[POSSIBLE FIX] HTC One X Flashing Red Light and Not Booting
Here are some of the steps I took and our One X with stock everything and Android 4.2 is now back to life from a blinking red LED. I can't say exactly which step helped solve the problem, but I think a combination of things, which I found mostly from these forums helped. Hopefully this will help save some time for others.
- Disconnect the phone and leave it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes so the phone is sufficiently cool.
- Connect charger, hold down the the VOLUME DOWN + UP keys and POWER KEY. Phone will go into bootloader, choose recovery.
- First time screen turned off, and went back to flashing lights. So repeated steps 1 and 2 again.
- Second time it showed a red triangle with exclamation mark, after a few minutes display turned off, but the flashing red light turned into a *solid red light*.
- Left phone to charge for about 20 minutes.
- Used the advice on this thread:
And swapped the USB cable for a different one than the stock (I used the one I use for debugging my apps, so know it works).
- Repeatedly press the power button!
- Phone comes to life! Albeit with very low battery of 2%, it's now up to 7%, so I will leave it charging for a while now