[Q] How do I update my rom?

Search This thread

Nexus4boi

Jan 5, 2014
I am running aokp 4.4 kitkat nighly and I wanted to update. When I update without wiping anything on top of my previous rom it works, but my google play is missing. Also , my folders and widgets went away leaving me with only gallery and setting on the main page. Google now was not there either.

How do I update without losing my data?

Do i have to wipe anything before flashing?

Thank you in advance:cowboy:

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Gapps are stored in system which is formatted when you update, you have to flash gapps again.

Nightlys are not really for normal use so you shouldn't have any data that you're worried about losing on there.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I am running aokp 4.4 kitkat nighly and I wanted to update. When I update without wiping anything on top of my previous rom it works, but my google play is missing. Also , my folders and widgets went away leaving me with only gallery and setting on the main page. Google now was not there either.

How do I update without losing my data?

Do i have to wipe anything before flashing?

Thank you in advance:cowboy:

I would think about trying another rom. You should be able to dirty flash an update for the rom that's already on your phone without losing anything.

Gapps are stored in system which is formatted when you update, you have to flash gapps again.

Nightlys are not really for normal use so you shouldn't have any data that you're worried about losing on there.

Some nightlies can be a daily driver, just have to pick a developer who is well known for their work and not someone who just started learning last night! :D:cool:

Sure, you have to start somewhere, but I think you know what I'm saying.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

Nexus4boi

Jan 5, 2014

yea it worked once i tried it with gapps and all my setting were left the same
thanks for all you help everyone:)