[Guide] Unlocking bootloader on operator branded phones via omnius

Search This thread

rbl

Aug 16, 2009
Hi,
Can I unlock my LT18i (12W22) by Omnius?

Wysyłane z mojego LT18i za pomocą Tapatalk 2

berturion

Feb 12, 2011
Bordeaux
can i unlock my lt18i ? with bootloader unlock allowed: no

Yes, that was my case and this payed method is the ONLY ONE available for Arc S phones that have "bootloader unlock allowed: no" (for the moment ?).

This method is also recommended for those who want to keep there DRM keys even if there bootloader is marked as "unlock allowed : yes".

My story :
I bought an "Omnius Single Android Unlock licence" on gsmserver (because there was a sale and it was the less expensive one I found). You do not need to create an account on Omnius before buying the licence because, the licence you buy gives you the id and the pass to use with Omnius software (it is also possible to change both of them after purchase, I did this).

The instructions given by the Omnius software are very clear but, as noob as I am, I failed to follow them and 4th time was the good one. When you fail, the process simply stop in the middle, so you just have to cancel and try it again.

Your licence is consumed once you succeed (I did not buy 4 licences :silly: !), and you see that very quickly on the log that the Omnius Software shows you on screen.

But I don't know if this "Omnius Single Android Unlock licence" does SIM unlock. Previously, before buying that licence and applying Omnius Unlock, I entered the unlock code officially provided by my previous mobile telephone operator.

Now,
I confirm that my phone shows : "bootloader unlock allowed: yes"
I confirm that this method preserve the DRM keys so you are able to run Track ID, Wise Pilot, etc...
I installed stock firmwares, as well as other custom roms and kernels with no problem (not AOKP or CM yet because HDMI is unavailable with it).

I also read somewhere that NOT TO USE OFFICIAL SONY SOFTWARE UPDATE BECAUSE YOUR BOOTLOADER WILL BE RE-LOCKED.
So... I didn't try and I can't see the benefit to do this as Sony stock firmwares are available on Xda forums => it's not a problem at all.

Hope this helps.

and i dont have access to fastboot mode
Did you try fastboot 9.7.0 ?
Did you turn "MTP mode" on ?
Did you enable "USB Debugging" ?

Last edited:

Thises

Mar 22, 2012
Nice
Nvidia Shield
Smart Watches
succeeded

Hello Thank for the Thread,
I succeeded unlocking the bootloader of my Xperias arc S (LT18i)!
I only had a problem when connecting the usb cable to the device: the device driver installation didn't succeed and I had to go through the device manager to install it manualy:
* commands below are approximate because translated from french: my system is in French*
1. locate the device in error called QHSUSB_DLOAD (easy, there is a ! sign)
2. right click on it and choose 'update the driver'
3 choose locate the driver on the computer and go to this location (if installation by default):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Omnius for SE\Drivers\USB Flash v2.2.0.5
4. Click next.
One done, it succeeded smoothly.

Hope this can help.

berturion

Feb 12, 2011
Bordeaux
can i unlock lt18i sim-locked, production date 12w25 ??
thx for reply

I think the best way to check that is to install Omnius for SE (downloaded from Omnius official site) and plug your phone in your pc. You do not need to purchase anything to do this. I remember that Omnius will detect your phone version and is able to know if it is possible to unlock bootloader or not.
Give it a try.

manfio

Jul 4, 2011
Leiria
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
i cant unlock with omnius :S

xfNPe.jpg

i give that error :S

is anyone can help me please...

my phone is xperia mini pro, and i want unlock bootloader :S

dimitars84

Jun 29, 2009
This guide was very good. I successfully unlocked the bootloader (from allowed: no to allowed: yes) and flash custom kernels.

I have two questions:
1. if I lock the bootloader do I have to pay to unlock it again?
2. can I use SEUS with unlocked bootloader? (I want to use repair section)

dimitars84

Jun 29, 2009
This guide was very good. I successfully unlocked the bootloader (from allowed: no to allowed: yes) and flash custom kernels.

I have two questions:
1. if I lock the bootloader do I have to pay to unlock it again?
2. can I use SEUS with unlocked bootloader? (I want to use repair section)

I found answers by myself :).
1. bootloader cannot be relocked
2. SEUS works fine, you can update and repair FW without a problem.

sajeel

Mar 11, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 6T
unlock help ?

i have a sony erricson lt18i with 11w 45 it will connect to pc fine in normal mode, currently locked on 3 =, want to remove simlock and update bootloader so i can root and flash. I have purchased credit to unlock, everytime i attempt to connect it crashes pc and i have to reboot i have omnius v1.4.1, ggsetup-3.0.0.1, pc is windows xp sp3, any ideas the phone enters recovers mode a icon is diplayed in system tray then pc crashes ?

Thanks

foxvengeor

Nov 20, 2008
Need help guys.

I try to walk with Omnius testpoint method.
Omnius was ready. I have put the testpoint there or he requested touching the metallic shell that holds the sim card for the ground.
I then turned the phone that vibrated and connected the cable.
Unfortunately nothing has changed as Omnius.

And in terms of my phone it unbootable now. We see sony xperia and then it reboots.

invertedskull

Apr 15, 2010
Melbourne
I'm in a similar situation to the above post by foxengeor...

I downloaded Omnius, bought some credits, got my username and password, loaded up Omnius, entered my username and password, selected Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, then went to Unlock > Bootloader.
Omnius was ready and waiting, I used a paperclip on the test point, pressed the power button, removed paperclip from test point, plugged USB into phone, and nothing happens.

This is rather annoying since I did fork over money for this. And my credits will go to waste unless I get this to work (within 24 hours I'm guessing). But at least the Arc is still bootable and working so far. I just haven't been able to unlock the BL. :(

EDIT: I got it to work! WOOOOO! Ok, for anyone reading this who also has a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (LT15a), I would like you to know that in Omnius, in the list of devices, it DOES NOT SHOW the "LT15a". Near the top of the list there is a "LT15" and near the bottom of the list there is an "Xperia arc". I was using the "Xperia arc" without any success. Then I tried the "LT15" EVEN THOUGH this Arc is a LT15a. Once I changed it to "LT15" Windows started looking for new drivers. Someone further up in this thread wrote about manually changing the drivers, so I did that too. And then it worked! read on...

Omnius started doing it's thing (see screenshots below). And then it told me to unplug cable and battery, which I did. Then I replaced em, booted Arc up as normal, went to the dialer, typed *#*#7378423#*#*, and in Service Info > Configuration, at the bottom where it USED to say "Rooting status: Bootloader unlock allowed: No" it now says "Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes"

Also, I can confirm that the SIM is now unlocked too!

Here's the screenshot...

Attachments

• Omnius_SE_Arc_LT15_LT15a.jpg
    Omnius_SE_Arc_LT15_LT15a.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

If you have a locked bootloader on a branded phone (for example, from Rogers) normal BL (bootloader) unlocking methods will not work. Fortunately, there is a way to unlock your bootloader - it will, however, cost money.

I have a very good experience with Omnius. The program is simple and fast, and the whole process of unlocking the bootloader took less than 3 minutes. Here is how I did it:

go to Omnius downloads, and download Omnius for SE.
    Install it. The installation includes all the drivers you need for this process.

Now you need to purchase credits. You can use any of the re-sellers listed here. I personally used GSMServer single unlock licence for 19 USD.

After about a day, you will get an email with username and password. This is your new Omnius account that has enough credits for one unlock. (I am not sure if it is only for BL unlock or also for SIM unlock.. It definitely works for BL unlock though.)

1. Now start Omnius. In the upper left corner choose your SE model.

2. In the server settings, enter the username and password you got from the reseller of your choice.

3.Next click on "Unlock", and select "Unlock bootloader". A picture guide appears that is super easy to follow - it tells you where the test point is, what to do, what to press, when to remove battery, everything. Few seconds later, your bootloader is unlocked!

Hope this worked for you guys!!

(I am in no way affiliated with Omnius, or any resellers listed on their website. I am simply summing up my experience, as I know that BL unlocking for branded phones is a bit of a problem. I hope I did not break any XDA rules by posting a guide involving a paid service!)
    Rooting doesn't void your warranty. Only unlocking your bootloader voids it.

Swyped from my SE Xperia arc (LT15i) using Tapatalk 2
    it seems any xperia that is newer than 12W14 cannot be unlocked by OMNIUS.