Does a 128GB micro sd card work on these devices?

Search This thread

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
They do not work on the Note 2014. I have tried three cards in both exFAT and FAT32. None work with the 2014, but work fine in other tablets and my S4. They show up if you reboot, but vanish again when the device goes into sleep mode. Need a reboot for it to be seen again. Not a good scenario for battery life.

Last edited:

Dirtbag_Jim

Jun 6, 2012
Yes

Be careful, buy SanDisk Ultra

They do not work on the Note 2014. I have tried three cards in both exFAT and FAT32. None work with the 2014, but work fine in other tablets and my S4. They show up if you reboot, but vanish again when the device goes into sleep mode. Need a reboot for it to be seen again. Not a good scenario for battery life.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Be careful, buy SanDisk Ultra

Yep. I have three of them bought from Amazon Direct over the past two months. $127 each counting tax. I have one in my V11 5130 and one in my S4. Working great. I got a third one fully expecting it to work in the Note. The same card that does not work in the Note works fine with the S4, Shield, V11 and even the Excite 7.7.

The Note sees the card and works with it when you reboot and then vanishes when in sleep mode and woke up- every time. Needs a reboot to see it again. This is not a card issue, but a device issue. Also if you unmount when you do reboot, remounting or plugging the card back in results in "card damaged", which it is not.

No cheapo rip offs here and is why I do not purchase from eBay or Amazon third parties.

Update: For kicks I tried again with the card in the S4. The S4 card works in the Note now and the Note card works in the S4.... Strange. All cards work in the S4, but only one works in the Note. Both exFAT and FAT32 were tested.

That card failed to work as well. Lame squared.

Last edited: