Multiple FC, Crashes, and Freeze

Search This thread

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
So I purchased this N5 through TMobile on Wednesday and finally took it out the box yesterday and set it up. Now, I am on high speed wifi and whenever I try to watch youtube, it either freezes, force closes, or just stays on page showing loading.

With other apps/browser, it does the same thing. Either FC or keeps on loading. Is there a fix or should I get get a newer one from TMobile?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
If you just got the device if take it back. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing. They'll probably tell you to do a factory reset which you could do to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
If you just got the device if take it back. It shouldn't be doing what it's doing. They'll probably tell you to do a factory reset which you could do to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've done factory reset, tried custom rom; nothing worked. When I did custom rom, it worked last night, but this morning, the problems persists.

I got 4 N5s and the other 3 is working as it should, but this one is just a headache so far.

jblazea50

Feb 10, 2010
Beltsville
is this happening via wifi or via your mobile data connection?

Wifi and mobile data.

Funny thing is, I was over my brother's place last night (his phone is the one that's having issues), he connected his to wifi and I was on HSPA. I was able to connect and play videos on youtube while his hanged. Even when I connected to his wifi, mine would play almost immediately while his would hang/FC.

Both phones are N5, on same network, on same wifi, on same rom using same kernel.