[ROM][SEP.11][SENSE 4]InsertCoin Evolution v2.40 |STABLE|FAST|APM|EQS|TWEAKS

Search This thread

paranull

Nov 5, 2009
Doesn anyone else has "Android is Upgrading : starting applications" message on every boot? that should be common just on the first boot! i think that should be related to supercharger compatibility ...

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
Doesn anyone else has "Android is Upgrading : starting applications" message on every boot? that should be common just on the first boot! i think that should be related to supercharger compatibility ...

I believe it comes up after a cache or dalvik cache wipe..or a new app is added/removed from /system

And I've only restarted my phone once since updating to 1.3... As I'm running a few FULL discharge/charge cycles, I am unwilling to test if it shows up after reboot right now. But usually it shouldn't unless what I stated in the first paragraph happens.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

vasujahagirdar

Jan 1, 2009
raichur,karnataka
desktop bookmarks

guys can anyone help me to get desktop bookmarks on to this roms default internet browser?i used to get that in earlier version of sense roms aster checking view desktop sites in browser but now i only getting local bookmarks,even after signing with the same google account,help

jaco168

Oct 27, 2007
Hong Kong
I have tried several times,
WIFI tethering only work once the phone power on or after restart again,
If you disable it and enable it later, it will show errors (I am using Ad-hoc method)

Errors are below:
Loading WiFi driver
done
Activating WiFi interface
failed
Setting ad-hoc mode
failed
Setting essid
failed
Setting channel
failed
Activating encryption
(iwconfig)
failed
Enabling NAT rules
done
Enabling IP forwarding
done
Tethering now running
done

Tethering will no more work until next restart,
Is it a bug can't be recovered yet?
thanks!

kolokoy

Aug 14, 2011
I have tried several times,
WIFI tethering only work once the phone power on or after restart again,
If you disable it and enable it later, it will show errors (I am using Ad-hoc method)

Errors are below:
Loading WiFi driver
done
Activating WiFi interface
failed
Setting ad-hoc mode
failed
Setting essid
failed
Setting channel
failed
Activating encryption
(iwconfig)
failed
Enabling NAT rules
done
Enabling IP forwarding
done
Tethering now running
done

Tethering will no more work until next restart,
Is it a bug can't be recovered yet?
thanks!

You can use open garden.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

shockr75

Oct 17, 2011
Dallas
Baad,

Great to see you back on the scene!!! The sensation is my wife's unfortunately, so I need to wait for a stable version for her. However, I have faith in you as always. Her phone is on 5.5 right now and she is very happy with it (as am I). I just got a job yesterday, so I will donate as soon as I get my first (or second) check. Thanks again for all that you do!! :D

DJW6927

Mar 31, 2009
Baad,

Great to see you back on the scene!!! The sensation is my wife's unfortunately, so I need to wait for a stable version for her. However, I have faith in you as always. Her phone is on 5.5 right now and she is very happy with it (as am I). I just got a job yesterday, so I will donate as soon as I get my first (or second) check. Thanks again for all that you do!! :D

If you tried it you'd know this is stable. It's more useable and fluid than any 3.6 ROM. You are very incorrect implying this is not stable dude.

My wife has no idea the features that don't work perfectly in this ROM even exist on her Sense 3.6 phone!

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
Thanks, but that is crap. because why does it need to know my location ?

I hate apps claiming redundant permissions. Sorry.

:D

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

I don't care how stable it is, that is not even optional, of course it should be stable.

What gets me is the small things not working. Like WiFi tethering etc.

What this community is lacking is beta testing before releases.
Testing, testing, testing and more testing, then release of a working rom.

what you seem to confuse is a one dude with a laptop (chef of insertcoin rom) with a software company with software engineers, and a Q&A department.

for what you want need. you should stay with stock htc . no custom based on stock not a port. plain odex stock rom.

for all the little things to work . make a reality check please

how good are people with suggestions. mind you please show us your contribution to the community, because on suggestion and asking for perfection from a couple of dudes who don't have source code, don't get paid, do this as hobby - who yet provided some software that normally you wouldn't have on your phone - i see ur good at

OTOH updated quickfixes from post 4.

Last edited:

_andrea_

Jan 21, 2011
Prato
Maybe already asked,
Who has 1.3 can flash directly last fix or they are incremental? I have to wipe cache and dalvik?

Inviato dal mio HTC Sensation Z710e con Tapatalk 2

DJW6927

Mar 31, 2009
Thanks for another update Baad.

How is your massive team of engineers doing all this dev/testing/QA work? You must pass on our thanks to them also ;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yet another sense 4 rom
    based on Ville RUU by Football (THANKS!)

Thanks to TripNRaVeR, mdeejay, shnizlon, show-p1984, leedroid, capy, robocik, j4n87, m0narx and every chef, dev, mod, hacker, advanced user

- hdmi out
    Hi guys,
    Mms fixed
    Working on hw acc. And tether
    Fixes!

Check the attaches for fixes:

Fix for Insercoin Evolution 1.3

v1.3-1
    - fixes volume steps in tweaks. - props nono2lozere
    v1.3-2
    - fixes mms - when trying to save message on phone says "insert card" - props capychimp
    v1.3-3
    - fixes wake-up by vol-key - props shniz
    v1.3-4
    - Fixes LAG after exiting Youtube, and probable some other stuff...(killed 99% debug code ) - props ivicask
    since we decided that together we can do better. me and Shnizlon decided to join efforts. so from now on (well actually starting with next rom release ) move to OrDroid thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1551714

do you people think we devs have a magic fix on our laptops, and keep for ourselves ? really .

When and if we can fix BT MMS and whatever you (the users) will be the 1st to know.

I'm well aware of the problems, also i tried numerous times and ways to fix em but didn't pan out, this is life you win some you loose some.

+1 -ing or posting how much you want that to be fixed because its essential to you DOES NOT SPEED UP THINGS unfortunately .

Or what do you want? to put my life on hold and only try to fix whatever problems there are 24/7?

bottom line. i don't have a solution for BT, MMS, Hotspot, camera not working as on one series! Sorry, maybe i'm a bad chef /dev whatever.
    Doesn't mean i abandoned this and i'm still trying to fix it.

you don't like it this way, oh well get another rom .. ops, same problems there too .. YOu want everything working? GET SENSE 3.6 FROM HTC (oh wait that one has problems with wifi auto wake-up , lockscreen wallpaper and so on) YOu wanna ***** at someone ? contact HTC. They sold ur phone.
    you don't like what i'm doing move along. Frustration should be aimed at HTC not us devs. we do what we can with what we have as a hobby.