Themed Swype

Search This thread

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Cali
It seems everyone wants the voice input gone, but i still must ask.

If the buttons were resized and the voice mic sat in its own purdy box, would you want it there so the landscape was perfect?

Or do I do the no mic version and edit the landscape to where its the right size to match up to where swype "thinks" the button bars, will have about a 1/4'' black space to the far right?

What does everyone want?

nemesis000000

Dec 12, 2009
It seems everyone wants the voice input gone, but i still must ask.

If the buttons were resized and the voice mic sat in its own purdy box, would you want it there so the landscape was perfect?

Or do I do the no mic version and edit the landscape to where its the right size to match up to where swype "thinks" the button bars, will have about a 1/4'' black space to the far right?

What does everyone want?

whatever is easiest for u, i had an issue because the buttons overlapped some

evulhotdog

Jul 17, 2010
If you can split into two different verions, that would be great, i frequently use the voice when im driving, its a great feature.

btango05

Sep 2, 2010
newest one... signed
Not working....

So after running the commands I go to install and keep getting "application not installed"

I have been able to reinstall the original Swype.apk

EDIT 2: Ahh... that download is for 2.2? I'm still on 2.1.... I thought the OP was for a themed Swype for 2.1....??

Last edited:

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Cali
the 2.2 isnt really the matter, should still work nothing in the program that would require 2.2

have you tried pushing it with terminal emulator?

btango05

Sep 2, 2010
the 2.2 isnt really the matter, should still work nothing in the program that would require 2.2

have you tried pushing it with terminal emulator?
Yeah I tried to push...when I click to install it doesn't want to install. I found another site with beta swypes themed...those installed but didn't work after they were installed....go figure?? I'll figure it out later I guess but now I'm on the fence about installing froyo now or waiting...?

Corey@rabbit

Sep 26, 2009
Cali
might of been something wrong with the swype i uploaded so i reuploaded a new one

the way i get it to install is terminal

su
cp /sdcard/Swype.apk /system/app
reboot

make sure to type reboot in terminal

if it doesnt show up as input method afterwards, go into settings and keyboard and make sure swype is checked.

working on why it wont install, please stand by...

Last edited: