*** Firmware News & Alternative Install Methods*** Ver.10.6.1.14.8 date 1405

Search This thread

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
My device was rooted, the OTA update showed up, I tried to update and got the dead Android device error, after that it wouldn't detect the update anymore so I tried the alternative of downloading it and running it off of my MicroSD card, unfortunately I only have a 64GB version (formatted FAT32) and though it would detect the update file it would fail during the install.

Just tried a 16GB MicroSD and it worked perfectly right out of the gate.
Figured it might be useful information for anyone else out there trying to do the manual update and having it fail when using a 64GB MicroSD card. :)

--Septurious

im in same position, have dead android device error
but im using a 16gb class 2 card, and still get the pic of android with its stomach open

i was rooted, but used temp root,and am still locked

can anybody advise how to do manual update as this option seems to be failing me?

tinok

Dec 22, 2008
Ich installiere grade das US Update auf meinem WW TF700 !!!
Das bedeutet wenn endlich JB für US rauskommt dann können wir das auch manuell installieren ohne ROOT!
so fertig installiert alles Sauber !!!! Tja habe jetzt zwar eine US-Version also werde ich auch nur noch US Ota Updates kriegen, aber es lief alles ohne ROOT oder WIPE ab Hammer!

habe einfach nur die XDA anleitung benutzt plus die ota update datei die ein User auf Dropbox geladen hatte
1. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
2. Rename it to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
3. Format FAT32 the MicroSD card that you will be using for the update process
4. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
5. Insert it into the tablet
6. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
7. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
8. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button until you see Android logo and process bar
9. Wait patiently for 10 minutes or so
10. Enjoy!

hoffe für alle Update willigen die es nicht erwarten konnten wie ich geholfen zu haben

v_droid31

Sep 15, 2010
Firmware update failure

I got a notification today that new firmware is available. I went on to install it. However, it failed and after restarting the device, I cannot see it anymore in the OTA settings.
Could this be because I removed CMClient.apk ?

fcan

Jun 21, 2012
I got the WW update just five minutes ago :)
uploadfromtaptalk1348145836621.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Same story for me - WW firmware, got notice, tried to update, then it failed (possibly because of /system modifications), now it doesn't show up, which makes me wonder how the OTA updates are managed, as they are supposed to come in batches based on IMEI.

HeartWare42

Jul 17, 2012
Bagsværd
www.heartware.dk
I just got it as well, but before I install it, I'd like to save the file(s) necessary for others to do offline update. I have found the /cache/dlpkgfile and saved it, but was wondering if there are other files that need to be saved before I apply the update.

Anyone?

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
I just got it as well, but before I install it, I'd like to save the file(s) necessary for others to do offline update. I have found the /cache/dlpkgfile and saved it, but was wondering if there are other files that need to be saved before I apply the update.

Anyone?

Yes, that should be it. If you could upload it, that would be very helpful. I've tried looking there after it failed, as I forgot it reboots without asking (I haven't done it for a while), so too late..

Here's why mine failed:

Verifying current system...
failed to stat "/system/app/CMClient.apk": No such file or directory
file "/system/app/CMClient.apk" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/CMClient.apk",

BTW, as the scripts tries to run this command:

Code:
Command: "recovery" "--update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile"

I wonder if it could work without dd or booting into recovery, let's find out when we have the blob.

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Seems there should be a command file in /cache/recovery/ with it.
(doesn't work as a flashable .zip for me; I still need to recover some deleted .apks from /system/app)

Edit: It seems command file is a text file which should just read:
--update_package=/cache/dlpkgfile

Last edited:

Kalipok

Jul 28, 2012
Oops ! The OTA update failed ! I guess I should have unfrost those systems apps after all... And maybe recovered the original build.prop file too :p

Anyway ! How do we find out why the update failed ? Is there any hidden log file somewhere ?

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Yes, there is one in /cache/recovery/
In my case it was both missing apks in /system/app/ and non-stock build.prop. Just recover these and copy dlpkgfile and recovery/command to /cache/, then boot into recovery (it deletes these files every time, so in case it fails remember to copy it again before restart, it will save you some time).

BTW, RL Benchmark gives me 87-98 instead of ~60 sec, this is disappointing so far (cfq scheduler).

Last edited:

Vippo321

Jan 25, 2010
Nové Zámky
Mine also crashed during update. I have deleted some preinstalled apps from asus and I have rooted device. But the worst thing is I don´t know how to recover those missing apps, omg.
Sorry I didn´t saw the post above, so I take a try. thx

Last edited:

Kalipok

Jul 28, 2012
Thank you ! :good:
The build.prop file is guilty ! I'll try what you told me later... Again : Thanks :good:

Edit : it worked perfectly !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Tenth update for the Infinity is out 29/05 Version 10.6.1.14.8-20130514 4.2.1 :good: (Versions can be downloaded from the link)

Release Notes to follow

Direct Link for Download (link now live)

http://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_Infinity_TF700T/#support

To Install the download file follow bellow.

Unzip the initial file you have downloaded. It will unzip into another .zip file actually.
    Now copy that zip file to a microsd card's root, and insert the card into your tablet.
    You will see a notification icon in the taskbar that there is an update detected, click that notification and it will update your tablet

Alternative Firmware update Method

1. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
    2. Rename it to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
    3. Format FAT32 the MicroSD card that you will be using for the update process
    4. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
    5. Insert it into the tablet
    6. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
    7. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
    8. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button until you see Android logo and process bar
    9. Wait patiently for 10 minutes or so
    10. Enjoy!

Also remember that you will probably need to use RootKeeper to regain root privileges and reinstall BusyBox too (firmware update changes the /system partition).

Thankyou to d14b0ll0s

Right, I tried this and discussed it further with d14b0ll0s. I just couldn't get it to work.
    I already have the .22 CN version pre-installed. I tried WW, US and TW but none would work. Once I enter recovery it just can't find the update files.
    It's irritating me that I can't use any of the Google apps including the Play Store, and the rest of the apps I have are mostly in Chinese.

If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it.

Hello ...

download the update file (TW or WW or whatever you want) from the ASUS download page.
    You have to decompress the ZIP File. Then you have the actual update ZIP file (TW_epad-user-9.4.5.22.zip or WW_epad-user-9.4.5.22.zip).
    You have to rename the File to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip" (Important: write big!) and copy the File to the root of a FAT32 formated microSD Card and insert the same into your Tab.
    Now, reboot into recovery and the update install will begin without any verification of Software Version. After the update, your Data and Programms are still there.
    I had installed the WW Version on a TW and it runs perfect.

I hope i understand your problem correct and could help you ... and sorry for my bad English.

Greetings Andy
    Is it just me wondering this, or why are they releasing a firmware update that updates Google apps?

Isn't that what the Play Store is for?

The only thing I'm looking forward to is getting Jelly Bean eventually :)

Agreed. I wish it didn't include G+ at all really. No intentions of using it.

You can however disable built-in apps!
    - go to control-panel/apps
    - select all
    - uninstall any updates for the app you hate/want to remove
    - now that app is clean/original you can click "disable"

App should now not be listed anymore and playstore will no longer search for updates on it (or atleast should not).
    The first update for the infinity is out version V9.4.5.22

attached the change log :D

it is the tw version at the moment the ww version should be out in a few days

++ OTA update to 9.4.5.22 now out for ww 13th July ++
    Firmware Update V9.4.5.22 for specific regions has been officially released:
    JP - Japan
    CN - China
    US - United States
    WW - Presuming for Europe region
    TW - Taiwan
    http ://support .asus .com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T&p=20&s=16