Multiwindow concept

Search This thread
G

GuestK00372

@XpLoDWilD how's this? Looking forward to your comments

Swipe gesture here is not what action launcher offers. It's different, please check it out.

And enumerate the issues that can still persist in this kind of implementation, i will keep drawing till i get it right and easier for the not so techy people.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390669167579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390669167579.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,452
G

GuestK00372

The app clicked appears "split in that half of the screen" of which the appdrawer has been swiped out.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

G

GuestK00372

Not sure what I'm looking at here, should these menus be always accessible? In which case it's a no-go, considering the number of apps having swipe-from-the-edge gestures.

Ok got your point. Thanks again for pointing out my mistake.

But here i is my take:-

##**Have this swipe gesture only in the 'recent apps screen'. ##**

In recents screen, 2 hotspot on left edge, upper and lower half.

1.Press recents> 2.swipe from edge in the half you want your new app> vertical continual scrollable app drawer appears( like the old launcher pro)> 3.click app. Done

Easy and i hope awesome. Just 3 steps accessible from all screens, all apps, all phones?

See i am trying so hard everyday because the basic problem in omni current implementation is that app should be in recents app. If it's not been open yet, or if it has been swiped off to clear ram, then imagine the number of steps in the currents method to open app in split view.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

G

GuestK00372

In recent apps screen, just like we have clear all apps button, we can add 2 new buttons ( no swipe gesture)
After that the same steps as above. In whichever half you click app drawer appears and then split app appears there.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390723893507.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390723893507.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2012
In recent apps screen, just like we have clear all apps button, we can add 2 new buttons ( no swipe gesture)
After that the same steps as above. In whichever half you click app drawer appears and then split app appears there.

I personally like this idea here:
Instead of necessary buttons and shortcuts that are easy to accidentally trigger, just use the multitasking screen itself to long-press an app and then drag it to one side of the screen. Then maybe have two buttons that only appear in multitasking mode, either on the top left and bottom left or on the app preview to remove the app from multitasking. But that's just my idea.

G

GuestK00372

I personally like this idea here:
Instead of necessary buttons and shortcuts that are easy to accidentally trigger, just use the multitasking screen itself to long-press an app and then drag it to one side of the screen. Then maybe have two buttons that only appear in multitasking mode, either on the top left and bottom left or on the app preview to remove the app from multitasking. But that's just my idea.

hmm i liked the video as well. but i've always disliked the idea of the app necessarily being already in recents. people always swipe off all recent app to clear RAM.

Odraci

Feb 29, 2012
Chennai
OnePlus 3T
Moto G6
Just a thought!

Would it be possible to combine halo with multi-window? I know that they don't play well together but I am thinking something along the lines of a mashup. Halo is good at managing notifications in immersive mode but does not give a true multi-tasking environment. Multi-window clearly is the winner when it comes to multitasking but not as good as halo in handling notifications.

Imagine when you receive a notification in immersive mode through halo and when actioned on, it does not open a floating window (which is the case now) but resizes the current window and opens the new one as a split (also making it the active one and pausing the activity in the other one if there is a need to).

Just a thought. I am not a coder and have no idea how much of a pain in the arse this would be but it would be a combination of two of the most innovative features that are currently available on customs ROMs.

lionelia

Aug 20, 2011
Nemours
Why not make it simple?
Why splitting main desktop window?
Every laucher allow many virtual desktop windows, so why not putting on app per window and switching between apps by swypping left-right?
It should be possible as KDE linux do it since many years now.
I am not a dev, but in my mind this should be easyer than floating multiwindows (no needs to resize).
It would be just awesome to have multitasking with full size display. :good:

Reactions: Odraci

hotrodwinston

For Multi window app selection why not just put a small button on the far left edge of the Nav bar? Allow the user to set a few favorites in a drawer with a option of an app drawer to select any app (see the application drawer option in gravity box) While I understand this will only work on devices with on screen nav keys I see it as the most natural option for those devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure what I'm looking at here, should these menus be always accessible? In which case it's a no-go, considering the number of apps having swipe-from-the-edge gestures.
    Why not make it simple?
    Why splitting main desktop window?
    Every laucher allow many virtual desktop windows, so why not putting on app per window and switching between apps by swypping left-right?
    It should be possible as KDE linux do it since many years now.
    I am not a dev, but in my mind this should be easyer than floating multiwindows (no needs to resize).
    It would be just awesome to have multitasking with full size display. :good: