[Q] Magnetic Charging Cable: Charging Time?

Search This thread

SpiritBreak3r

Bought a magnetic cable from ebay, which had all the sony retail boxing but the build seemed cheap. After a week usage, I am noticing terrible charging rate. Having kept my phone over night for charging, I still see only 5-10% increase. But when I switch to USB Cable, it charges noticeably faster (Quick Charge)

So to verify that the cable had issue, I installed this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manor.currentwidget

Would like to know to how much charging current do they get on USB and on Magnetic Cable.

Mine are as follows.

USB:
t0Hto75.png

Magnetic Cable:
HPAl7xy.png

theprince1991

Dec 8, 2008
Bought a magnetic cable from ebay, which had all the sony retail boxing but the build seemed cheap. After a week usage, I am noticing terrible charging rate. Having kept my phone over night for charging, I still see only 5-10% increase. But when I switch to USB Cable, it charges noticeably faster (Quick Charge)

So to verify that the cable had issue, I installed this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manor.currentwidget

Would like to know to how much charging current do they get on USB and on Magnetic Cable.

Mine are as follows.

USB:
**The image you placed here**

Magnetic Cable:
**The image you placed here**

I had the same effect once but it never happened again. I noticed the magnetic charger was charging extremely slowly but the issue went away after I had fully charged the Z1C and it never came back again :S.

You've probably checked, but make sure the magnetic charger is sitting properly in the connector?

mosespl

Mar 19, 2012
Wrocław
The easiest way to check is to install elixir2 and check how high is value. In my case my magnetic cabel charge fast as normal usb cabel. Average speed of charging about 800-900mah when i do something on phone. Original charger can provide 1500mah so when you use your phone you must 1500-that what phones need=charging value. I had another magbetic cabel earlier and it charge terribly slowly. But new one works gr8.

Wysłane z mojego D5503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Iruwen

Dec 14, 2012
Same here, got a cheap cable from eBay and keeping the screen on decreased the battery status quicker than it actually charged. 5-10% over night. Different cable, all fine. I even modified the contacts of the first cable to ensure a proper connection but that also didn't help. Some cables are just trash. Now I ordered another two of the second cable and they also work fine, same charging speed as via USB.