NBH Editor v4.1.2

Search This thread

tmcfarland

Nov 26, 2007
Hi Loserskater, many thanks for this editor. I have a POLA100 and used the editor to change the panel type of the most recent DZO Polaris kernel from 3 to 1. I can install a new rom, and have tried several, but when I get to the "touch the android to begin" screen, the screen does not respond to touch. When I tried an older kernel this morning, from before DZO stopped creating various versions of his kernels for various panel types, the screen does respond to touch and I am able to use the phone normally. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong in the editor when trying to change panel types? Thanks for your help!

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Hi Loserskater, many thanks for this editor. I have a POLA100 and used the editor to change the panel type of the most recent DZO Polaris kernel from 3 to 1. I can install a new rom, and have tried several, but when I get to the "touch the android to begin" screen, the screen does not respond to touch. When I tried an older kernel this morning, from before DZO stopped creating various versions of his kernels for various panel types, the screen does respond to touch and I am able to use the phone normally. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong in the editor when trying to change panel types? Thanks for your help!

Try using an NBH from the same day as the one that is working but with a different panel type. Then try changing it to the correct panel and see if it still works. If it doesn't let me know and I'll see if I can find anything.

tmcfarland

Nov 26, 2007
Try using an NBH from the same day as the one that is working but with a different panel type. Then try changing it to the correct panel and see if it still works. If it doesn't let me know and I'll see if I can find anything.

It appears that my problem is with the touch screen driver rather than the editor - I tried a number of different kernels this morning in order to narrow it down. Editor worked great, including the pppnostart which is a very welcome addition for me. Many thanks!

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Small update.

(7-1-10)
Now when saving, it sets the file as VOGUIMG, KAISIMG, or POLAIMG.
Added HW3D text for Froyo. It's the same for Eclair but might be less confusing for some people.
Added ability to change system/data partition for Kaiser and Polaris. Just one other option but it's a start.
NOTE: The first option is the standard one that we've been using from the start. It doesn't look like it but it is.

scooter1556

Feb 13, 2008
Bristol
Loving this application, very handy. Just thought i'd ask a few questions, i was wondering if it would be possible to change the overclock feature so you can assign your own overclock figure maybe with a limit of 500 so it doesn't become unstable. Also with regards to the new partition size feature, i'm guessing your plan is to allow this to be fully customisable in the future? Out of interest, does the system actually get bigger after the initial install or do all apps, messages etc.. get stored in data? If this is the case it would be great to be able to change the system partition to a size which best suited the build your using. Thanks for your work, great stuff. Working well in wine too!

loserskater

Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA
(7-5-10)
Added support for Froyo for both Vogue and Kaiser.
Will post new update when Polaris gets figured out.
The "reading" system when opening froyo NBH's will be a little off (e.g. things not selected that should be), just select what you need to select and it will work out fine.
Also disabled altering system/data partitions until I get it working better.
Cleaned up some excess code.

SuperJMN

Mar 4, 2007
Ciudad Real
superjmn.wordpress.com
HW3D for Polaris?

Hi everybody! I've seen that it's possible for the moment to set Froyo HW3D only to Kaiser and Vogue. I'm a Polaris owner and I wonder what benefits could I with this setting once it's implemented.

fldash

Jun 26, 2008
Anyway to change button layout with this editor? Really would like to remap power so I'm not using two wires coming out the top of my phone...

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
im just trying to make a froyo .nbh 320x480

I don't think 320x480 will work with the new Froyo kernels. Part of saving the 11Mb was that we need less video ram because of the smaller screen. Running 320x480 likely requires more RAM. I think it may be possible to create a 320x480 kernel that still gains 7Mb memory instead of gaining 11Mb but why use HVGA with wrong aspect ratio on an QVGA device?

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
I don't think 320x480 will work with the new Froyo kernels. Part of saving the 11Mb was that we need less video ram because of the smaller screen. Running 320x480 likely requires more RAM. I think it may be possible to create a 320x480 kernel that still gains 7Mb memory instead of gaining 11Mb but why use HVGA with wrong aspect ratio on an QVGA device?

its just what i am used to using, also i didnt run into the missing apps in market problem some of the other users myself included have been since running at 240x320, i can tell you for sure that 240x320 is using way less ram.

and loserskater to answer your question im not sure what panel type i am, i think most sprint vogues are 3 and i have never had an issue till now

Gersonian

Sep 22, 2008
Washington, DC
I too am used to the 320x480. I personally think it looks better because everything fits correctly and nothing is gigantic. Also, you gain a lot of real estate on each screen with the higher resolution. I would be more than happy to gain 7mb instead of 11mb and keep the 480 resolution. I cannot get the nbh editor to work on this either and I really thought I destroyed my phone until I realized that it would require both a reflash and a reinstall of my system... PHEW!