[Q] HELP! F180 Not booting/Red LED blinking problem

Search This thread

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
www.itman.philwebsite.com
Hi mates. I have a weird problem. Just last night I am restoring a Nandroid Backup of VANIR ROM for geehrc, which DONT have a problem with my phone. When suddenly after booting and showing the lockscreen, the phone becomes unresponsive and after a few seconds, turns off. After that, It wont boot, even fastboot or recovery wont show up. Even tried the hard reset combo, but to no avail. Download mode works, but I have not tried to flash KDZ yet. Also when I plug in the charger, LG logo shows up then a blank grayish screen, then a battery icon with charging animation, plus a label that says 0% charging. I leave it for about 4 hours, thinking that the phone might just depleted the battery. But still it wont turn on. When I turn it on while plugged in, the LED blinks in red color. The blinking is continuous. What seems to be the problem? Is it hardware or software issue? Please help me guys! :crying:

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
Im really loosing my hope reviving my device. Tried different methods from the web. I just flashed KDZ, but the phone keeps flashing the LG logo when plugged in. When I unplug the charger, and power on the phone, nothing happens! Damn. Can anyone give an insight on what might cause the problem? Thanks in advance!

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Sorry to hear about your troubles! Honestly, I have no idea what could have caused this, but if I had the same issue, and nothing worked as you described, I would probably crack the phone open, disconnect the battery and just let it sit for a day or so. Then reconnect it, and try powering up again (might need to charge it first). Who knows whether it helps or not, but it definitely wouldn't hurt, and you don't seem to have a lot of options right now...

It's interesting that the download mode still works. The common wisdom says that you should be good after flashing stock KDZ, but your experience shows otherwise...

Last edited:
Reactions: MitoTakatori

mark_vyz

Jan 5, 2013
i've experienced it before. It happen due to your battery is out of charge. What i do is, i open the case, pullout battery and install back.
After that i charge the phone. And voila...charge is on..and my hp on too. :good:

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
Sorry to hear about your troubles! Honestly, I have no idea what could have caused this, but if I had the same issue, and nothing worked as you described, I would probably crack the phone open, disconnect the battery and just let it sit for a day or so. Then reconnect it, and try powering up again (might need to charge it first). Who knows whether it helps or not, but it definitely wouldn't hurt, and you don't seem to have a lot of options right now...

It's interesting that the download mode still works. The common wisdom says that you should be good after flashing stock KDZ, but your experience shows otherwise...

Thanks for your feedback! It's really weird. I have flashed 3 KDZ's already. From Original F180K to E975. Nothing. Other option I have aside cracking it open is returning it to the seller fro check up. But that's the last resort. I suspect something got "unglued" while I am using it. Since the device got really hot before it happened.

mark_vyz

Jan 5, 2013
I just removed for a second and put it back. Most probably due to battery not fit. So i just retighten it.

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Will definitely try this.
Should you go ahead with it, and in case you've never opened an OG before, just a little advice... It's not difficult, but you need to watch for a couple of things:

1. Make sure you remove the SIM tray BEFORE removing the back cover.
2. Start opening it from the bottom (after removing two screws), and work your way along the sides to the top. When putting it back together, go in reverse (top to bottom).
3. Be careful around the SIM slot and the buttons when prying the cover open -- it's easy to break a thin "bridge" on the side of the cover. Just don't push on those areas.
4. When putting the cover back on, it might be a bit tricky to hold power and volume buttons in position. The easy trick is to use a piece of scotch tape on the outside, so they don't fall in.

Good luck!

Last edited:

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
Should you go ahead with it, and in case you've never opened an OG before, just a little advice... It's not difficult, but you need to watch for a couple of things:

2. Start opening it from the bottom (after removing two screws), and work your way along the sides to the top. When putting it back together, go in reverse (top to bottom).
3. Be careful around the SIM slot and the buttons when prying the cover open -- it's easy to break a thin "bridge" on the side of the cover. Just don't push on those areas.
4. When putting the cover back on, it might be a bit tricky to hold power and volume buttons in position. The easy trick is to use a piece of scotch tape on the outside, so they don't fall in.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the tip! Actually I already opened it, only problem left is the battery. How can I remove it?

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Thanks a lot for the tip! Actually I already opened it, only problem left is the battery. How can I remove it?
I wouldn't suggest actually removing the battery, unless you absolutely have to. It's mounted by a double-sided adhesive tape, so taking it out is a bit tricky. My idea was just to disconnect it. You need to undo two screws that secure the power connector, right below the camera flash. The screws are under the plastic tape, just peel it off. When you remove those screws, carefully pull the connector up. That's it. Check the contacts for any signs of damage or corrosion, and clean up as needed. When reconnecting it, push firmly to make sure it sits properly.

MitoTakatori

Jul 20, 2013
Quezon City
I wouldn't suggest actually removing the battery, unless you absolutely have to. It's mounted by a double-sided adhesive tape, so taking it out is a bit tricky. My idea was just to disconnect it. You need to undo two screws that secure the power connector, right below the camera flash. The screws are under the plastic tape, just peel it off. When you remove those screws, carefully pull the connector up. That's it. Check the contacts for any signs of damage or corrosion, and clean up as needed. When reconnecting it, push firmly to make sure it sits properly.

Nice tip again! Thanks! Now I don't have remove the battery. Only problem left is finding the small philips screw driver. Haha. Hoping that this solve the problem. If not, bye LGOG. :(

2nd Sky

Jun 15, 2013
My City
hi, same problem... but i must search at home if i can find a tool to open the screw... i only have - and + in this size and didnt work :D i miss my phone :(((

2nd Sky

Jun 15, 2013
My City
ok. worked for me fine! Thanks!

now 80% battery instead of 0% :D :D :D very cool
and now i know how it looks into the phone :) very good working LG... :)

Mumtaz386

Nov 29, 2015
No more charge stuck on 0% sulation

when I plug in the charger, LG logo shows up then a blank grayish screen, then a battery icon with charging animation, plus a label that says 0% charging. I leave it for about 4 hours, thinking that the phone might just depleted the battery. But still it wont turn on.
SOLUTIONS:
1st take battery out of cell.
Leave in direct sun light for 1 hrs.
Clean battery pin with soft brush.
Charge battry manualy by Desktop charger about 2 to 3 hrs.
Put battery back in phone and start charging.
It will done Insha ALLAH.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i've experienced it before. It happen due to your battery is out of charge. What i do is, i open the case, pullout battery and install back.
    After that i charge the phone. And voila...charge is on..and my hp on too. :good:
    Will definitely try this.

Good luck!
    Thanks for all the helm mates! My LGOG is back in action!! Thanks again! :laugh: :good: