[MOD] bLED button LED notification for Galaxy Note

Search This thread

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011
Thanks ! Keep Going, thats the best Hardwaremod and ever Note just needs it !
Just to ask for upcoming versions: Would it be possible to to like 1 Blink for missed call, 2 Blinks for SMS and 3 Blinks for new eMail?

Patterns? Yup they're on the pipeline. More like yes, you will he able to configure them that way.

Unfortunately no clear schedule yet :p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris X.
Yipee!!!!!Worked!!!!!Easy like 1-2-3!!!!!

Thanks a lot i am having kk3 kernel version!!!!!Its very easy procedure!!!!!From many days i was waiting for this!!!!!Really thanks and keep developing more stuff and kernel like this for OUR SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE.Anyone any doubt about this can ask me!!!!! :):):):):)

Spuggi

Oct 3, 2007
The issue with BLN on my old device was, that with every blink the device wakes up to control it, so it would be less battery draining to just create a constant dimmed backlight...

RiverSource

Sep 22, 2010
Maybe you can provide the source code for the Kernel Module. Then we are able to include it directly into the Custom Kernels. Would be a nice feature for FM 1.5 ;)

Anyway I will have a look why the module does not apply against FM 1.4. Since the cypress drivers are untouched, it could maybe a matter of kernel configuration.

Last edited:

angelom

May 2, 2006
Tested with Cassie's XtraLiteRom KKA ThunderBolted! V3 but on my Note led not work ( Kernel Chainfire )

Last edited:

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011

ywk

Dec 21, 2010
Tried on my Cassie's XtraLiteRom KKA ThunderBolted! V3 with AbyssNote v2.1 Kernel. But it is not working....

angelom

May 2, 2006
Did you missed something? I think it should work as frantech had it tested on the ROM earlier:

Remember you also need to install the bled-0.1.apk and enable bLED accessibility service..

Of course I did all the procedure you described.
But it worked on my Note once in thirty (tested with missed calls)

inertiaholic

Nov 21, 2011
the first time i used bled, there was a problem. For me, the simple solution (for roms that are compatible with bled) is to just to do a full wipe and reinstall of the rom, bled.zip and bled.apk. hope this works for you.

depakjan

Feb 3, 2008
Chennai
Thanks for this, can you please add for charging also, like when you plug in the charger these will be on till you plug out, so that you know that the phone is charging without having out switch on the screen and check it..

drakal

Sep 3, 2009
Great MOD!

But don't work on rom ROMOW v1, with AbyssNote 2.1... :(

There is a fix ?

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011
Thanks for this, can you please add for charging also, like when you plug in the charger these will be on till you plug out, so that you know that the phone is charging without having out switch on the screen and check it..

Thanks for the input. Very possible -- handling will be pretty much like SMSes. I just realized that Note will turn on the screen for a moment when displaying the charging complete notification.

You will also want to to blink using different pattern for that :)

Reactions: depakjan

erichbitch

Sep 16, 2010
Germany (NRW)
Thanks for the input. Very possible -- handling will be pretty much like SMSes. I just realized that Note will turn on the screen for a moment when displaying the charging complete notification.
You will also want to to blink using different pattern for that :)

I have another idea:
Are you able to access each of the 2 LEDs or just both/none?

Because if you could control each of the two on its own that would create way more pattern options like left for calls, right for sms, both for .... left/right/... for .... :D

But before thinking to much i get back to question No.1:
Are you able to access each of the 2 LEDs on its own? :D

watch_mania

Aug 27, 2011
I have another idea:
Are you able to access each of the 2 LEDs or just both/none?

Because if you could control each of the two on its own that would create way more pattern options like left for calls, right for sms, both for .... left/right/... for .... :D

But before thinking to much i get back to question No.1:
Are you able to access each of the 2 LEDs on its own? :D

Hi erich, it can be done on Dell Streak. But unfortunately, things are much different on Note.

So unless Samsung provided a firmware binary update or something for the touchkeys that allows the LED to be lit individually, no :(

Another possibility is hacking around the board's regulators but I believe that would require much more efforts, not to mention requiring very advanced firmware reverse engineering techniques :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 14/12/2011

Watch it in action here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OojU0REhrL0.

Update 13/12/2011

bLED kernel module updated to 0.2. Should fix the random crash occuring. Not sure how many of you guys checked the dmesg and found out plenty of stack traces on 0.1 :p

Grab your copy bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip and flash with Clockworkmod. Leave the bled-0.1.apk installed as is, no update is available for that yet :)

Original post

bLED touchkey button notification for GALAXY Note, version 0.1-EA

The wait is over.

Introducing bLED, my version of blinking notification through touchkey button LEDs. It's still on its early access version 0.1, and there are still some known inconveniences or bugs. Please refer to the known problems section for more info.

After applying the patch and installing the apk, your GALAXY Note will blink any notification found on the status bar, including missed calls and (TouchWiz) SMS :cool:

This MOD has been tested on KKA kernel, but it should support all stock kernels (seems like none of custom kernels are supported). But if anything happens, you can restore with the nandroid backup of (just) your system image.

ok, unfortunatly this Mod works with none of newer FM- and Abyss-Kernels....so we have to wait for the devs implementing stock touchkey drivers.

For all ROCKET ROM Users: of course you can switch to any CF-Root Kernel and this Mod will work - but you'll lose important init.d-tweaks if you do so, cause none of chainfires kernels support init.d-scripting

I could be wrong, it could possibly be another issue rather than stock touchkey driver.

I entered the stock touchkey drivers but bled still does not work.
    At this point I do not think it's a driver issue.

And then FM 1.4 does not have the modified drivers

Prerequisites
    - You'll need a clockworkmod-enabled GALAXY Note. Some advanced users can also load the kernel module by him/herselves.

Installation
    0) Do nandroid backups!
    Will not held responsible for bricking your phone if you don't backup first :mad:

1) Install the MOD
    1.a) Download the update.zip (updated to bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip) and copy over to your SD card
    1.b) Reboot in CWM to flash the update.zip. Go to "install zip from sdcard", "choose zip from sdcard", navigate and select the bled-0.2-lkm-update.zip.
    1.c) Power off the phone, and start it again (obviously)

2) Install the bLED accessibility service
    2.a) Go to "Settings", "Applications". Tick on "Unknown Sources" option.
    2.b) Download bled-0.1.apk and install it on your phone. Don't look for it afterwards on your drawer menu as it does not contain real Activity-based application.
    2.c) Go to "Settings", "Accessibility". Tick "Accessibility" and "bLED". Just ignore the warning when ticking "bLED", as I'm not interested on your personal details :D

Lock your phone. Have missed calls, SMSes, Whatsapp messages, GMail, whatever. They're all going to be blinked by bLED :cool:

Known issue
    - Duration of blinking is currently limited to 15 minutes :rolleyes:
    - There will be several seconds of delay before it will blink sms and missed calls. It happens due to the currenlty implemented notification logic. More of a workaround instead of elegant solution. Hope will have better logic for next releases on handling them.
    - There are still some mutex locking bugs on KKA kernel. Very ironic, there seems to be some struggle to support PMIC on the currently best SoC in the world, by looking at the kernel codes.

Enjoy :D
    Dev please make it work for 4.1.2
    Im on JB LSC 4.1.2
    i look into bled for full support in AbyssNote Kernel 2.1
    no, works...

Did you discover any negative side effects on e.g. battery life?

Well I just got the kernel module working by last night and the accessibility service earlier today. Not enough time to tell yet :)

Will try blinking it tonight and see how much battery it would drain :p

But you can always disable the bLED accessibility service when you don't need it :)

Anyone with apk link problem as well?

no, works...

Did you discover any negative side effects on e.g. battery life?