[Q] need advice, what to get S5 or Note 4?

Search This thread

gybanez

Aug 16, 2004
Northern California
My company is finally letting me leave iPhone and I haven't had an android for a while. Which phone is better (features, specifications)
I will doing more reading but thought I would ask the community. Any advice helps, thanks in advance!

tcb4

Dec 25, 2011
Well, the note 4 will most likely have a 2560x1440 display that is 5.7"+. Powering all those pixels will almost certainly be the snapdragon 805 with 3 gbs of ddr3 ram. According to extremetech the 805's cpu is only about 5% faster than the snapdragon 801, but the gpu is 40% more powerful. Keep in mind though that a 2560x1440 display has to push 77% more pixels than a 1920x1080 display. It's also worth mentioning that battery life is supposed to improve by something like 20%. In the end I think either device will be a great choice, but the note 4 may be worth checking out if you still have something like a 5/5s and are ok with the size. If you're more comfortable with a large phone as opposed to a giant phone, then go with the S5

Geryatrix

May 12, 2010
Northampton
Having just bought the S5, when I went to get it I tried the showroom non working display models of the S5 and the Note 3 in my trouser pocket, and I found that for practical purposes the S5 is the biggest phone that will comfortably fit in a side trouser pocket.

A minor point but to me when I'm wearing trousers and shirt in summer, an important one.

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON
While the leaked specs are relatively trustworthy, none of us know any of the real features of the Note 4.

You'll have to be patient and wait for announcement.