[ROOT][TOOL]Qemu automated root [09/18/2012]

Search This thread

PMcHargue

Aug 21, 2012
Not for me. ADB still won't recognize it.

Try this. Under the 'android-sdk' directory placed when you installed the Android SDK, (you did install that, yes?) locate & select the 'tools' directory. From Windows 7, hold down <shift> on the keyboard, and right click on the 'tools' sub-directory. Select 'Open Command Window Here' to open a command prompt in the 'tools' sub-directory.

In the command window, type "android update adb" (no quotes)

This should cause the SDK to refresh it's list of connected devices, which will update the '.INI' file if it detected the device. If it didn't detect the device, you're still boned.

Pat

Z_Black

May 13, 2011
www.zlbphotography.com
Was able to get it, and this method worked great once I was able to get the device detected. Had to uninstall the Kindle drivers once, and after the reinstall it showed up as a composite device. Thanks for the easy rooting method, perfect for novices like myself.

Last edited:

jocueto

Sep 23, 2012
How i can check if the kindle is rooted? What Appear on the cmd windows? daemon started succesfully?

Z_Black

May 13, 2011
www.zlbphotography.com
I am far from an expert on this, but if you are using this method here, once you believe the process is finished, you should see the SuperUser app in your app list on the device itself.

spliter200

Jun 11, 2010
help

i keep getting daemon daemon not running starting on port 5037 daemon started successfully, then nothing happens? anyone know the problem. kindle fire hd i just got it today from best buy

then i tried in my laptop and it says ADB drivers failed to installed properly to install them manually. so it does not work in my desktop nor laptop.

Last edited:

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
i keep getting daemon daemon not running starting on port 5037 daemon started successfully, then nothing happens? anyone know the problem. kindle fire hd i just got it today from best buy

then i tried in my laptop and it says ADB drivers failed to installed properly to install them manually. so it does not work in my desktop nor laptop.

I had the same problem. You should install ADB tools. Just gooogle it. After that put an .ini file in specific folder. And after that it will work.
As for the messege you get from your PC, it is ok. I got this messege too, but the drivers are ok.

Originally Posted by Strothmann
Thanks for the tip

"C:\Users\<your username>\.android\adb_usb.ini"

now hjas the line in it,
"# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.
0x1949"

worked!

spliter200

Jun 11, 2010
help

I had the same problem. You should install ADB tools. Just gooogle it. After that put an .ini file in specific folder. And after that it will work.
As for the messege you get from your PC, it is ok. I got this messege too, but the drivers are ok.

Originally Posted by Strothmann
Thanks for the tip

now hjas the line in it,
0x1949"

worked!

wow i am a total noob i downloaded from the internet but i dont know what to do with it.

spliter200

Jun 11, 2010
wow i am a total noob i downloaded from the internet but i dont know what to do with it.

never mind i did follow the manual way using the cmd, i had to several times install and uninstall the drivers. finally it worked and i got it rooted. now i have installed the android market. download the youtube app and several games from the marked and they worked fine. thanks for the tutorial on how to root the kindle fire hd.

Reactions: lthlongcd

motopig

Dec 30, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Root didn't quite work for me. :(

It did push the su binary to the right place, but Superuser was installed as a user app, not a system app. That could be the problem.

End result is neither terminal emulator nor AdAway nor Superuser itself can gain root.

I'm going to try to root manually again tonight and see what happens.

Can you also make a version with SuperSU instead? :D

EDIT: Updated to firmware 7.1.5 before rooting the first time.

motopig

Dec 30, 2009
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Now I am fully rooted.

The $HOME/.android/adb_usb.ini trick does work under Linux. I needed to do it to get my KFHD recognized by adb under Linux. I also needed to start adb as root for some reason.

Fortunately su from an adb shell still worked, so I was able to put the superuser (SuperSU) into /system/app where it belongs.

I have also changed over to SuperSU and put a few useful apps in.

I never registered mine, although I do have an amazon account (I think :D) Maybe because of this I never saw any ads. :D :D

Pirub

Nov 15, 2011

You need to first make sure Enable ADB is on via Security in the KFHD settings menu.

Then I unplugged, re-install drivers, reboot.

Then I ran the bat file and it went through a lengthy process of reboots, and, in the end, i was rooted.

Last edited:

Misfit77

Mar 31, 2011
You need to first make sure Enable ADB is on via Security in the KFHD settings menu.

Then I unplugged, re-install drivers, reboot.

Then I ran the bat file and it went through a lengthy process of reboots, and, in the end, i was rooted.

I have tried multiple reboots, reinstalls, etc. and still cannot get this damn thing to show up when I type adb devices ina command window. When I run the .bat file it just hangs at "daemon started successfully"

My device does show up as an adb device in Device Manager. I have my adb enabled on my device. I installed the android sdk as well as I also attempted to root manually. Absolutely nothing has worked.

Can anyone who's had the same issues give me some advice?

N

Nardholio

I could not get it to work. Finally downloaded the SDK and tried the drivers from there. Drivers in OP gave me unsigned driver error, but the ones from the SDK installed smooth and my computer recognized it after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shellton

May 19, 2012
Me too,
have my adb enabled on my device. I installed the android SDK as well I re-installed Kindle Fire ADB drivers many times and I also have adb_usb and

# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
0x1949

in it.

Everything seems to be OK but when I try to root I get the message that I must install adb first

Shellton

May 19, 2012
Me too,
have my adb enabled on my device. I installed the android SDK as well I re-installed Kindle Fire ADB drivers many times and I also have adb_usb and

# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
0x1949

in it.

Everything seems to be OK but when I try to root I get the message that I must install adb first

Well tries with another PC and seems it worked and I have Superuser in app list but the problem is apply any launcher :( any idea ?

Last edited:

Misfit77

Mar 31, 2011
I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

got it. My file,

now hjas the line in it,
0x1949"

And that allowed ADB to see the KFHD7

I can't find that "adb_usb.ini" file anywhere. Where is it supposed to be? Can I add it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will root your device based on my qemu local.prop root method.

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootQemu.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your device, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

A video with how to do this is available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=31728742

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
    Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC
    Latest Supported Versions:
    v7.1.5

Recent user reported supported version
    v7.2.1
    sy5amanu.jpg

just rooted my kindle fire hd 7.2.3 with the german guide :)

zipping the ready to use files if anyone wants them ?

btw guide used http://www.dreamcodes.biz/text/?id=2152&s=read

download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11026514/Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17_dreamcodes.zip
    Can you tell me your solution? I just purchased two blacklisted HD's, and they're on 7.2.3

First I had to execute Runme.bat from root_with_restore_by_bin4ry_v17.zip

This allows QemuRoot to install root.
    I haven't even started the rooting process yet. Been reading up as much as I can in the different threads. I have KFHD7 with 7.3.1. So far in all of the threads, I've read that 7.3.1 had the exploit corrected an could not be rooted. However, none of the sticky topics mention it, so I've been looking for a post confirming this OS version as being successfully rooted.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

I am pretty sure it is
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2243949

Download the current root with restore.

http://www.schwantz-i.org/root-with-restore-by-bin4ry.html