooms that you can join and draw with whomever is in them. Check it out! (In BETA, will be updating constantly for a while)
    Draw over a floating screen!

FEATURES:
    ‣  On Screen Annotation - Allows you to draw over ANY screen!
    ‣  Change Colors
    ‣  Draw Shapes(Circle, Triangle, Rectangle, Line, Text)
    ‣  Fill your Shapes with color with the NEW fill paint tool!
    ‣  Save what you create!

GUIDE:
    ‣  Open Application
    ‣  Click Drawing Icon (Located in Lower left hand corner)
    ‣  Change shape (Click the square with the paint brush in it)
    ‣  Change color (Click the square with color in it)
    ‣  Draw on screen(Just click anywhere on the screen besides the menu)
    ‣  Clear the Screen(Click the garbage can)
    ‣  Return to normal interactivity(Click the return button)
    ‣  Close the program(Click the big x after you click the drawing icon)

Permissions Requested:
    SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - Allows user to draw on the screen.

MhRNa2wGTxi41SwMr6dI65-EhgfgTrz4TxGsbE_doHxBnTdoyN3MqRcxVIPRXUnfEg
    SQD8KPziGVnXJa2DpmRUbJ_4XJdZJw8ozPlRfQFY-bqHp_DBkyz1BdKvFgXmEx_yYQ
    -hCex8ng13H0YfOU_KyGTBk3lR2Z6N6Pi0crxOLC8Yylvly9W81K_aEnDhDBA8SJaA
    uGnOtgHNHL3U4Sqay1oNvPJu7YgRuFZCgOCpS4IOXzYbwTa7C5NbRrqLZlG5crxndCE
    qnL5nVdcMXoCtAMuY6XLmPSgZ5ykMKAA9sUrIhkrDmNjBN0fIhzjoCFmtsyocn7N3o84
    Gmr0Es6HAdd865d0qwRq-RZMkLKKlkVSEW0_4lCnULl89KILZ0ujQ7HjgdptRrgYJvNP

Get it on Google Play
    Noticed that you didn't include the Play store link due to new user limitations. I've modified your OP to include the following link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=onscreen.draw

Cheers
    Thank you for all the comments.

I will attempt to add undo, redo, screenshots, and the arrows in the next update.

Thank you for your reviews.

Sincerely,

JEZ3 Apps.
    Working on an update using the Standout Library.

Here's a screenshot of the new menu. It's not uploaded yet, still have some kinks to work out.
    Android_ScreenShot.png
    Let me know what you think.
    Sorry for this taking so long. I'm working on getting the app back and running this weekend. I'll be making the pro version for free for now, disabling networking and ads for a little while. I may add them in again later when I've figured out exactly how to. The previous ad setup was pretty bad. Anyway thank you all for the support and I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had. Best wishes!