[ROM] T989 || Stock || Bloat Free || Rooted || Su || Busybox = STREAMLINED [OCT 21]

Search This thread

teamreidy48

Jul 22, 2010
Anyway we could get that theme posted to be able to use also. you did a great job with it

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

brian6685

Apr 1, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Anyone know why when i try to download facebook from the market with this, it says its not compatible with my device?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

JeffSalter

Jul 17, 2008
Coming from stock unrooted device

Hi -

Thanks to all the developers for your work.

Could someone guide me on the best way to flash this rom? Would I start with the ODIN root method, then flash this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im ready to root and remove the tmo crapware.

While I cant help with rom development, I am a PHP programmer, so should any devs need some PHP work, would be glad to donate my time as compensation for the work you guys do here.

Jeff

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

guess it also might be pertinent to add that I have access to both linux and windows, whichever should be the preferred OS for the rooting software.

mgiusto

Jul 17, 2009
NYC
Hi -

Thanks to all the developers for your work.

Could someone guide me on the best way to flash this rom? Would I start with the ODIN root method, then flash this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im ready to root and remove the tmo crapware.

While I cant help with rom development, I am a PHP programmer, so should any devs need some PHP work, would be glad to donate my time as compensation for the work you guys do here.

Jeff

I would like to second this. I rooted and flashed ROMS very early on for my Vibrant but have been away from it for so long that I forget exactly what to do now with my new SGSII.

I see a lot of talk about "Kitchen" on this thread and have no clue what that is about.

If someone could post a step-by-step on how to flash to this particular ROM on a stock T-Mobile SGS II it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

drewtang

Jun 29, 2010
Boise
I would like to second this. I rooted and flashed ROMS very early on for my Vibrant but have been away from it for so long that I forget exactly what to do now with my new SGSII.

I see a lot of talk about "Kitchen" on this thread and have no clue what that is about.

If someone could post a step-by-step on how to flash to this particular ROM on a stock T-Mobile SGS II it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Download rom.
Place on sdcard.
Boot into recovery.
Wipe data.
Wipe cache.
Go to advanced, wipe dalvik cache.
Select install from SD card, select the rom.
Confirm.
Profit.
Edit:must be rooted with clockwork installed.

Challenger

Mar 23, 2009
Flash this rom last night and so far its been great. I removed a little more apps that came with the rom.

bhowanidin

Apr 21, 2011
Wesley Chapel
I have been running this ROM for the past three days, and have a problem I was wondering if anyone else was having. After following the OP word for word (I could flash in my sleep), my phone has recently been either turning itself off or not waking. I say or because if it sleeps and I get a call or my alarm goes off, the screen doesnt turn on pr register anything. I have to simply hold the power and volume up buttion to restart it. Happens a couple of times a day as well.

Sent from my Rooted SGS2 W/ Stock ROM or my GTab 10.1 now "In Paris"

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
I have been running this ROM for the past three days, and have a problem I was wondering if anyone else was having. After following the OP word for word (I could flash in my sleep), my phone has recently been either turning itself off or not waking. I say or because if it sleeps and I get a call or my alarm goes off, the screen doesnt turn on pr register anything. I have to simply hold the power and volume up buttion to restart it. Happens a couple of times a day as well.

Sent from my Rooted SGS2 W/ Stock ROM or my GTab 10.1 now "In Paris"

Hmm I have never encountered that. Are you under volting or using setcpu to do crazy things ??

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Reflashed without SetCPU, and didnt reinstall it. Thing is, I only used it for a screen off setting and fixing the min setting which was maced out.

it must be one of those things. I myself have fixed min settings and my phone had never done that. So it might be screen off. do nandroid and do a crash install. Then flash one see how that does and flash next and see if that makes a difference.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I released a stock version with everything in it last night with bubby, but people kept on asking me what's safe to remove and whats not. So I decided to upload the base I am using which is bloat free.

As usual it is Rooted / Deodexed / Zip-aligned / Su / Busybox.

I have kept samsung widgets for now. Refer to POST 2 for apps removed. Btw Gtalk with Video is also included in this rom :)

ROM is 262.73 mb in size compared to 311.70 mb.

Without further adieu...

ROM -- Link

Battery Addon -- Link

This is going to be perfect as a base for theme creators and dev's.

Special thanx to bubby323 for providing me with his updater-script. Battery addon was made via UOT.
    Pictures:

2z857js.png

List of Apps Removed:

Asphalt6, Bonus apps, Books, Mobi tv, ECID, IQ Tmobile, Live source, Mall lite, Media hub, Mobile backup, Netflix, Sns for Linkedln, Telenav, Tmobile Blio, Tmobile m4m, and Zinio.

I think this is it :)

ADDONS:

Crysis Battery: http://www.multiupload.com/QNH9IMXS5Q [Thanx to Vibrantnew-b]

I caught up with Tesh over on Twitter (@iEnthusiast) and he was kind enough to set up a new download link. He may update the thread when he gets time, but until then I thought I'd share the link.

download
    Anyway we could get that theme posted to be able to use also. you did a great job with it

It is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18667140 untested on this rom

Ahhh man. We need gtalk w/video in there also :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

It should be in there already.