LumiRead?

Search This thread

cicici1234

Aug 11, 2009
Hello, all

I just flashed my 1 week old Acer A500 with a light rom. Now, I am trying to install all the apps I like.

One of my favorite apps is LumiRead. I can't find it anywhere in the market. So, I think this is a stock app for acer. I know there are other readers out there. However, I read LOTS of text files in foreign languages. I tried all different kinds of readers the whole morning. I just couldn't find one with 2 page view, easily change font size, and large book cover at the main page.

For you smart ROM developers, is it possible to extract this LumiRead from the stock ROM. If I don't have LumiRead, I may have to go back to the stock ROM. I don't want that, because it is just slloooooow.

Thanks everyone!!

cicici1234

Aug 11, 2009
Oh no. I just tried to install it. It tried to install, then, it says, "X(red x) Application not installed." nooooooo

tresed

Jun 4, 2008
if you want to try this, I have installed without problems on a acer liquid and on my a501 with taboonay 2.2 :D:D:D

Attachments

• LumiRead.apk
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,252

cicici1234

Aug 11, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply!

It does not work. Root Explorer got the files copied over, still fail to install.

cicici1234

Aug 11, 2009
ahhh... nevermind... it installed... but when i try to open it...

The application LumiRead (process com.decomedia.android.acer.monet) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

tresed

Jun 4, 2008
THANKS, tresed. IT WORKS!!

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

oops ............ very strange ....... have you tried to restart the tablet? is only a test, but you never know

Last edited:

cicici1234

Aug 11, 2009
ahhh... nevermind... it installed... but when i try to open it...

The application LumiRead (process com.decomedia.android.acer.monet) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

cicici1234

Aug 11, 2009
I don't mind trying out taboonay. all i want is to run a little faster.

which taboonay to try? sorry, I am new to this.

jamerican413

Jan 12, 2007
Chicago
I was looking for LumiRead also, as I had a bunch of books in it when I changed roms. However, after having a hard time finding it I downloaded Aldiko, which I used once before. It's a great alternative and it's more logical to use. Maybe try that one out, too - you might like it.