[Q] can't flash AOSP ROMS

Search This thread

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
Just updated my TWRP to 2.4 and did what you suggested with the wiping and same problem.

The Samsung Galaxy screen glitches to half way off the screen, then goes off, then comes back on then the whole thing goes black and nothing.

I'm going to try another rom and see if it still does it as well.

First off use this zip: http://get.cm/get/8Kd (Latest nightly as of 6/24/13 for the Verizon Note 2)

Make sure you are on the latest TWRP (Latest version is 2.5.0.1, not 2.4).

Wipe System/Cache/Data before installing the ROM. No need to do anything afterwards.

Do not install any kernels, at least until you know it boots fine without them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just ran into something very interesting . When I installed Rom Manager and flashed the CWM recovery, I rebooted and my boot screen did the exact same thing it was doing installing AOSP roms. It would seem my problem may just be CWM.

I've heard too many issues with cwm to even try it. Twrp has been flawless for me so why switch? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    The Note 2 that couldn't...

Even with another ROM it doesn't seem to want to work. It's really weird, because any Touchwiz ROM works fine, it only does it on AOSP roms..... I'm hoping someone knows what the fix for this is.

Odin to stock then re unlock and try this all again? I'm not sure what else you can try. I flip between aosp and tw almost daily

in my experience, you need to do a factory wipe again AFTER you install or you will get a bootloop.

I think CM10.1 mentions that in their install process.
    Just ran into something very interesting . When I installed Rom Manager and flashed the CWM recovery, I rebooted and my boot screen did the exact same thing it was doing installing AOSP roms. It would seem my problem may just be CWM.