Slow charging on my dna!

Search This thread

quikfinger00

Feb 3, 2012
Huntington Park
So my DNA has a charging problem. Figured I'd get a pretty good solution to my problem by posting it here. I've owned my phone for a little over 2 months without any major issues until last week. My phone charges sooo slow via the original htc usb wall charger and various other chargers I have laying around the house! It's really getting annoying as I seriously need my phone 24/7. I installed a few apps that may have caused this. They are the moga universal driver, moga pivot, tango, Skype, and aDownloader. I have since unistalled these apps to no avail. I'm unrooted on stock rom. Phone charges at about %10 every hour and a half. I'm trying to find a solution without having to root or restore my phone. I have the nokia wireless charger but I still find it too slow to use on a regular basis. Use that at night or on days off from work.

I love this phone but if I can't find a good fix I'm thinking of replacing or selling it for the razr maxx hd. I know.. I know.. :( But I need a phone that charges properly/last long

Sent from my DNA

SwordOfWar

Apr 6, 2010
10% / hour is not an acceptable charge rate. Mine charges much faster than this.

If you are charging via the USB cable, make sure to use the wall adapter instead of plugging it into the PC and check the results. Charging via the wall is usually much faster than by using a PC's USB port.

You can do a nandroid backup of the entire ROM and then install stock to see if the ROM is the problem as well.

If you try those things and it still charges that slowly, then there is something wrong with your phone.

This is not the first thread where I heard about charging issues with people who use the nokia wireless charger. Did you have this problem when you first got the phone?

Wireless charging is the slowest method, so expect it to be slower than by PC or wall cable. The LG wireless pad says about 4~ hours for a full charge (which is still much faster than 10%/hour)...